Cup Replay

Jago1953

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there with very high expectations.

Haven't decided whether to boo the team ON to the park for putting us through a replay against a pub team. Then again, I don't want to offend poor wee Kyle Hutton :lol:

Grant I get people are angry over Saturday. We all are and we all hurt over it. I'm sure over the last few days we've all taking a slagging from friends, work mates etc over it.

I'm certainly not going to defend the players over the result but I fail to see what benefit it serves to Boo the team onto the park. May be for those few seconds you will feel better but it will only get on the backs of some supporters and do nothing but generate of poisonous atmosphere. It will not take long for the atmosphere at the game to turn against the players if they are not playing well .....why get the atmosphere against them even before a ball is kicked.

Grant I get people are angry over Saturday. We all are and we all hurt over it. I'm sure over the last few days we've all taking a slagging from friends, work mates etc over it.

I'm certainly not going to defend the players over the result but I fail to see what benefit it serves to Boo the team onto the park. May be for those few seconds you will feel better but it will only get on the backs of some supporters and do nothing but generate of poisonous atmosphere. It will not take long for the atmosphere at the game to turn against the players if they are not playing well .....why get the atmosphere against them even before a ball is kicked.

Think you've been whooshed there Lenny :thumbsup2:

I've been following Thistle for about 35 years now and i've never really had the expectation that some of you have on here. I'm just happy that they still exist.

Alot of negativity on this forum.

Not too keen on adding fuel to the fire here, Main Stand, but if no real expectations and "I'm just happy that they still exist" is what passes for the opposite of negativity around here, maybe that explains a lot about where we perpetually find ourselves.

The fact that the first utterance of an apology to the fans hasn't came until today's Evening Times is equally as disgraceful as the performance. I'll put this whole Culter affair to bed and move on following Saturday's replay but my opinion of Jackie and Simon "Teller" Donnelly has dropped several notches after this debacle.

Thought 1

Let's be clear about this, Saturday was a banana skin the likes of which every team (no matter how big they think that they are - yes I'm talking about those demented souls who follow C*****c V Clyde at Boredwood a few seasons ago) has nightmares about.

Thought 2

This approaching Saturday is nothing much better than a no win situation*. Give them a doing and it will be claimed that the plucky Culter did their best forcing a replay with the big bullies/shots called Thistle. Anything else just makes for worse headlines. Logically this is like going to the dentists;** this is something that needs to be done and then get on with what passes for real life.

Thought 3

* Yes I do realise that it might be more appropriate to call it a please God "no lose" situation. But that would be tempting fate.

Thought 4

** This is called a semi-colon. You don't see many of these. It's usually attached to your demi-large intestine.

Thought 5

Happy Thanksgiving! The winter fest starts here.

And finally

Eternally the optimist, I booked our Easter break two Saturdays ago. Flying with Thomas Cook. Hmm, May actually save some turkey wings from that Thanksgiving Turkey methinks :P

In short to you all, lighten up FGS

This is the maximum that SFL football is worth. The product on the park simply isn't worth anymore than £10 and until the clubs realise that attendances will continue to slide.

I can't disagree with that. But when we're offering a cheaper ticket than Culter did against us, much cheaper than the norm at our level. For fans who regularly pay £17 to complain about £10 seems odd to me, even if this does seem truer to the real value.

I can't disagree with that. But when we're offering a cheaper ticket than Culter did against us, much cheaper than the norm at our level. For fans who regularly pay £17 to complain about £10 seems odd to me, even if this does seem truer to the real value.

Agree with you there. The price for me isn't the problem.

Thought 1

Let's be clear about this, Saturday was a banana skin the likes of which every team (no matter how big they think that they are - yes I'm talking about those demented souls who follow C*****c V Clyde at Boredwood a few seasons ago) has nightmares about.

Thought 2

This approaching Saturday is nothing much better than a no win situation*. Give them a doing and it will be claimed that the plucky Culter did their best forcing a replay with the big bullies/shots called Thistle. Anything else just makes for worse headlines. Logically this is like going to the dentists;** this is something that needs to be done and then get on with what passes for real life.

Thought 3

* Yes I do realise that it might be more appropriate to call it a please God "no lose" situation. But that would be tempting fate.

Thought 4

** This is called a semi-colon. You don't see many of these. It's usually attached to your demi-large intestine.

Thought 5

Happy Thanksgiving! The winter fest starts here.

And finally

Eternally the optimist, I booked our Easter break two Saturdays ago. Flying with Thomas Cook. Hmm, May actually save some turkey wings from that Thanksgiving Turkey methinks :P

Welcome back, MMCF !

Well worth waiting an extra couple of days for.

Thought 1

Thought 2

Thought 3

Another voice of reason.

Where have you been lately?