Just In From The Family Fun Day

Jeezo, you've got to feel sorry for Charlie kirkwood, Stuart Thomas and everyone involved in organising and running the day. Last year, poor weather but improved to the end of the day. This year, even colder, even wetter, even windier!

But total respect to them and an immense amount of thanks to all the entertainers, players and staff and teams who turned out to make it a really good day out - bouncy castle in the Aitken suite, fergus telling stories for the kids in the entrance space, a seat in the main stand to watch the football being played - we were there as a family from 11 until the end and it was a really good day out.

Thank you for a great Sunday and it WILL be better weather next year.....because I really need to get out on that pitch.......

Great day out, my won team won the cup so I'm delighted. Even if that didn't happen it wouldn't have affected the enjoyment in the day. There was a really good atmosphere around the place throughout the day. The programmes and strips, all well organised and so did the food and everything else. I managed to find some programmes for games I attended when I was a youngster, so it was nice to get a hold of those.

Big thanks again to Charlie, Dave, Stuart and everyone else involved in making the event happen.

Fantastic day. Got to say Jackie, Sid, Maxi, & Hinchy were first class. Great chats with them, as well as Paul Paton. Some say we are short of leaders. Trust me , we have one in Paton. He has a real desire to see team do well next season. Fact he turned down better offers from Dundee and others and basically told his agent to forget about getting him a move as he was staying with us, shows his desire to do well with us. He's a great lad.

Was a real feel good factor in Firhill today. The cheers when a couple of the younger lads scored was great. As was the cheer for the youngest member of We Are Thistle, when he lifted the cup.

Everyone had smiles on their faces and despite the cold, it was a joy to be part of it.

Hope next year we get a sunny hot day, I think we've earned it.

Was asked to help out the Jags trust team as their keeper couldn't make it. Was happy to do so but my wife n son missed my first game and my "double save". Still we've ordered the dvd so Dylan can watch that moment, again and again and again !!!

PROUD TO BE A JAG.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Was along for a few hours today, fantastic event.

Picked up a programme from my first match I attended which was a bonus. Good atmosphere about the place.

Well done to all the team who organised this. Brilliant.

Fantastic day. Got to say Jackie, Sid, Maxi, & Hinchy were first class. Great chats with them, as well as Paul Paton. Some say we are short of leaders. Trust me , we have one in Paton. He has a real desire to see team do well next season. Fact he turned down better offers from Dundee and others and basically told his agent to forget about getting him a move as he was staying with us, shows his desire to do well with us. He's a great lad.

Was a real feel good factor in Firhill today. The cheers when a couple of the younger lads scored was great. As was the cheer for the youngest member of We Are Thistle, when he lifted the cup.

Everyone had smiles on their faces and despite the cold, it was a joy to be part of it.

Hope next year we get a sunny hot day, I think we've earned it.

Was asked to help out the Jags trust team as their keeper couldn't make it. Was happy to do so but my wife n son missed my first game and my "double save". Still we've ordered the dvd so Dylan can watch that moment, again and again and again !!!

PROUD TO BE A JAG.

Didn't make the connection at the time, Lenny, but you were in my team! The double save was magnificent,

The only team not to have conceded a goal, but still didn't make the final.

Brilliant day yesterday, just to add to the sentiments that have already been made. I'll definitely be sticking my name down for next year.

Was along for a few hours today, fantastic event.

Picked up a programme from my first match I attended which was a bonus. Good atmosphere about the place.

Well done to all the team who organised this. Brilliant.

I also managed to pick up a programme for the first game my laddie attended.

Ditto re the event :thumbsup2:

Had a fabulous day and brought along a wee crowd of kids in the form of my Brownies. Everyone was brilliant with them - Paton came and posed for a photo and Jackie did a Q&A interview for one of their Sports badges. They had a go at beat the goalie, got a wee run about on the pitch just before the final, and are all keen to come to a proper game with their parents now.

Thanks Charlie, Stuart and Davy for organising a great day!

Legs are sooo sore today, all for about a collective 6 touches of the ball in the 3 games :lol: . Hadn't played 11 aside football for a couple of years and had actually thought I never would again, after yesterday it's safe to say I should have remained in retirement. However, a few good memories from yesterday...including being on the same pitch as Jaggy and Sid (and telling Sid, when informed he was to be in my team for a game, he was playing in goals ;) ).

Great day, great fun and seems like last years total of £6000 will be eclipsed when photies and dvds are sold. Well done to all who took part (especially the wee guys) and a huge well done to those who organised it.

So, anyone wana buy a pair of total 90s fitba boots, size 6, 5 years old (worn 3 times, kicked a ball about 15 times)...free pair of shinnies thrown in. All offers will be considered :)

Edited to add: Special mention for Ian Maxwell who referee'd every game bar 2/3 and was like a droont rat by the end of the final :thumbsup:

Edited by Steven H

Legs are sooo sore today, all for about a collective 6 touches of the ball in the 3 games :lol: . Hadn't played 11 aside football for a couple of years and had actually thought I never would again, after yesterday it's safe to say I should have remained in retirement. However, a few good memories from yesterday...including being on the same pitch as Jaggy and Sid (and telling Sid, when informed he was to be in my team for a game, he was playing in goals ;) ).

Great day, great fun and seems like last years total of £6000 will be eclipsed when photies and dvds are sold. Well done to all who took part (especially the wee guys) and a huge well done to those who organised it.

So, anyone wana buy a pair of total 90s fitba boots, size 6, 5 years old (worn 3 times, kicked a ball about 15 times)...free pair of shinnies thrown in. All offers will be considered :)

Edited to add: Special mention for Ian Maxwell who referee'd every game bar 2/3 and was like a droont rat by the end of the final :thumbsup:

Size 6? You got wummin's feet or something?

Need to share a few highlights of the day. We'd droped in with our 8 year old and we were on the way to his birthday party and couldn't stay the entire day. However, Charlie arranged with the We Are Thistle Team to get him and his 6 year old friend a game. This was a brilliant gesture by Charlie and the team. Then when they ran on to the pitch ,the crowd gave them a round of applause ,which was another great touch.

Then during the second game, my son passed to the player who hit a 30 yard screamer in to the top corner. Now most people would have gone on a wild celebration after that (I know I would have) ,but he ran to my son and congratulated him on the pass. A truly magnificient gesture and summed up the day for me. The camaraderie and what it means to be a Jags fan. He felt about 10 feet tall after that and is claiming an assist.

Now all I need is advice on whether to tell him that if he'd stayed he'd have been holding the trophy or leave him in blissful ignorance.

Didn't make the connection at the time, Lenny, but you were in my team! The double save was magnificent,

The only team not to have conceded a goal, but still didn't make the final.

Brilliant day yesterday, just to add to the sentiments that have already been made. I'll definitely be sticking my name down for next year.

Thanks very much. I'd argue the lad should have buried it and i was very very lucky. Glad to help you guys out and we were very unlucky not to make the final.

A great day , lost in final 2 years running , at least I get my monies worth . Cheers Charlie for letting my boy play and score a goal , he was absolutely buzzing and was still going on about it tonight . Is telling everyone he now plays for 2 teams when I told him this team only plays once a year he said "I know" . A great day and the penalty kicks were a great idea .

I don't ever recall those. Any chance of a pic?

haven,t got a pic of it but it says partick thistle along the lengh of it with the old badge at either end scarf white and badges and writting red somebody else must have one had it in the drawer for years