New Sponsor

jagscast

Not really that bothered about the logo but is much as I expected as it is the correct size and shape to be put over the macb logo on the shirts. At the end of the day as long as the Jags get the money I don't really care what the logo looks like. Well done to the club for getting another sponsor in so quickly. This would never have happened under the previous regime IMO.

Totally agree, when the club has lost the Warriors money and a shirt sponsor does it really matter if the new sponsor's logo is not the most exciting thing you have ever seen?

Welcome on board guys.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really that bothered about the logo but is much as I expected as it is the correct size and shape to be put over the macb logo on the shirts. At the end of the day as long as the Jags get the money I don't really care what the logo looks like. Well done to the club for getting another sponsor in so quickly. This would never have happened under the previous regime IMO.

Hear hear. Getting a sponsor was the most important thing - logo is a mere detail. Well done to the board for prompt action.

Would I be correct in saying then that we are likely to see a new home & away strip next season.regardless if the sponsor stays the same or not?

Hopefully! I hate our home top not made much better by new logo but a sponsor is cash so that is the main thing especially with the loss of warriors money!! Oh and if we do have 2 new tops can we not have some fan in the paper chasing bulls wearing it? I don't ask for much really!! :)

As atrocious as the shirts look right now, having any logo on the front for the remainder of the season is worlds better than having "This Space for Hire - Call David Beattie!" on the front.

Anyway, it's already too late in the season to redo the shirts and it's not even a certainty that Just Management Law will remain the sponsor for next season anyway. If they stick around, I'm sure the shirts will be suitably restyled for next season.

Who cares what the logo looks like as long as the jags get the cash.

Absolutely. Money is everything. Having your team play in a shi'ite strip doesn't matter.

Why don't we chase another few quid and sell our name. We could become Fauld's Pies Thistle. Who cares what we're called as long as we get a couple of grand?

Hey!!! We could also hawk our stadium name - we could be the team that plays at SMS Tyres & Exhausts Stadium of Light. Fabby.

Absolutely. Money is everything. Having your team play in a shi'ite strip doesn't matter.

Why don't we chase another few quid and sell our name. We could become Fauld's Pies Thistle. Who cares what we're called as long as we get a couple of grand?

Hey!!! We could also hawk our stadium name - we could be the team that plays at SMS Tyres & Exhausts Stadium of Light. Fabby.

Spot on

I agree with you to an extent, but in this case we needed to get a new sponsor sharp. Perhaps JEL could have spent a day or two longer putting their logo into more suitable colours though.

And in response to previous comments, I suspect this home top will be used next season, it's only half a year old. And from comments coming out of Firhill recently, JEL are likely to continue with their sponsorship. The away top will probably change in the summer though.

Gordon Bennett! We just lost a sponsor midway through the season, somehow managed to find a replacement company willing to actually give us money and sponsor us in the current economic climate, and now we're moaning about a temporary logo on the strip?

What were you expecting? Positivity? Relief? Congratulations? :sarcastic:

Gordon Bennett! We just lost a sponsor midway through the season, somehow managed to find a replacement company willing to actually give us money and sponsor us in the current economic climate, and now we're moaning about a temporary logo on the strip?

Don't you realise that this is the most important issue facing our club at the moment - never mind trying to find new income streams, potential transfer activity or the remaining fixtures it is all about what a logo looks like!

Don't you realise that this is the most important issue facing our club at the moment - never mind trying to find new income streams, potential transfer activity or the remaining fixtures it is all about what a logo looks like!

I know..... it *is* a bit naff though isn't it?

Who's doing P.R at Firhill now? Cos (and this isn't just criticism for the sake of it) dressing young players up in daft ill-fitting wigs and robes for the photoshoot is a weeeee bit *cringe* (just the opinion of an "off-message" customer, please don't go all dramatic on me)

Who's doing P.R at Firhill now? Cos (and this isn't just criticism for the sake of it) dressing young players up in daft ill-fitting wigs and robes for the photoshoot is a weeeee bit *cringe* (just the opinion of an "off-message" customer, please don't go all dramatic on me)

Personally the new logo doesn't make any difference to me in terms of how the strips look but I do agree about the photoshoot (lets call it a score draw).

Yes, it looks a bit shit, and yes, the photoshoot was cringe, but we got some money from an unlikely source which has dug us out of a bit of a hole so why complain.

If JEL are still sponsors next season I'd expect them to redesign their logo though. However right now I expect its so big and bold as to be able to be transferred across the MacBee logo saving the cost of buying new strips.

Now why need a new Mascot, how about Rumpole of Firhill :drink2:

Sinclair didn't look too pleased in the photo shoot did he ? I also don't think the logo looks very good on the strip but I'm pleased we sorted out a sponsor.

As for the strip, the current home top is for this season and next. We are changing our away top for next season. Greaves staff confirmed this to me around end of November last year.