Jackie

ian_mac

Question:

Why do people assume that Jackie is all "pally" with the players? Just because he doesn't shout abuse at them in public doesn't mean he's somehow not being anything other than forthright behind closed doors. The impression I got from the reports around pre-season training was that actually, he was a quiet disciplinarian.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

Why do people assume that Jackie is all "pally" with the players? Just because he doesn't shout abuse at them in public doesn't mean he's somehow not being anything other than forthright behind closed doors. The impression I got from the reports around pre-season training was that actually, he was a quiet disciplinarian.

CORRECT, Gave them a right bollocking after the match, and who can blame him.

The Scottish Cup is the Scottish Cup. Shocks happen, big teams get papped out and underdogs have their day.

Sadly, we were on the end of a shock today. I can accept that things like this can happen but it was the level of performance today that was so disappointing and just really embarrassing.

Words can't describe how pish we were today. A full time team. Train five times a week, work on movement, set pieces etc.

Culter were so comfortable it was frightening. Thank **** we're not playing Ayr next week because they would win and we would be dragged down to the bottom end of the league.

As early as this is, I think this will make or break McNamara. We need to see a big, big reaction and good set of results starting next week.

Edited by northernsoul

Folk who think the Berwick result was worse than today obviously don't know much about Culter's status in junior football.

Correct. In yesterdays Mail it stated Culters normal gate reaches double figures....yes, they rarely get 100 people coming to watch them!! Thats the level of JUNIOR football they are at yet in todays Sunday Mail, McNamara is quoted as saying "we were lucky" I am not quite sure what part of, this is the worst result in our clubs history, people dont get!!

Edited by Lindau

Correct. In yesterdays Mail it stated Culters normal gate reaches double figures....yes, they rarely get 100 people coming to watch them!! Thats the level of JUNIOR football they are at yet in todays Sunday Mail, McNamara is quoted as saying "we were lucky" I am not quite sure what part of, this is the worst result in our clubs history, people dont get!!

In the same article he's qwuoted as talking about next week saying:

"We need to be mentally strong and professional in the replay."

Should the manager not have assured his players were this yesterday?

SPL etc come in next round with the draw this coming week. Imagine we draw one of the uglies? Our boys will be really up for it after the support they are getting on here.

I read somewhere that competition rules permit one weekend attempt at a replay in rounds 1-3. I think it makes sense when there are regional junior teams taking part, as a midweek jaunt to central Scotland would be pretty tough on them.

Why was there only one Thistle director there yesterday? I only saw Ronnie Gilfillan (unless I was mistaken).

Shocking that they cant be bothered to see how bad the team they are in charge of play every other week.

Not just yesterdays game, most away games you are lucky to see more than one or two. A bit of disrespect to other teams in my opinion.

Seems that away games are too much of an inconvenience for them to attend to.

The impression I got from the reports around pre-season training was that actually, he was a quiet disciplinarian.

No, no. Good management is having a haemo on the touchline every six or seven minutes, waving your arms around and behaving like the football coaches from Chewin' The Fat. B) (Mind you, good management would also include not looking like you wish you were somewhere else, too.)

A further thought. Is Jackie committed 100% to a career in football management? Perhaps he'd rather be a sitcom writer. It's clear that he has been distracted from his job at Firhill from the start- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15700423.stm

Gilhooley... explained that he first met McNamara in a superstore car park. "I think it was the next day or that afternoon and he said, 'Fran, I can come up now'... "It is hard to be believe that we have went from that and, within 12 months, we're here and the pilot's finished."

Did he tell the Directors when he was interviewed?

A further thought. Is Jackie committed 100% to a career in football management? Perhaps he'd rather be a sitcom writer. It's clear that he has been distracted from his job at Firhill from the start- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15700423.stm

Gilhooley... explained that he first met McNamara in a superstore car park. "I think it was the next day or that afternoon and he said, 'Fran, I can come up now'... "It is hard to be believe that we have went from that and, within 12 months, we're here and the pilot's finished."

Did he tell the Directors when he was interviewed?

It was only a matter of time before that, and the players tweetes were brought up. The Treatment Room was written prior to Jackie taking on the job, if I remember correctly. He may have something to do with the development of his script, but it won't be huge amounts. I don't think that should be used as a stick to beat him with.

It was only a matter of time before that, and the players tweetes were brought up. The Treatment Room was written prior to Jackie taking on the job, if I remember correctly. He may have something to do with the development of his script, but it won't be huge amounts. I don't think that should be used as a stick to beat him with.

...but the players having lives outside football that involve going to Nandos and playing Adventure Golf at Braehead and tweeting about it, is just beyond the pale, obviously. *insert irony emoticon here*

I yearn for the good old days when you could rely on your young players to finish training and head straight for the pub, the bookies and the snooker hall.

...but the players having lives outside football that involve going to Nandos and playing Adventure Golf at Braehead and tweeting about it, is just beyond the pale, obviously. *insert irony emoticon here*

I yearn for the good old days when you could rely on your young players to finish training and head straight for the pub, the bookies and the snooker hall.

:lol:

Ah I love it. People happy with McNamara and the mob who spend more time on Twitter and Facebook that actually training or preparing for games. Whats your solution "back the team"? I done that in the form of the money I spent today to watch us draw with a pub team.

You seem to be forgetting we are getting our players from pub teams - as you would call it - Erskine, Doolan and a few players not old enough to play in a pub team!

The difference being that they didn't tweet about it. But you knew that.

It seems according to the Sunday mail jackie doesn't give a **** he appears to just be stating "we're still in the cup". which is good but why on earth has he not admitted that the performance wasn't good enough. Aye jackie those fans that went up to culter were thinking that as they made the 3 hour trip home.

It seems according to the Sunday mail jackie doesn't give a **** he appears to just be stating "we're still in the cup". which is good but why on earth has he not admitted that the performance wasn't good enough. Aye jackie those fans that went up to culter were thinking that as they made the 3 hour trip home.

you read the sunday mail :blink: thats worse and that you belive it