The Seats

Chicofan

Really meant to post this when I got in on Saturday and this isn't a moan just for the sake of it, but..........For the love of god can the seats not be cleaned?? we have been saying for years and it never seems to get any better!! must have been 20 just in and around where 4 of us were sitting on Saturday caked with birs sh it!!

Summed it up when my wee boy said on the way home "Dad why is there is always birds jobbies on the seats at firhill"

Such a basic thing and has never been properly dealt with.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really meant to post this when I got in on Saturday and this isn't a moan just for the sake of it, but..........For the love of god can the seats not be cleaned?? we have been saying for years and it never seems to get any better!! must have been 20 just in and around where 4 of us were sitting on Saturday caked with birs sh it!!

Summed it up when my wee boy said on the way home "Dad why is there is always birds jobbies on the seats at firhill"

You could tell him that he's lucky; the north stand seats were covered in human jobbies after the tims match.

There is also an increasing amount of broken seats ,some quite dangerous. Some seat backs collapse or the metal from broken seats is left jutting out. Ironically ,mainly in the kids zone! Bit of a H & S nightmare.

There is also an increasing amount of broken seats ,some quite dangerous. Some seat backs collapse or the metal from broken seats is left jutting out. Ironically ,mainly in the kids zone! Bit of a H & S nightmare.

Always frustrates me when you see kids and even some adults standing on seats, obviously we don't want to live in a world where the stewards are overbearing and telling people off for such trivial matters, but at the same time this is what breaks seats and could cost the club loads if some scousers happen upon Firhill and decide to sue.

Of course the dirty seat and broken seat numbers have been reported to the Club?

Surely the club have a care of duty to ensure that the people who keep club alive can sit and watch the game without sitting on Bird Sh It???

I wonder if Jackie's seat in his office is covered in sh it or the Directors seats??

my thoughts as well :thumbsup2:

Totally pathetic but predictable reply. The club need to take responsibility for some things.

The club has a duty to ensure the H+S of visitors and while I would not expect the club to check every seat after every game, some of these have been covered in shit and broken since last season.

How long would it take for a few bodies to go round the stand and check how safe and clean the seats are?

It's areas like this that I think the club should get the fans involved. We know the club is skint but if they organised some power hoses, mops and buckets and asked for volunteers I'm sure we'd get numbers to quickly turn it around. I know AFC Wimbledon get volunteers for activities like this especially before the start of the season to help spruce up and maintain the ground.

Saying that anyone who is reading this with some power hoses or works for a cleaning firm?

It's areas like this that I think the club should get the fans involved. We know the club is skint but if they organised some power hoses, mops and buckets and asked for volunteers I'm sure we'd get numbers to quickly turn it around. I know AFC Wimbledon get volunteers for activities like this especially before the start of the season to help spruce up and maintain the ground.

Saying that anyone who is reading this with some power hoses or works for a cleaning firm?

Hey, Lost Doo, you've gotta cheek to comment!

:D

Of course the dirty seat and broken seat numbers have been reported to the Club?

I've sent emails including photographs twice. First time I was told it would be dealt with and the seats were cleaned once, however it inevitably reappeared and the second time I got no reply. I've suggested on both occasions that they could look at putting the spikes you see on window ledges all around the city centre to prevent birds gathering, along the black drainage pipe that runs the length of the JH. The back row is particularly bad for it. I sit in the section next to hospitality, about ten seats away and you can clearly see that the seats are either cleaned weekly or the birds just prefer dumping on the grey ones.

Been there, got the t-shirt about four or five years ago in a trust meeting I went to. Great idea to kick off with, but if you're going to do one seat you might as well crack on and do the lot - the entire 6200 or whatever.

For debate's sake, let's say there's a minute spent on cleaning each seat, though it'll take longer to do it thoroughly. That's 100 hours of work. Hopefully this speeds up if a sponsor pays for the hire of jet washers.

Maybe you try and get the work done in eight hours with five hired jet washers and 20 volunteers?

Maybe the club takes its responsibility to paying fans in hand and cleans up - that sounds like a better idea.

Been there, got the t-shirt about four or five years ago in a trust meeting I went to. Great idea to kick off with, but if you're going to do one seat you might as well crack on and do the lot - the entire 6200 or whatever.

For debate's sake, let's say there's a minute spent on cleaning each seat, though it'll take longer to do it thoroughly. That's 100 hours of work. Hopefully this speeds up if a sponsor pays for the hire of jet washers.

Maybe you try and get the work done in eight hours with five hired jet washers and 20 volunteers?

Maybe the club takes its responsibility to paying fans in hand and cleans up - that sounds like a better idea.

You would think that some sort of budget would and should be in place for things such as this? or would that be too sensible?

Even though I don't live locally to Firhill, I'd be more than willing to travel up and help out with some cleaning of the JH. State of the seats is something that needs sorted.

Community service for offenders!!

:rolleyes:

My tip -

Take a packet of wet-wipes and a cheap poly bag to the game.

Doesn't sort the broken seats, admittedly.

Edited to Add:

The poly bag can either be used to put the used wet wipes in or to slide over the seat before sitting on it.

Edited by Norman

My tip -

Take a packet of wet-wipes and a cheap poly bag to the game.

Doesn't sort the broken seats, admittedly.

Edited to Add:

The poly bag can either be used to put the used wet wipes in or to slide over the seat before sitting on it.

Nope you would need to take 2 with you one for the back part and one for the seat part..sitting on a polybag for 90 minutes would also give you a very sweaty arse!