Mates Rates

gettingjaggy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant, great to see us finally getting the message out early. For years we've seen big clubs advertising early bird season ticket deals and seeing us trying this mates rates thing is very positive. Having the option to pay in instalments is another big bonus.

On a side note, I'm also pleased to see the concession price now includes unemployed. As happy as I am to see that, most unemployed people will not be able to able to afford even that, and would pick a handful of games over the season, so I'm optimistic that we'll have an unemployed gate next season.

Makes a pleasant change, STs being available earlier. The mates rates offer and £25 hospitality add-on, is good initiatives.

Like twinny says, the widening of concessions, to include those unfortunately currently unemployed is pleasing to see, another recent sign the club is listening to, and thinking of the fans, and trying to reconnect and engage with them.

If one, teensy, "criticism", is i'd like to have seen the club offer an "early-bird" ST - buy before end of April, and get your ST margainally cheaper - say by £15 or £20. Coupled with the other "good positive feelgood factor" news this week, such an earlybird option would have seen imo, a substantial takeup this month (and not only from current ST holders), and would, imo, have resulted in an overall higher sales of STs by August. But as i said at start, its just a small critique, no biggy or slating the club.

Whoever came up with this needs a big round of applause from everyone. The first time I can remember the club being proactive about getting people to buy season tickets. Hell if i can get my m8 to take one this year we can save £26 each off the cost (splitting the 20% for the maths challenged :P). Very good deal.

Whoever came up with this needs a big round of applause from everyone. The first time I can remember the club being proactive about getting people to buy season tickets. Hell if i can get my m8 to take one this year we can save £26 each off the cost (splitting the 20% for the maths challenged :P). Very good deal.

With that saving.... trade up for hospitality. :thumbsup2:

This is another area that has been worked on by The One Thistle Team.

A great initiative. I remember the issue of season ticket renewals being brought up as early as 2002, great to see the one thistle guys flagging this up and acting on it right away.

It’s great that the club are promoting this early, however not 100% convinced about the mates rates idea. How many people are going to be able to convince somebody to buy a ticket? Will it not just be used by fans who would buy a ticket anyway to club together to share the discount?

On hospitality a scheme were you pay a set amount every month that then entitles you to hospitality of your choice would work well in my opinion.

It’s great that the club are promoting this early, however not 100% convinced about the mates rates idea. How many people are going to be able to convince somebody to buy a ticket? Will it not just be used by fans who would buy a ticket anyway to club together to share the discount?

On hospitality a scheme were you pay a set amount every month that then entitles you to hospitality of your choice would work well in my opinion.

I took it as an existing season ticket holder entices a new purchase (did not have a ST last season) then the offer applies. I may be wrong. Good idea by the club though.

So many positives in one week. This grumpy old man here is finding it impossible to find fault. This simply isn't good enough and must change NOW! Listening to customers?? Making extremely positive suggestions and putting these into action?? What is the world coming to? I just hope the catering remains dire and no-one cleans the bird keech off the seats and they demolish another stand or 2 otherwise I might turn into one of those dreadful happy Jags fans!

Guest fredthecheesecloth

More importantly Alan, you haven't picked your team for Saturday yet!!

This is another area that has been worked on by The One Thistle Team.

A great initiative. I remember the issue of season ticket renewals being brought up as early as 2002, great to see the one thistle guys flagging this up and acting on it right away.

But specifically Maxi... From what i can tell, this is his baby and has been working his socks off on something that would appeal across the board.

Either way.... it's another piece of great work under the Partick Thistle Banner, at this rate i might start wearing a jags top in public!

So many positives in one week. This grumpy old man here is finding it impossible to find fault. This simply isn't good enough and must change NOW! Listening to customers?? Making extremely positive suggestions and putting these into action?? What is the world coming to? I just hope the catering remains dire and no-one cleans the bird keech off the seats and they demolish another stand or 2 otherwise I might turn into one of those dreadful happy Jags fans!

:lol:

I took it as an existing season ticket holder entices a new purchase (did not have a ST last season) then the offer applies. I may be wrong. Good idea by the club though.

That's how I read it. Though I don't imagine you need to be a current ST holder to introduce a friend to make a new purchase.

come to the dark side.......we have cookies!!!

:evil:

Good to see the sales of tickets out early and some very good prices.

I've struggled to make as many games as I wanted to this season , what with my daughter now living in Liverpool. I'll have a chat with Mrs L over weekend and see if we can afford to renew for coming season.

Surely you mean see if you can afford not to renew....! :thumbsup2: