Meet The Manager Night

Third Lanark

Hi, yeah - the Meet the Manager is still taking and will take place after the formal business of the AGM. You can of course join on the night should you wish to.

After the formal business is done (approx 8:15) then the Meet the Manager will take place which is open TO ALL FANS. :thumbsup2:

Edited by jags365

What's the script with just turning up if you're not a Jags Trust member? Do you have to pay a fee at the door?

I don't want to join the Jags Trust, but would be willing to pay money at the door to attend.

We went through this at the last Meet The Manager meeting - it's for members only. If you don't want to join then you won't get in.

Now you can argue the rights and wrongs of that position but it is what it is.

Hi, yeah - the Meet the Manager is still taking and will take place after the formal business of the AGM. You can of course join on the night should you wish to.

After the formal business is done (approx 8:15) then the Meet the Manager will take place which is open TO ALL FANS. :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the info Donald :thumbsup2:

We went through this at the last Meet The Manager meeting - it's for members only. If you don't want to join then you won't get in.

Now you can argue the rights and wrongs of that position but it is what it is.

Just to confirm despite whatever has happened at previous Meet the Manager nights,

Tonight's Meet the Manager is free to every man, woman, child and their dug (or cat). You will only need to 'pay' anything if you want to come to the Trust AGM and are yet to renew/want to become a member.

Anything intersting come from the meet the manager night?

As a general comment, Jackie's an entirely different beast from McCall. And it would appear that he speaks quietly but happy to wield a big stick. The subs just need to remember that there's nothing the camera can't pick up!! And players need to think about what they post on Facebook too.

He's looking to adopt a more modern approach, and was also critical that we were bringing youngsters into the first team squad too early when a further year with the under-19's would be of greater benefit. He described this as a "missing year" which meant that they were still doing things "on the hoof" rather than being disciplined enough to play their part in the team and fulfil the role selected for them.

We're playing 4-4-2 at the moment, because Jackie's not comfortable enough that the players currently can work together properly to allow 4-3-3 to work. However, that's what he's working on and it can be taken as a sign of progress once we switch back.

And the guy's disgustingly dapper and handsome. Reminds me of myself at the same age - now, I'm just disgusting.

Edited by Allan Heron

Wants Hutton on loan, might still be possible.

Robertson is more a CB & may be played there in games to come.

Fraser is too young & raw, needs game-time & coaching.

Not impressed with the coaching the youngsters have had, they play on instinct not on what they should have been taught by now.

Neil McCann may be fit for the Morton game.

O'Donnell a real threat for the RB slot if Paton's form was to drop.

Elliot was signed ahead of McManus as he's a better investement for the club.

Finance, or lack of, means we only have 2 goalies. But hopeful that Wightman will challenge Scully for no2 in the future.

Cairney's best position is LM & he is now much fitter, happy with fitness of the whole squad also.

He's not afraid to get stuck in & be strict, in his own way though, was the impression he gave.

Just off the top of my head.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Wants Hutton on loan, might still be possible.

Robertson is more a CB & may be played there in games to come.

Fraser is too young & raw, needs game-time & coaching.

Not impressed with the coaching the youngsters have had, they play on instinct not on what they should have been taught by now.

Neil McCann may be fit for the Morton game.

O'Donnell a real threat for the RB slot if Paton's form was to drop.

Elliot was signed ahead of McManus as he's a better investement for the club.

Finance, or lack of, means we only have 2 goalies. But hopeful that Wightman will challenge Scully for no2 in the future.

Cairney's best position is LM & he is now much fitter, happy with fitness of the whole squad also.

He's not afraid to get stuck in & be strict, in his own way though, was the impression he gave.

Just off the top of my head.

That's an interesting one. Does JM want the team to play like predictable robots, with no opportunity for individual flair or the instinctive creativity that sometimes leads to unexpected excitement and goals?

That's an interesting one. Does JM want the team to play like predictable robots, with no opportunity for individual flair or the instinctive creativity that sometimes leads to unexpected excitement and goals?

No.

What he wants is for Ian Flanagan to take a free kick correctly when the team have been set up on a move they've worked on in training. Played a short ball instead leaving the team all over the place resulting in the loss of a goal and a man sent off (against Berwick). That might perhaps be "instinctive creativity that sometimes leads to unexpected excitement and goals" ;)

What he wants is for players to play as a team recognising the role that they have to play and to be able to support their colleagues and not run about like headless chickens

He absolutely does want them to play instincively - too many sideways passes, too many touches before a pass is attempted.

What he is seeking is to build indvidual skills within a team that actually plays football. He said about last week that he was pleased with the points but he never wants to win ugly.

The big challenge is whether he can raise the standards throughout the club or if that will be asking too much. I'd rather aim high and fall short as that will still represent an improvement on where we are/have been

Found the recorded thingy very interesting and illuminating.

I attended more than a few McCall nights and got the impression there was more attention to detail in Jackie's answers. Just as McCall was refreshingly like night and day when compared to the Bunnet's onwards and upwards spiel, I feel McNamara's up a notch or two on his predecessor. That doesn't necessarily make Jackie a better manager, McCall delegated well for instance, but he certainly comes across as a good judge of player.

If you want to be pessimistic you can refer back to comparison with the Whyte/Britton days but I don't see it that way. McCall to his credit left the Club with a decent infrastructure. If Jackie is critical of certain aspects of the youth coaching it's only possible as we now actually have a youth structure to improve on. If our current youngsters have to be nursemaided that wee bit longer before they're ready for the big bad first team so be it.

If we come thru this season distancing ourselves from the bottom of the league and still playing the way McNamara wants it will be a major achievement given there's no teams that could be described as relegation fodder. So far he's impressed with his approach but I guess that's the easy bit.

No.

What he wants is for Ian Flanagan to take a free kick correctly when the team have been set up on a move they've worked on in training. Played a short ball instead leaving the team all over the place resulting in the loss of a goal and a man sent off (against Berwick). That might perhaps be "instinctive creativity that sometimes leads to unexpected excitement and goals" ;)

What he wants is for players to play as a team recognising the role that they have to play and to be able to support their colleagues and not run about like headless chickens

He absolutely does want them to play instincively - too many sideways passes, too many touches before a pass is attempted.

What he is seeking is to build indvidual skills within a team that actually plays football. He said about last week that he was pleased with the points but he never wants to win ugly.

The big challenge is whether he can raise the standards throughout the club or if that will be asking too much. I'd rather aim high and fall short as that will still represent an improvement on where we are/have been

Sounds lovely. The neanderthals that I sit near won't get it though.

I don't get his comments about the young players. Surely he, Sid and Ian Cameron were the guys coaching these players over the past couple of seasons?

I think it was about moving people through to the first team squad too soon rather than staying as part of the under-19 set up where the focus is less on setting up the team than on teaching and developing the individual, I think. He felt they were more they needed to learn in that type of environment.

I don't understand enough about the difference between the two but I got the impression that it's considerably different.

Edited by Allan Heron