Scotland Game

Willjag

and Spain :(

Hawd oan, why would the Czechs be playing Spain in Kaunas? You meant Lithuania eh? Well that scenario is the most likely (but still unlikely).

The Czechs lost at home to Lithuania,so u never know.however if we win on Tuesday,which we have to

then Lithuania have nothing to play for against the Czechs.

Edited by thornwoodjag

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utter rubbish.

There are plenty managers who could do a better job than Levein. I'd have Dick Campbell before I'd have Levein and that is saying something!!!!

Lets look at the facts of the game. They had 2 gilt edged chances within the first 5 mins of the game, they had a stonewall pen denied and we scored on the stroke of half time with our first attempt on goal (with the help of a dodgy stand-in keeper).

2nd half, we let them come on to us, replace our left back with a guy who has had absolutely no first team football (when we have natural fullbacks on the bench), lose a poor goal defensively, got ourselves back in the game thanks to a slip in their defence (and some great play from Miller & Fletcher) then lose a pen to a dodgy decision (which probably evened out the earlier one).

We were not unlucky. We were the victim of poor tactics from our so called 'manager' whose disgraceful, arrogant and deluded decision to play 4-6-0 in Prague is now coming home to roost.

In short, don't blame the ref, blame Craig Levein.

+1

Gordon Strachan.

To be honest, do we even need a full time manager?

Certainly not the worst shout. And there is no doubting the fact that he wants the job.

Today's papers are nauseating reading. Levein is basically hiding behind the pen decisions instead of looking at his own lousy tactics and substitutions.

Levien is not the man, far too negative tactics no tempo. That's why the atmosphere was garbage when we did with smith or mcliesh the atmosphere was great got the team keep going. Soon as Craig took over its been goin down and down atmosphere wish, player's will start to lose intrest with him as manager!

Yes dodgy ref we maybe wouldn't be in this position if we attacked and naisy put a effort in Morrison was murder as well.

Edited by O.T.I.G.ANDYBOY JNR

I was at the game and to be honest wont pay money again to watch Scotland as long as this negative, ultra cautious, defensive minded attitude that has taken over a succession of Scotland managers prevails.Our best performance in years was when we had a go at Spain in the second half and decided to actually attack a team for once.Levin's constantly negative tactics only serve to undermine the players confidence by making them think every team we play is somehow miles better than us.We all know our limitations but lets try to play above ourselves rather than below.Levin should have been sacked for playing no forward up front against the Czechs away from home,an utter disgrace and only one forward and six in the middle in a must win game at Hampden isn't much better."Gallus" seems to be a word that's disappeared from Scottish football.

Levien is not the man, far too negative tactics no tempo. That's why the atmosphere was garbage when we did with smith or mcliesh the atmosphere was great got the team keep going. Soon as Craig took over its been goin down and down atmosphere wish, player's will start to lose intrest with him as manager!

Yes dodgy ref we maybe wouldn't be in this position if we attacked and naisy put a effort in Morrison was murder as well.

Naismith and Morrison are good players who were probably following Levein's instructions on the pitch hence the fact that they weren't effective. What I find frustrating is the fact that we do actually have a few fairly decent players but have a manager wh is dragging everyone back down with his own mediocrity.

No doubt we'll have a half fit Craig McCail Smith playing on Tuesday as a lone striker against the mighty Lithuania instead of £7M Stephen Fletcher who should be playing.

Naismith and Morrison are good players who were probably following Levein's instructions on the pitch hence the fact that they weren't effective. What I find frustrating is the fact that we do actually have a few fairly decent players but have a manager wh is dragging everyone back down with his own mediocrity.

No doubt we'll have a half fit Craig McCail Smith playing on Tuesday as a lone striker against the mighty Lithuania instead of £7M Stephen Fletcher who should be playing.

Nah, it wasn't the roles they were given yesterday, they were just rubbish. Naismith made numerous passes to no-one and actually caused the first goal by giving the ball away in midfield, again with a misplaced pass (after several similar misplaced passes in the first half). Im pretty sure Levein never instructed him to do that. His first touch was woeful on several occasssions too, most notably in the first half when a good first touch would have put him through on goal.

Morrison was just generally poor, which may have been a result of Leveins instructions as he never ran at them the way he usually does...Rosicky on the other hand ran at us every time he got the chance, and in that second half he was given so much space he ran at us every time he got the ball.

I was at the game and to be honest wont pay money again to watch Scotland as long as this negative, ultra cautious, defensive minded attitude that has taken over a succession of Scotland managers prevails.Our best performance in years was when we had a go at Spain in the second half and decided to actually attack a team for once.Levin's constantly negative tactics only serve to undermine the players confidence by making them think every team we play is somehow miles better than us.We all know our limitations but lets try to play above ourselves rather than below.Levin should have been sacked for playing no forward up front against the Czechs away from home,an utter disgrace and only one forward and six in the middle in a must win game at Hampden isn't much better."Gallus" seems to be a word that's disappeared from Scottish football.

Excellent summary!!

I'm barely out of my post match sulk. Not getting involved in the managerial debates. But my 10 pence worth is this: it is time that Scotland started cheating. Cheating works. Look at the those Italian swines at Hampden. Lots of teams do it and it works. For every red card you could get three penalties. Referees are spineless arrogant creeps so play it their way. Harrumph.

The SFA website says that Mackail-Smith is out with a back strain and has returned to his club. Typically, Levein has not called up a replacement. Naismith is taking painkillers for a hip injury. Goodwillie will probably start with Naismith on the left again if he is fit. We have no other strikers in the squad.

Charlie Adam is very doubtful with a hip injury. So that's 2 (possibly 3) strikers and 2 key midfielders out but no call-ups. What a fecking joke!

Edited by kni

I totally agree with those calling for Avril's head. The man is a caricature of a football manager; a dire failure, his stint at Leicester was a plane crash, and no self-respecting club would allow him within a 20 mile radius of the manager's chair. His tactics are an affront, and the worst bit about that is his arrogant self-belief. His culpability over Praguegate should have resulted in a minimum of 5 years' imprisonment.

All that said, there is no getting away from the fact that the Dutch ref on saturday was/is as bent as a 7 Euro note. May his next shite be a landmine coated in semtex.

I totally agree with those calling for Avril's head. The man is a caricature of a football manager; a dire failure, his stint at Leicester was a plane crash, and no self-respecting club would allow him within a 20 mile radius of the manager's chair. His tactics are an affront, and the worst bit about that is his arrogant self-belief. His culpability over Praguegate should have resulted in a minimum of 5 years' imprisonment.

All that said, there is no getting away from the fact that the Dutch ref on saturday was/is as bent as a 7 Euro note. May his next shite be a landmine coated in semtex.

As a lot of posters have already said, the referee was a disgrace and (and here we can compare him to Levein) his incompotence was made worse by an arrogance that wouldn't let him take note of thigns that were happening in front of him. (Like Hutton geting kicked all over the place).

But he did miss a blatant penalty by Adams which could easily also have been a sending off. So he can't be used as an excuse, especially when you consider Levein's tactics in earlier games.

i'm old enough to remember qualifing on dodgy decisions....jordans hand ball....cooper pen....both v wales.........what goes around..comes around....this is our time to be shafted...add a shite manager and we're gubbed big time......

long as jags beat county next week....couldn't give a toss about today.

used to care so much bout national team...those days are long gone .

I'm sad to say that I might be more like the other way round these days. I wasn't as upset by the last gasp penalty as I would have been years ago though. Maybe part of me realises there's no point, and that fitba is a crock of shit now. It's never been less involving, epitomised by the Premiership, where money is all that matters.

I'll take it if u dont want to go?

Still tickets on sale mate so get yourself one and go along. I still live in hope and we need as many people at Hampden to support the team to get a win. One win means we can at least delay the pain for another month. Plus the more Glaswegians there the better to balance out the pheseant feather maglashan brigade.

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold for tonight or how close to a sell out it is? I’ve no interest in going, just wondering how mobbed the trains are going to be and how long the queues will be at Central around 5.30/6pm

Was told on Saturday that 34k had been sold for tonight's game... can't imagine many more have been sold since. I'd say maybe busier than usual at that time but not mobbed till around 6:30.

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold for tonight or how close to a sell out it is? I’ve no interest in going, just wondering how mobbed the trains are going to be and how long the queues will be at Central around 5.30/6pm

I'd imagine there'll be a fair amount of folk with ticket who may not turn up.

Ever the optimist, I don't think that we are out of it yet. Assuming that Spain beat both us and the Czechs, I don't fancy their chances of going to Lithuania needing to get 3 points. 2 wins for us, starting tonight might well be enough.

(Hey .... we are due a wee bit of luck after Saturday)

Agreed.but when we beat Lithuania,they will have nothing to play for against the Czechs.

That big worries me.