Just In

angry gaz

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really want to answer for others in their condemnation of Cappielow but for what it's worth....

You're either made to sit in the uncovered end regardless of weather or are herded into a doll's house of a stand with considerably less leg room than even Ryan Air would consider acceptable. Once squeezed into that stand you're visibility is impaired by pillars and the odd steward standing down at the front row. I don't believe it's possible from any part of the away stand to see both nearside corner flags.

There is NO gents toilet in the DVT stand and the elderly and/or less abled plus parents with younger kids have to walk down and back up from near the turnstiles for the privilege of using a loo that at best can be described as quaint. The quality of catering is roughly on par with the quality of toilet and puts a different spin on the term "outside catering".

Regardless of where you're sat you're charged I believe £15, which just about makes Dens Pk's £19 seem value for money.

I'm far from enthralled with the state of Firhill. No one can describe it as anything other than an eyesore but at least visiting fans can sit in relative comfort, see the whole playing surface and not run the risk of getting soaked going for a pie or pee.

Thats pretty much my view on cappielow too

Cappielow's a hole of the highest order..however the hospitality is superb...Firhill looks like a hole but is a country mile ahead of Cappielow..however our Hospitality is sh ite or so I am led to believe

Don't know why I felt the need to post that but I did

And who leads you to believe that? Somebody who didn't enjoy it for one reason or another? And that person's opinion would make it sh ite?

That was stunning, we will not play any better this season. I feel sorry for the thistle fans that missed that. :D

Yeah rub it in why don't you !!!

Big thanks to THORNWOODJAG for the text updates on Friday night. Albert Dock in Liverpool echoed to the shouts of YA BEAUTY and DOOOLAN as I was told we'd gone 2-0 up.

Pints went down a treat back at the hotel with every text there after.

Perfect start to a truly fantastic weekend.

Fixed it for you. :thumbsup2:

Cheerza barney boy - howza da beaches downa tirana way deeze days?! :thumbsup2:

Anyway the point i was trying to make is just cos we're treated like crap elsewhere doesn't mean we have to return the complement to visiting fans. Visiting fans should be treated like fkin human beings ffs and not scumbags - and if scumbags do show up then they should be treated appropriately by a bit of proper old school policing.

On the subject of the stadia and third-worldability, I've had limited views of the pitch due to stanchions down at places like everton and been crammed in like sardines at grounds like newcastle (and at over 6 foot the leg room at firhill isn't good at all either) but i wouldn't have cappielow (proper old school ground) in the 3rd world category.

That was the time when Buchanan scored two goals and had three assists. I don't believe Liam B ever came near to that level of performance for us again and we suffered as well.

I do believe last night's Morton side is vastly superior to that previous one and likewise we're no longer dependent on one player. Five goals from five different players more than backs that up. I'm not getting carried away with the result but it's good to know that no opponents can single out one Jags player for extra marking to stop us from being effective.

Seem to recall him being fairly useful a couple of weeks later against ICT away. Also remeber we defeated Livingston 4-0 and him pretty much setting up every goal.

And who leads you to believe that? Somebody who didn't enjoy it for one reason or another? And that person's opinion would make it sh ite?

Well i can only base an opinion on what I have heard and based on the half dozen people i know who have been they have said its not value for money(and the fact they are sitting about 10 seats along from their usual seats!)...I must point out though that the legendary Robert Reid was the highlight for all those I know that have been :thumbsup2:

Well i can only base an opinion on what I have heard and based on the half dozen people i know who have been they have said its not value for money(and the fact they are sitting about 10 seats along from their usual seats!)...I must point out though that the legendary Robert Reid was the highlight for all those I know that have been :thumbsup2:

Fair enough, but don't you give any credence to the numerous people who have posted on here who have said that they had a brilliant day out at Firhill hospitality?

Fair enough, but don't you give any credence to the numerous people who have posted on here who have said that they had a brilliant day out at Firhill hospitality?

I can understand where Chicofan is coming from but my perception of the point he is making is regarding the hospitality a year or two ago. Before Beattie/Allan took control.

Under the old guard hospitality was £70-£80 and lying barely a third full at a lot of games. The whole package was unimaginative and had a 'this is the price, take it or leave it' feel to it. It wasn't attractive as it cost too much, in my opinion.

Compare it to Morton, where you have a free bar all day and Sky Sports on offer, for around the same price.

There's a lot of work behind the scenes that go into providing the customers with a great service and I'm not taking anything away from them at all. I've been to hospitality twice and enjoyed it.

What the new folk in charge have shown is some initiative and some common sense. They've lowered the prices for certain deals (curry night etc) and it has proved successful the price hasn't put people off from taking up the offer.

I can understand where Chicofan is coming from but my perception of the point he is making is regarding the hospitality a year or two ago. Before Beattie/Allan took control.

Under the old guard hospitality was £70-£80 and lying barely a third full at a lot of games. The whole package was unimaginative and had a 'this is the price, take it or leave it' feel to it. It wasn't attractive as it cost too much, in my opinion.

Compare it to Morton, where you have a free bar all day and Sky Sports on offer, for around the same price.

There's a lot of work behind the scenes that go into providing the customers with a great service and I'm not taking anything away from them at all. I've been to hospitality twice and enjoyed it.

What the new folk in charge have shown is some initiative and some common sense. They've lowered the prices for certain deals (curry night etc) and it has proved successful the price hasn't put people off from taking up the offer.

Spot on.

There was a time when Thistle's hospitality was comparable or much better than our competitors. Then they got complacent, and didn't think about "customer relations". The last couple of times I've been have been better, and they are being more imaginative. I thought Friday's was a great idea and was well done (apart from a bit less than slick in identifying people/ locations).

Morton's I've been to a few times. The surroundings aren't as good as Thistle, but there are some things they do better:

- The person in charge of hospitality (Susan?) takes time to get to know you when you book it, keeps in touch and works really hard on the day to make sure she gets round every table and that everyone's day is excellent. She follows up after to make sure you had a great day and see if you want another booking...

- The supporters trust have people attend and circulate chatting to people. Gives a strong "this is the fan's club" feeling.

- Free bar; yes. But they control it by having a set number of 'drinks waiter' visits to the table. It's well done.

- They bring the manager in after the game to be interviewed by the chairman, and take questions from the floor.

I thought there's a lot we could learn from them/ others. You can't stand still. And it's not even talking about spending money....

Edited by Mr Scruff

Spot on.

There was a time when Thistle's hospitality was comparable or much better than our competitors. Then they got complacent, and didn't think about "customer relations". The last couple of times I've been have been better, and they are being more imaginative. I thought Friday's was a great idea and was well done (apart from a bit less than slick in identifying people/ locations).

Morton's I've been to a few times. The surroundings aren't as good as Thistle, but there are some things they do better:

- The person in charge of hospitality (Susan?) takes time to get to know you when you book it, keeps in touch and works really hard on the day to make sure she gets round every table and that everyone's day is excellent. She follows up after to make sure you had a great day and see if you want another booking...

- The supporters trust have people attend and circulate chatting to people. Gives a strong "this is the fan's club" feeling.

- Free bar; yes. But they control it by having a set number of 'drinks waiter' visits to the table. It's well done.

- They bring the manager in after the game to be interviewed by the chairman, and take questions from the floor.

I thought there's a lot we could learn from them/ others. You can't stand still. And it's not even talking about spending money....

It seems clear that there are good ideas to be picked up from how other clubs do it. As long as the customers don't feel like they're being harassed to sign up to this or that (or the other).