Time To Get Behind The Team

Auld Jag

I know that we cannot score at the moment,but i feel that in our last 2 home games we have been a bit unlucky.We have come up against a couple of keepers who have had very good games and we also hit the post in the last minute of the Dundee game.It is alarming to hear the amount of people on this forum who say they wont be back because we are playing pish.We are no world beaters but i do not think that we are rubbish either.We are going through a rough patch in front of goal just now.But i hope come Tuesday night that all changes.People not turning up at Firhill will only do harm and the product on the park will suffer.Some might think it cant get any worse but it can.I have been a Thistle fan for over 50years and only missed 4 first team games at Firhill since 68/69 season and that was due to going to Florida a few times.So i know what i am talking about i have seen a lot worse.Ihope the fans who are feeling so down about Thistle and not turning up at Firhill change there mind and come back because Thistle need everyone of us at Firhill.If we were to fold it wouldnt be first thing on the Scottish news for a week the way it is for that Govan mob.If we dont care nobody else will.

Edited by Auld Jag

I know that we cannot score at the moment,but i feel that in our last 2 home games we have been a bit unlucky.We have come up against a couple of keepers who have had very good games and we also hit the post in the last minute of the Dundee game.It is alarming to hear the amount of people on this forum who say they wont be back because we are playing pish.We are no world beaters but i do not think that we are rubbish either.We are going through a rough patch in front of goal just now.But i hope come Tuesday night that all changes.People not turning up at Firhill will only do harm and the product on the park will suffer.Some might think it cant get any worse but it can.I have been a Thistle fan for over 50years and only missed 4 first team games at Firhill since 68/69 season and that was due to going to Florida a few times.So i know what i am talking about i have seen a lot worse.Ihope the fans who are feeling so down about Thistle and not turning up at Firhill change there mind and come back because Thistle need everyone of us at Firhill.If we were to fold it wouldnt be first thing on the Scottish news for a week the way it is for that Govan mob.If we dont care nobady else will.

:thumbsup2:

If you don't start showing up at games then God will kill a kitten. Might as well throw that one into the melting pot as well, lads. :happy2: We're not good, we're not bad. I've been going to games for canteen years. If we don't care, who will. So it goes.

All the guilt trippery and whistling in the dark in the world won't make a blind bit of difference to those of us who are heart sick watching a team that won't play to its best.

Y'know something? It's 3pm, it's Saturday, where I want to be is watching Thistle. Firhill's been a lot better for atmosphere, the team's been better and so on, but do I want to be in B & Q or Ikea? No. Do I want to be in the pub watching the English Premier League and ostensibly supporting Arsenal, or Chelsea or other teams that I have no interest in their results? No. £260 is probably not value in terms of what goes on on the pitch, but I pay it because I'm a Thistle fan - have been, will continue to be. It's pretty sh*t at the moment, but anyone who didn't get up out their seat yesterday when the offside goal hit the back of the net....that's a feeling (when it counts) I like a lot. I'm not going to even go near the real fan/season ticket holder blah blah stuff, but until there is no Partick Thistle left, I'll turn up at Firhill. Partisan, short-sighted, bloody minded - fine by me. And I think there's a few of us out here who think the same way - it's not about the board, the team, the manager, the atmosphere or whatever excuse (because that's what it is) you use NOT to turn up, it's about being there on the Saturday, with your mates, bringing your kids (or some one elses!) along because maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's important that people see what football in 3D looks like, even if we can't score in (insert metaphor here) Yes, my money could be 'better' spent elsewhere, but I'd be more miserable and probably only marginally drunker and better fed. Where's the fun in that?

Earl of Hathaway you are a man after my own heart.Since my days at primary school 50+ years ago i couldn't wait for a Saturday so that I could

come to Firhill & cheer on the RednYellow.I have seen the great times & the not so good times but I will support the JAGS till my dying day no matter what.

If some of the supporters on a Saturday spent more time cheering & backing the team rather than dissecting Jackie's tactics etc perhaps the players might

respond to positive support rather than a lot of the negative stuff that some spew out for 90mins.

The Culter support at the replay said it all when they sang What a shitty home support!

Most weeks the away support get behind their team for the 90 mins while too many of the home support only want to find fault.

YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU.STAND UP FOR THE JAGS. :clapping:

Are you not preaching to the converted on here? I'd imagine most people except those who live outwith Glasgow have season tickets or go to the games.

This team doesn't inspire the crowd with their half arsed pish performances, it's no wonder the backing is terrible. We're the ones paying to be there, at least try and then you might get us singing again.

Yesterday's game had a few more exciting incidents than others but it was still dire.

Count me in for at least one game. I'll be visiting Glasgow and attending the Accies game 3rd March, which means it would be almost 5 years since my first Thistle game (also against Accies). I tried to make one a year or so ago, but it got canceled because of bad weather, a cup tie, and a referee's strike.

Even though the product on the pitch sounds like it won't be the greatest, I'm still really excited. I know this probably sounds bonkers, but I would much rather be able to watch Thistle all the time and complain about this-and-that than to not get to see them at all.

Count me in for at least one game. I'll be visiting Glasgow and attending the Accies game 3rd March, which means it would be almost 5 years since my first Thistle game (also against Accies). I tried to make one a year or so ago, but it got canceled because of bad weather, a cup tie, and a referee's strike.

Even though the product on the pitch sounds like it won't be the greatest, I'm still really excited. I know this probably sounds bonkers, but I would much rather be able to watch Thistle all the time and complain about this-and-that than to not get to see them at all.

Let's do a straight swap, you can have my flat and season ticket in Glasgow and I get your apartment and visa in the Windy City, deal?

Yes it is time to get behind our team and give them all our support :thumbsup2: , being a true supporter is all about the good and the bad, just look at the H*n fans at Castle Greyskull, i hate the negative so called Jags fans, okay we may not be playing great of lately, but you have to remember is that Scottish Fitba is crap! :thumbdown:

From a vocal perspective when push come to shove these rallying call posts never materialise.

It's the same boys and up at the back of section 1 and 2, who people look to for an atmosphere to start. The same faces who try their best but the majority of the time their attempts fall on deaf ears. People don't turn up anymore and it's a losing battle trying to keep a song going for a couple of minutes when the realisation sets in that no one else is contributing. There's never an influx of some unfamiliar faces, who maybe one game of the season decide to turn up at section 1 or 2 and start singing.

And before anyone starts, fans support the team in different ways and I'm not having a go at anyone who doesn't sing at games or has stopped.

It's a big game tomorrow, considering our circumstances and our worrying form. I don't expect their to be much of an atmosphere at all but anyone who wishes there to be one should start contributing and playing your part because the boys up the back of section one and two are just as fed up as everyone else.

From a vocal perspective when push come to shove these rallying call posts never materialise.

It's the same boys and up at the back of section 1 and 2, who people look to for an atmosphere to start. The same faces who try their best but the majority of the time their attempts fall on deaf ears. People don't turn up anymore and it's a losing battle trying to keep a song going for a couple of minutes when the realisation sets in that no one else is contributing. There's never an influx of some unfamiliar faces, who maybe one game of the season decide to turn up at section 1 or 2 and start singing.

And before anyone starts, fans support the team in different ways and I'm not having a go at anyone who doesn't sing at games or has stopped.

It's a big game tomorrow, considering our circumstances and our worrying form. I don't expect their to be much of an atmosphere at all but anyone who wishes there to be one should start contributing and playing your part because the boys up the back of section one and two are just as fed up as everyone else.

:clapping: Well said that man (or woman). As one who is part of that ever decreasing group, there's nothing worse when you're halfway through a song only to realise there's about 10 people singing. Looks like life circumstances mean I'm out for the season and Im a bit gutted about that...so kinda pisses me off to see some of the posts on here. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, but it sure don't feel like it :(

Edited by Steven H

Why should the same guys up the back continually start songs when it is perfectly obvious that the players are not as committed to the cause as we are.

From the last few games I've seen, the players quite simply couldn't care less whether they're getting vocal backing or not.

When I see the team on the park motivated and trying to win football matches, I back them every time. I have seen Thistle teams who have got less ability than the current crop, but give 100% to the cause, they get the backing they deserve.

It's a 2 way street here - we need to see significant improvement in the attitude of the players and management before we give any more vocal backing to the team. They are quite frankly letting the club down just now, and I do not say that lightly.

Why should the same guys up the back continually start songs when it is perfectly obvious that the players are not as committed to the cause as we are.

From the last few games I've seen, the players quite simply couldn't care less whether they're getting vocal backing or not.

When I see the team on the park motivated and trying to win football matches, I back them every time. I have seen Thistle teams who have got less ability than the current crop, but give 100% to the cause, they get the backing they deserve.

It's a 2 way street here - we need to see significant improvement in the attitude of the players and management before we give any more vocal backing to the team. They are quite frankly letting the club down just now, and I do not say that lightly.

Feeling better now?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. We beat a part-time football team. Indeed for the first 30 minutes, our full time goons were made to look quite silly.

The second half was better, Cairney is our best player by a country mile, he deserves a move up the way and should get it. It was good to get the 3 points, and it was good seeing guys like Sinclair play with a bit more confidence, but being very realistic, it would have been a travesty if we had lost to that mob, so its a 'job done' situation, nothing more.