Ronnie Mcdonanld

aberdeens jag

I must confess that I don't know anything about anything regarding this guy.

But if he's been involved with Hamilton Accies over the last few years,....

look at Hamilton Accies' achievements in Scottish football over the last few years and compare them with ours,

then ask whose boardroom members have been the more successful......

Would love to see him at Firhill. Can't see how he would fit into the current structure though.

Important to bear in mind that, for example Beattie is acting chairman right now. At an open meeting he stated that he regards himself as a "custodian" of PTFC at this moment in time. He also said he doesn't want to be the full time chairman of PTFC.

Whether this rumour has substance or not, I can't see why someone new and actively showing an interest in contributing to PTFC at boardroom level would be ignored, when right now Beattie and Allan are in charge of the Club temporarily.

If someone like McDonald came in, the offer, terms and guarantees would have to be right for the club and I believe Beattie and Allan would make sure that the offer is genuine and poses no threat to the club. If Beattie and Allan were presented with such an offer I can see them relinquishing the day to day running of the club and going back to focus on their own businesses.

Would love to see him at Firhill. Can't see how he would fit into the current structure though.

The only thing I can think of is his history of providing employment outside of football for his club's players. I don't know of his ability to still provide that facility or indeed whether that would be of any interest.

That's a good point, I forgot about that.

I would like to see him at Thistle as he has proved with Hamilton that he is willing to invest significant sums of money in both the running of the club and towards the playing side of things without "doing a Dundee". He also brought in additional revenue for the Accies by letting out office space in the ground to South Lanarkshire Council, not to mention the income from the sale of their home grown players.

Time will tell if this comes to anything.

Does anyone have any knowledge on why he didn't join us in the late 90's? I have heard some people say we turned him away, but on the flipside I'm sure I read somewhere where he is quoted saying "Maryhill Juniors where the best side in Maryhill at that time", so not sure if he just thought we weren't worth investing in as we were in a crisis state.

Would like to see him at Firhill. Spoken to a few Accies fan and they hold him in high regard, which is understandable considering what he has done with the club. The Clyde fans would be wound up even more as well.