Team V Culter/latest Score

Alan Murray

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This I reckon will be the first time we've not had to adjust the squad to be compliant by bringing in youngster. Even so I'd like to see Campbell make the bench.

Might as well cup tie Balamory and Dargo tho' I'd be pressed to come up with a likely scenario that would be of benefit to us.

Don't see why you'd switch Cairney & Bannigan round, Alan? :unsure:

This I reckon will be the first time we've not had to adjust the squad to be compliant by bringing in youngster. Even so I'd like to see Campbell make the bench.

Might as well cup tie Balamory and Dargo tho' I'd be pressed to come up with a likely scenario that would be of benefit to us.

Don't see why you'd switch Cairney & Bannigan round, Alan? :unsure:

Can't remember what happened last year but I thought Hearts would have insisted Balatoni wasn't cup tied (they could never be sure what emergenicies might turn up - like losing most of their current team).

Also I'd have thought Dargo would have preferred not to be cup tied as that might make it difficult for him to get another club in January. We don't need him anyway v Culter - though possibly the fact he's signed will encourage a better perfomance out of our regulars.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Can't remember what happened last year but I thought Hearts would have insisted Balatoni wasn't cup tied (they could never be sure what emergenicies might turn up - like losing most of their current team).

Also I'd have thought Dargo would have preferred not to be cup tied as that might make it difficult for him to get another club in January. We don't need him anyway v Culter - though possibly the fact he's signed will encourage a better perfomance out of our regulars.

Hearts have said that we can play Conrad so reckon he'll play. I'll go with Alan's team, swapping Bannigan and Cairney.

Scott Fox

Paton Balatoni Archie Sinclair

O’Donnell Rowson Cairney Bannigan

Doolan Stewart

Subs: Scully : Robertson: Erskine : Elliot : Dargo

Think Jackie will go 4-4-2 here. Cairney may move into the middle with Bannigan out left.

I would have thought that Dargo, signed for only a few weeks, would not want to be cup-tied. It would be a good opportunity to give McBeth some first-team action from the bench.

Craig will do what he's telt. If that means a five minute cameo appearance as a sub, so be it. I'm sure he'll be happy to get a game, imo. He's a Thistle player even if only for a short time. If he shows form and fitness I would hope he'd sign up until the end of the season.

I'd go Fox; O'Donnell; Sinclair; What's the story; Archie in defence. Rowson; Bannigan; Cairney in midfield. Stewart; Doolanihno and Erskine (on the left please Jackie).

Culter 1 Thistle 7 B) Simples.

It must just be the natural pessimist in me but I'm not forseeing a cricket score nor an extremely comfortable result. :unsure:

I think there is a lot of potential for a slip-up tomorrow. Our terrible away form combined with Culter's habit of winning, scoring bag-full's in the process, doesn't fill me with optimism despite their lowly status. If our players turn up there with a billy-big-time attitude (which I think is entirely possible with some players), it could be a long and embarrassing afternoon.

I agree with adopting a 4-4-2 and I would refrain from starting any younger players, apart from perhaps Bannigan who has been a stand-out in the Reserve games I've seen recently. I'd go with Fox, Paton, Balatoni, Archie and Sinclair at the back; Erskine and O'Donnell/Elliot on the wings; Cairney and Rowson in the middle; Stewart and Dools up top.

Here's hoping my pessimism is misplaced and we stick a few past them...

Want to see us go at them.

Fox

Paton Robertson/Balatoni Archibald Sinclair

O'Donnell Rowson Cairney

Erskine Doolan Elliot

Subs: Scully, Robertson/Balatoni, Bannigan, Stewart, Dargo

I think with the pitch being quite narrow it doesn't make an awful lot of sense to play 4 in the middle, especially if Paton and Sinclair are going to be on their heels. Best to have a third man up front and stretch them out a bit. Snappy stuff through the middle and lots of shots on goal please.

It appears not unfortunately. Cant see any mention of live commentary on the BBC site so i think the best we'll get is updates on the pre amble to the live games at 3.

I'm working and don't have headphones with me unfortunately. At least the BBC seem to be doing score updates.