That's Yer Rangers Fecked...

jagscast

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will get a 10 point deduction, go on about how Celtic didn't really win the league this year and then go back to normal. I don't want to think of anything else because it will just make me angry when sod all is done about them.

I suspect you may well be right.

I heard a former Rangers Director on the radio tonight commenting that in the negotiations with David Murray, Craig White's interest was almost entirely focussed on the Tax Case not on anything else to do with running the club. It's therefore reasonable to asume that White was not only expecting that Rangers would have to go into Administration but also that it's what he wanted to happen.

White has already apparently amassed a fortune by buying and selling companies in distress. Look out for him walking away with a huge wad of cash, selling the assets including Ibrox Stadium to Rangers(2012) Ltd and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs(that's us the taxpayer) getting 3p in the £.

Think Dundee FC but on a bigger scale...or Greece but on a smaller scale.

Oh and the sports minister Shona Robinson can GTF all this nonsense about Rangers being this that, loss of jobs etc, never heard you coming out when Dundee, Gretna or anyone else was in trouble

"Dundee has a long history in the city, and is part of the footballing tradition in Dundee, and I don't think any reasonable person wants to see the club go down. That's why I'm here."

I would just so love to see the Tims rolling up their troosers to join them for them for a wee paddle up shit creek way. The Itchy & Scratchy of Scottish fitba obliterated for once and for all. How good would that be?

Ok, one at a time will do.

If Rangers were to go tits up then one of the biggest losers would be Celtic. Players, particularly foreign ones, sign for Celtic for two main reasons: virtually guaranteed European football; and to play in OF matches (aye, I know the OF derby is a load of pish but rightly or wrongly they are seen to boost players' profiles). Take the second factor out of the equation though and Celtic simply wouldn't be able to attract players as they do currently.

Oh and the sports minister Shona Robinson can GTF all this nonsense about Rangers being this that, loss of jobs etc, never heard you coming out when Dundee, Gretna or anyone else was in trouble or any sports minister for that end

That was nice of her. I wonder if Ibrox will still reverberate to chants of "f*ck the SNP" after this. Actually, it probably will. They are as thick as mince, after all.

Never have I been more proud to be a jags fan. The amount of absolute pish coming from old firm fans today just beggars belief. 2 cheeks of the same arse - never has a turn of phrase been so appropriate.

I notice also that it's all coming from people who I know don't go to any games. The true fans, diehards, who go to games are actually pretty quiet and not getting involved. Speaks volumes

I would just so love to see the Tims rolling up their troosers to join them for them for a wee paddle up shit creek way. The Itchy & Scratchy of Scottish fitba obliterated for once and for all. How good would that be?

Ok, one at a time will do.

As appealing as that sounds I don't think there is now ANY chance of the tims going the same way. If the h*ns go into administration and Celtic play their cards right, they shouldn't have to break a sweat to win the league for the next 5 years. Remember that's the most important thing to them. They will use the plight of Rangers to highlight the fact that they are running their club (reasonably) well and are in no imminent danger.

They had a scare 18 years ago and some of them still remember that so, especially now when they won't have to do a lot to win the league, I can't see them overstretching themselves financially.

If the h*ns go completely out of business and cease to exist, they may try to get ambitious and compete with clubs in other countries, at that point they may find themselves f#cked, especially if they can't get out of the Scottish league. Here's hoping anyway.

Is there not a scenario in which Whyte ends up with the lot? It's reasonable to assume he has a secured loan to Rangers for 18 million, which is the bank debt he took over when he bought the club for a squid. That loan will be from some holding company or other. Since his loan is secured, he has first call on the assetts (the ground, the brand etc). Could he not change the ownership of the club to the said holding, and the name ever so subtlely, and then say that the tax question has nothing to do with the "new" Rangers? I read something akin to this on the BBC today, but the story seems to have gone. If this is indeed the case, then the law should be changed to stop people like Whyte pulling stunts like this.

saw the news clip last night....some thick H*n shouting out at Craig Whyte "you,ve sold us down the river Whyte"

hmmmm should maybe look at the last 20 years first...tadger

anyway this means absolutely fck all....they will still be the spl..it will still be 2 horse race..they will still be horrible old firm bassa's..

its total farce..they just signed cousin on £7500 a week an the next day they apply for administration???

FTOF