Jackie

ian_mac

I think the club should make the replay a fiver to get in and free entry for kids. We should perform better on a wider and bigger pitch.

And do Culter out of the gate money they deserve.

Lets just put this behind us, stick a few past them at Firhill and learn from the experience. As many others have said, our name is in the hat for the next round.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season we played very poorly against Annan and struggled to beat them 1-0. Threads were on here calling for Ian McCalls head, as you say both McCall and Campbell would have been criticised to kingdom come for todays result if they were in charge.

The big difference, for me anyway, is that McCall and Campbell were both much more experienced managers whilst Jackie is a younger man in his first job. He will make mistakes and there will be ups and downs but that is the nature of things, we need to give him time and support.

..........ach it's awl a conspiracy! :lol:

this result was sorted before we played the game!

Mac 'n' Gibby had agreed to a draw and a replay :love:

to help out Coolter!

I got 5/1 on the draw! - cheers guy's! :thumbsup2:

be a different arrangement next week!! ;)

Monra Jagzz! :fan:

Edited by Davie Thistle

to help out Coolter!

by any chance are you related to neil lennon and steve jennings :lol:

Edited by thistle4tw

The big difference, for me anyway, is that McCall and Campbell were both much more experienced managers whilst Jackie is a younger man in his first job. He will make mistakes and there will be ups and downs but that is the nature of things, we need to give him time and support.

Jackie, like any manager, must be judged on his results. You are suggesting that we should make allowances for his inexperience. The board preferred him to a more experienced candidate, presumably because they thought a former Scotland international had the ability to do a better job.

I am not calling for Jackie to be sacked, just saying that we should just him on his results like any other manager. If Jackie cannot prepare a team to beat a Junior club, the fans are entitled to voice concerns or doubts. My fear is that we have not learned from the mistakes of 2004.

to help out Coolter!

Probably the most plausible assessment of today's tie. I'm sure there wasn't any match fixing but there was certainly an element of 'I don't really care if this ends up a draw' from both teams today.

Jags will win 5-0 in the replay and both teams will move on with more cash than they were expecting from the tie and a spring in their step for the season ahead.

Looking at it negatively, four players were again rank rotten today and should be dumped out the team for O'Donnell, Campbell, Fraser (just get the boy back now FFS) and Hutton respectively. Time to give youth a proper chance at our club.

**** off Jackie ya useless ****. I've never been this embarrassed in my life watching my beloved Thistle, you are a disgrace you fcuking tosser. Love the comparisons you get to Lambert and McInnes, future manager at the top end of the English game. In your dreams ya bellend.

Balatoni should never wear the red and yellow again, what a useless *******, I've seen better centre halfs up Huntershill in the Briggs on a Sunday morning, the useless ******* ******.

Have to laugh at Sinclair, his old man preaching on Twitter about how hes destined for better things than us in January, he couldn't cut in my pub team based on that, ****** knobend.

Jackie and the useless twitter mafia out. I'll take in the Ross County away game for a piss up and a last chance to stand in Dingwall, but this team make me sick, and you'd think they'd have learned from the Berwick humilation.

Fair play to Culter, I applauded them off the park, and they recognised it.

Edited by MWM

I haven't read thru the vast majority of comments on here, which is something I rarely do before posting, so apologies if I'm repeating other posts. Relative to Ian the OP comments I don't criticise McNamara for today's result. If tho' you've bean questioning his appointment, player selection, tactics etc for some time then that's a different matter. The bigger picture if you like could be arguably a different matter.

But on the specific of today's performance in isolation I can't see where McNamara should be singled out for criticism. Any Jags team should have gone out there today and ripped the opposition apart. McNamara selected roughly the strongest Jags side and played a standard system. I don't believe had José Mourinho picked the side, formation and been on the touchline we'd have done any better.

Point I'm making, albeit thru an alcoholic haze, is that just about every Jags player today let us down big time. The more senior the player, regardless of their individual performance, the more culpable.

Blame McNamara by all means but on a background based over several months and not this game in isolation.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Nonsense about it being the worst result in the club's history.

The Berwick result this season was worse.

We are still in the cup, and we'll beat them at Firhill, next Saturday.

It's an embarassment, nothing worse.

Perspective man, perspective.

Aye easy to speak about perspective but this is a joke.....this mob were juniors and their captain was older than me.

A lot of our boys need to take a long hard look at themselves...

I live up here and I will get the push ripped out of me for this........

Well done the Culter boys.....better than us!!!!!!!!

I haven't read thru the vast majority of comments on here, which is something I rarely do before posting, so apologies if I'm repeating other posts. Relative to Ian the OP comments I don't criticise McNamara for today's result. If tho' you've bean questioning his appointment, player selection, tactics etc for some time then that's a different matter. The bigger picture if you like could be arguably a different matter.

But on the specific of today's performance in isolation I can't see where McNamara should be singled out for criticism. Any Jags team should have gone out there today and ripped the opposition apart. McNamara selected roughly the strongest Jags side and played a standard system. I don't believe had José Mourinho picked the side, formation and been on the touchline we'd have done any better.

Point I'm making, albeit thru an alcoholic haze, is that just about every Jags player today let us down big time. The more senior the player, regardless of their individual performance, the more culpable.

Blame McNamara by

all means but on a background based over several months and not this game in isolation.

Totally agree

**** off Jackie ya useless ****. I've never been this embarrassed in my life watching my beloved Thistle, you are a disgrace you fcuking tosser. Love the comparisons you get to Lambert and McInnes, future manager at the top end of the English game. In your dreams ya bellend.

Balatoni should never wear the red and yellow again, what a useless *******, I've seen better centre halfs up Huntershill in the Briggs on a Sunday morning, the useless ******* ******.

Have to laugh at Sinclair, his old man preaching on Twitter about how hes destined for better things than us in January, he couldn't cut in my pub team based on that, ****** knobend.

Jackie and the useless twitter mafia out. I'll take in the Ross County away game for a piss up and a last chance to stand in Dingwall, but this team make me sick, and you'd think they'd have learned from the Berwick humilation.

Never mind. Jesus loves us all. :bag:

Pity you did not post this line on it's own, as you lost the lost the plot with the rest of your comments - we were cr&p yes, but if the players have the same level of control on the part as you have over your comments, I'd be seriously worried.

Yeah we will take stick over this result, and could have been worse if that late chance had gone in but fully expect us to take five of them in the return.

Ah I love it. People happy with McNamara and the mob who spend more time on Twitter and Facebook that actually training or preparing for games. Whats your solution "back the team"? I done that in the form of the money I spent today to watch us draw with a pub team.

Ah I love it. People happy with McNamara and the mob who spend more time on Twitter and Facebook that actually training or preparing for games. Whats your solution "back the team"? I done that in the form of the money I spent today to watch us draw with a pub team.

the problem in my opinion with jackie is he's too matey with the players and with a manager like jim Jeffries or John Hughes (who I was rooting for) at the helm they would have got a rollockin for that instead jackie will probably slap their wrists and say dont do it again the same thing happened to Steve mclaren as England manager. Jackie needs to become 60% boss 40% mate rather than vice versa.

Edited by thistle4tw

Just in from work. Didnt know the result until I saw this.

WHAT AN UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL,SHAMEFUL RESULT AGAINST A JUNIOR TEAM WHO ARE NOT EVEN ONE OF THE BETTER ONES IN SCOTLAND!!. They won a very poor standard league, in Junior terms as up here Junior football is rank.

Remember Spartans actually beat them at Culter??, This is undoubtedly the most shameful result in the clubs history, given the standard of the opposition.

I have said this before, that I DID NOT agree with McNmara's appointment, but said he must be given a chance.He is NOW struggling to do anything with the squad he has. Our performances away from home have been abject. He is too one dimentional.

On another thread I predicted that it would go back to Firhill. Pity I didnt back that with cash.

This club are sliding into oblivion, I fear its all too far gone to fix. Both on and off the park.

Well done Culter. You get another payday. I think next week could well be another struggle. :mad2:

Fuk me - I was expecting to be looking at my mobile, watching the goals pour in today.

One of the topics on OTB today was 'What does Partick Thistle mean to you' - quite why I don't know as I missed the start but, to me, today was what supporting Thistle does to you. Puts you through the wringer.

It was probably Culter's best ever result, but I don't think it was our worst; we are still in the cup. The worrying thing for me is that we dont seem to have learned anything from the Berwick game.

We are better than the OF, so lets not all go mental on the back of one (admittedly embarassing) result. There's not one player who played today who Jackie opted to keep who we would have questioned pre-season, and some of his signings have proved to be a pleasant surprise. Despite today's result, I still think things are getting better at the club on and off the park.

BTW - why was this re-scheduled for next Saturday? That was a pishy decision if ever there was one.

Requiring a lot of lateral thinking to get an answer to that one. There's surely no urgency to play the replay?

SPL etc come in next round with the draw this coming week. Imagine we draw one of the uglies? Our boys will be really up for it after the support they are getting on here.

My tuppence for what it's worth:

When McNamara & Donnelly got the post I felt it was Britton & Whyte all over again. McNamara may or may not become a very good manger in time but you look at most of the young or inexperienced managers around today and they have experienced coaching folk around them.

Pressley with Alex Smith, Jim McIntyre with Gerry McCabe, McIness with Tony Docherty, Adams with Balmer etc

McNamara sits in the dugout most Saturdays and very rarely comes out to the side of the park to tweak things or change things through the game. He genuinely looks out of his depth when plan A not working. As has been mentioned previously on this thread the stock sub seems to be striker for striker!

As for his assistant... Well, he's been about the club for many years but has contributed very little on the park and now looks to be continuing that trend of the park. What is his role?

Even before today and without sounding like a prophet of doom (taking out home game vs Morton 2nd half performance & Falkirk home game recently) can anyone genuinely think of a performance this season? Too often it's ended in a damp squib.

I fear for us tis season, I genuinely do.