Where Do We Go From Here?

uberteeb

Tell me what my agenda is. I'd love to know. :D

The people who run the club will run it as they see fit, that's up to them. The right and wrong will come when we see the fruits or otherwise of their labours.

I'm concerned that we (fans) are being led by the nose into something deeply unpleasant, marching to the tune of 'at least the club is turning a profit'. I'm also concerned that the people who are running our club know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I'm concerned that there is no move to restore the club to its health as a business independent of the companies run by its directors. If such a plan exists, then all well and good. Let's hear it. If not, how about an explanation as to why we cannot be looking two, three years down the line to where the club is employing people other than footballers again.

Since I recieved a mention McK I will throw in my tuppence worth -

1.Propco was already well underway before I approached Billy Allan -Mr Beattie was the Propco Man if memory serves.

2 Four sitting Directors- David Beattie ,Tom Hughes ,Eddie Prentice and Billy Allan invested in Propco.This meant Propco Directors were in the majority long before any boardroom changes.

3.Over a two Season Period we had cashflow shortages circa £200K each time half way through the Season -we survived by not paying HMRC first time and Suppliers second time.The threat to PTFC was not Propco but inability tio forecast and manage a budget as stated by Billy Allan on the jagsforum Blog.

4.The judgement of the current Directors is based on A)our sustanabilty as a Club -well no cashflow crisis to date B)Our performance on the park -very similiar to Mcall but with a vastly reduced budget.

These are facts no matter how many conspiracy theories you may have the facts are the facts.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we're being run in a sustainable manner, or because we're racking up debt with directors and/or their companies?

As far as Im aware we are paying all suppliers on an ongoing basis our debt is not growing -we have a residual debt in our accounts to Europa which is a consequence of the cashflow crisis two seasons ago ie we only survived by not paying our suppliers -previously it had been HMRC going unpaid.If Europa had not agreed to delay payment and brought in a £50K sponser we would have gone bust,that was confirmed at the Meet the Board night,I asked the direct question.

All of this info is in the public domain.

So the sustainable business is largely via a combination of a reduced Football Budget ,prudent financial management ,tight financial controls and to an extent the goodwill of Europa and others, providing free services to keep the Club running.

Most small Football Clubs depend on goodwill to keep them afloat - we are no different.

Its no secret that the loss of the Warriors is a large dent in our budget -obviously various teams are working on trying to fill the gap including onethistle.

As far as Im aware we are paying all suppliers on an ongoing basis our debt is not growing -we have a residual debt in our accounts to Europa which is a consequence of the cashflow crisis two seasons ago ie we only survived by not paying our suppliers -previously it had been HMRC going unpaid.If Europa had not agreed to delay payment and brought in a £50K sponser we would have gone bust,that was confirmed at the Meet the Board night,I asked the direct question.

All of this info is in the public domain.

So the sustainable business is largely via a combination of a reduced Football Budget ,prudent financial management ,tight financial controls and to an extent the goodwill of Europa and others, providing free services to keep the Club running.

Most small Football Clubs depend on goodwill to keep them afloat - we are no different.

Its no secret that the loss of the Warriors is a large dent in our budget -obviously various teams are working on trying to fill the gap including onethistle.

Always good for you to put everything back in perspective, 1 question though are we reducing the debt to Europa or is it classed as a soft debt that really doesnt need to get paid back in any real timeframe with no chance of them calling it in

Always good for you to put everything back in perspective, 1 question though are we reducing the debt to Europa or is it classed as a soft debt that really doesnt need to get paid back in any real timeframe with no chance of them calling it in

The intention is to pay it back (slowly) -we should be a sustainable Club that pays its debts not dependant on soft loans or otherwise , and for the last two Seasons we have achieved this -its simply very difficult in the current climate to cover the overheads plus pay long term debt.

Are PTFC being propped up by Europa in much the same way Morton are by Dougie Rae's Golden Casket?

No we have a long term debt relating to the cashflow crisis from two Seasons ago ,Europa and others use there resources and contacts to help support the running of the Club -this is pretty much the norm in small Clubs -it is however different from borrowing cash as there is no laibilty to the Club.

• 11 months later...
We'll release a few players in the summer. Cairney will go, Paton will stay, McNamara will stay. Archibald will continue to get a game. We'll sign a few mediocre lower league/junior players. We'll have a poor pre season, an average start to the campaign, pick up a bit mid season then it'll all fizzle out due to to many draws. Thread over, see you all this time next season for 2013/2014 predictions.

:rolleyes: