That's Yer Rangers Fecked...

jagscast

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting point, rangers need to shed players to cut the wage bill dramatically, but as these players are valued assets this will de-value the company even more forcing liquidation as the debt out grosses the assets by more and more, vicious circle, but a funny one.

Ta-ta rangers

And the prize for not quite getting the gist of all this goes to Catherine McGrenera on Twitter: "Never mind accounts, I don't get Rangers' poor performance in games. Surely the better they play the more likely they r2b employed?"

:D

yes i had a good laugh at that

Is the St. Mirren statement not in response to speculation that someone could buy them (or another SPL club) and rename them Rangers 1690 FC or something. I would be very surprised if there is not a club called "Rangers" playing in blue and white in the SPL next season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kwality.

Is the St. Mirren statement not in response to speculation that someone could buy them (or another SPL club) and rename them Rangers 1690 FC or something. I would be very surprised if there is not a club called "Rangers" playing in blue and white in the SPL next season.

It's either that or Gilmour forewarning their fans that should a phoenix club arise that the Midden board will vote against their fans wishes.

It's either that or Gilmour forewarning their fans that should a phoenix club arise that the Midden board will vote against their fans wishes.

There is a lot of talk of a full boycott from fans if rangers go into liquidation and rangers 1690 (to quote Dick Dasterdly) get catapulted straight into the SPL, if any club gets back it MUST start from division 3 or from the south of scotland league or equivelent

There is a lot of talk of a full boycott from fans if rangers go into liquidation and rangers 1690 (to quote Dick Dasterdly) get catapulted straight into the SPL, if any club gets back it MUST start from division 3 or from the south of scotland league or equivelent

I'd hope that would be the case but don't see it happening.

One not so pleasant aspect of sticking Club 1690 into the third division would be the Gretna (and to lesser extent Livingston) syndrome. We know all too well from our experience, especially in the 2nd Div, of playing an entire season knowing from Day 1 who was going to win the league. Still I think most of us could put up with that for the sheer fun of seeing that lot suffer.

I'd hope that would be the case but don't see it happening.

One not so pleasant aspect of sticking Club 1690 into the third division would be the Gretna (and to lesser extent Livingston) syndrome. We know all too well from our experience, especially in the 2nd Div, of playing an entire season knowing from Day 1 who was going to win the league. Still I think most of us could put up with that for the sheer fun of seeing that lot suffer.

Unfortunatety that wouldn't be that muchdifferent from now, meaning you now from day one we aren't going to win it. However, it would be fun to see the currant buns play at a lower level than even Thistle have been in the worst of days.

as i understand it there is no facility in the rules for them to go from the SPL into the SFL and work their way back up.....livi went from SFL Div 1 to Div 3.....so any new reconstituted rangers would apply for direct entry back into the SPL and if refused could apply to the SFL or thats its folks!

the soap opera that is now taking place is fab if only the green ones would implode as well scottish football might end up somewhere reasonable.....!

I see aided and abeted by our wonderful truth seeking meejah, the delusional saga of Fanta Rangers 1690, or whatever their called goes on a pace.

All this verbage about Blue Knights riding to the rescue(presumably on a white horse!) seems to miss the obvious point that in the present situation a rescue deal is somewhat unlikely.

What is equally unlikely given the panic engulfing Park Gardens nothing short of Craig Whyte being named as the third man in the murder of JFK, is likely to see Rangers getting chucked out of the SPL.

I just wonder how the powers would be would react if it were a "wee" team who were in that position.

Its all so fecking predictably depressing and does make you wonder why the SFA don't just have a top flight of two.

What is equally unlikely given the panic engulfing Park Gardens nothing short of Craig Whyte being named as the third man in the murder of JFK, is likely to see Rangers getting chucked out of the SPL.

Its all so fecking predictably depressing and does make you wonder why the SFA don't just have a top flight of two.

The only thing that matters in Scottish football is money. Honour, justice, integrity, decency, pride, fairness, truth, etc, etc can all go fck themselves. Money is what matters.

The only thing that matters in Scottish football is money. Honour, justice, integrity, decency, pride, fairness, truth, etc, etc can all go fck themselves. Money is what matters.

Which is why the SPL would, if Rangers went into liquidation, float a 'successor' club straight into the 'top flight'.

There is business and there is whoring the fortunes of one's company. I have no doubt that when the non Old Firm SPL clubs should be looking at a broader picture all they'll see is a TV deal.

I would also expect any fly media companies to look at renegotiating any TV deal if a 'newco' is voted into the SPL.

It's like the fall of Rome. There you go, that'll horrify a few of the reformed breth'ren.

I see aided and abeted by our wonderful truth seeking meejah, the delusional saga of Fanta Rangers 1690, or whatever their called goes on a pace.

All this verbage about Blue Knights riding to the rescue(presumably on a white horse!) seems to miss the obvious point that in the present situation a rescue deal is somewhat unlikely.

I just wonder how the powers would be would react if it were a "wee" team who were in that position.

Whilst I agree that is the most likely outcome, I just wonder (and hope) what the UEFA reaction to that would be. Platini is keen on financial fair play, so would they take sactions against the SFA (even kick us out of UEFA) if that were to happen ?

Which is why the SPL would, if Rangers went into liquidation, float a 'successor' club straight into the 'top flight'.

There is business and there is whoring the fortunes of one's company. I have no doubt that when the non Old Firm SPL clubs should be looking at a broader picture all they'll see is a TV deal.

I would also expect any fly media companies to look at renegotiating any TV deal if a 'newco' is voted into the SPL.

It's like the fall of Rome. There you go, that'll horrify a few of the reformed breth'ren.

And yet if they removed their blinkers they might realize that the h u n demise could actually open up much better opportunities for them, of winning domestic titles, getting into Europe, and even in the longer run making more money than the crumbs that they currently have to scramble around the old firm's increasingly shoogly table for.

The old firm: as toxic as the soot on the testicles of a naked chimney sweep.

Edited by Jaggernaut

And yet if they removed their blinkers they might realize that the h u n demise could actually open up much better opportunities for them, of winning domestic titles, getting into Europe, and even in the longer run making more money than the crumbs that they currently have to scramble around the old firm's increasingly shoogly table for.

I feel that 'business' is ruining football. By that I don't mean the day-to-day, bread-and-butter (your stock phrase here) of the game. There's something akin to a cancer in the bones of the game. I'm in my 40s and it's only in the past 15 years we've heard about 'markets', 'product' and all that.

No thanks. Blood and snotters for me, every Saturday at 3pm. Try keeping a hold of what we have.

Anyway. Rangers? Meh!

When the administrators formally announce the liquidation of the club - which now seems the most likely outcome to all this - will flowers be appropriate, or would the hunnic hordes prefer to grieve privately in the privacy of their own pubs?

Just curious.

Edited by Blackpool Jags