Iain Flannigan Leaves...

elevenone

Good news. His style of play and lack of dig and lack of defensive awareness in midfield hinders him in this league. I didn't like him.

If we were to get someone else in then I'd like to see an experienced midfielder come in, someone who does have dig and fighting qualities. If he was creative that would be a bonus but we need more presence in the midfield.

Or maybe no one will be coming in and this is a cost cutting excercise in response to our sponsorship with MacB coming to an end.

It does give Bannigan and MacBeth a better chance too.

Black mark against Jackie for this one, I know he's been injured but I think the majority view was he wasn't worth another deal anyway, so that's 6 months wages wasted here.

6 months wage wasted? Sounds like Flannigan wanted to leave so might not have had any pay-off.

Black mark against Jackie for this one, I know he's been injured but I think the majority view was he wasn't worth another deal anyway, so that's 6 months wages wasted here.

Jackie has a few black marks against him, BUT hes learning the trade for greater things in the future!! :innocent2:

Prepares to hide behind the sofa

I thought Flannigan was a decent player last season, don't know what happened to him this year as he has been poor in almost every game he's played. However, he was rarely played as a winger which IMO was his best position. Shame it didn't work out for him as he has undoubted skill.

6 months wage wasted? Sounds like Flannigan wanted to leave so might not have had any pay-off.

no, I meant...

He was six months into his deal...

this.

edited to add: I said in the summer I'd rather keep him than Hodge if we had to pick one but I'd preferred to have kept neither of them. Good set-piece taker but couldn't header or tackle at all, which coupled to a perceived lack of dig meant he was always going to struggle in a team that isn't always on the front foot.

Edited by Ancipital

• Members

Assuming the Lindsay loan is binding it seems surprising he's away before the deadline. It might suggest that the interest in Sinclair has only resulted in offers (if any) well below valuation..

Astonished to hear that non league Fleetwood Town have turned down bids of £1 Million for one of their players today!!! I'm almost certain that Thistle would snap up any bid over £60k for Aaron.

He was six months into his deal...

Sorry, had a bit of a brain fart there. I agree, but obviously Jackie thought Flannigan would offer something after his injury cleared up, and now there's been a change in thoughts. I'd look at it as a wage freed for the coming three months.

I quite like Flannigan. He is skilful and can pass pretty well (always useful qualities for a midfielder). I can only assume McNamara has been asked to try and trim the wage bill an Flannigan was het. If we get a couple of injuries in midfield, however, then I fear our resources will be stretched.

Personally, I would have released Stewart before Flannigan.