Crank Up The Pressure

After reading all the reports today I really fear we are about to be shafted. I have supported thistle for 25 years and I WILL NOT return if the club either agree to this or sit on the fence.

I need our chairman to state what our stance is on this and I need it now as I am sick fed up with Scottish football. If our board don't think the last few days of worry from our fans deserves a clear answer NOW then I'm afraid I'm out ( if that makes me not a true jags fan then so be it)

I'll tell you who's cranking up the pressure - the same SPL chairman who were hailed for saying 'No to Newco' earlier this week. According to STV, they've threatened to set up a breakaway SPL2 should the SFL clubs vote to reject 'Rangers', excluding those who say no.

No ifs and buts about it. No beating about the bush. It's blackmail.

If that's true, Dark Passenger, that the SPL clubs are coercing the first division clubs to do this, then not only is it disgusting (and yet unsurprising), then you can see how much pressure that would put on our club.

What do we do? Vote against it and be forced out of a new SPL2, guaranteeing the death of our club, or vote for it and drive all the fans away, guaranteeing the death of our club? Who wants to bet that this vote will be conducted in secret?

Someone - us - should release a statement blowing the whistle on the SPL clubs and their hypocrisy, if such actions are true.

I'll tell you who's cranking up the pressure - the same SPL chairman who were hailed for saying 'No to Newco' earlier this week. According to STV, they've threatened to set up a breakaway SPL2 should the SFL clubs vote to reject 'Rangers', excluding those who say no.

I wish them good luck with that, if most clubs do the right thing and say NO to newco then they wont have enough teams for a mini league.

I so wish I hadn't purchased my season ticket already.

In the same boat, didn't think for a moment (Naive I know) that they could possibly go into sfl1. Don't know what to do, certainly wouldn't attend any games v rangers for starters. Maybe pointless going to the rest seeing as it is all fixed to let rangers waltz back in with just a wrist slap. New club, new application, start at bottom if they are even voted in.

Hope this is all just media spin but sounds like we're chasing another short term fix. Please don't vote for this farce mr beattie

I presumed you maybe were exaggerating but no I read it and I feel sick - we need to say no!! How hard is it to grow a set, stand up and say no!

For anyone who wants to read it:

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/108457-spl-threaten-breakaway-league-if-sfl-clubs-do-not-agree-to-rangers-plans/

In the same boat, didn't think for a moment (Naive I know) that they could possibly go into sfl1. Don't know what to do, certainly wouldn't attend any games v rangers for starters. Maybe pointless going to the rest seeing as it is all fixed to let rangers waltz back in with just a wrist slap. New club, new application, start at bottom if they are even voted in.

Hope this is all just media spin but sounds like we're chasing another short term fix. Please don't vote for this farce mr beattie

Get a refund. Save £260. Rangers in SFL1 - we may aswell take a year off - Rangers will be back in the spl in 13/14!! So angry!

Thankfully, there is not a single quote in that article. I can't find the author in there either, but the STV website did seem to get quite pally with Rangers (RIH) last season. There is no way this should be able to happen - there are rules regarding transfer of league membership. Sevco should be applying for a vacancy in the SFL, which will open up in SFL3. How is that not obvious to anyone in the media?

Thankfully, there is not a single quote in that article. I can't find the author in there either, but the STV website did seem to get quite pally with Rangers (RIH) last season. There is no way this should be able to happen - there are rules regarding transfer of league membership. Sevco should be applying for a vacancy in the SFL, which will open up in SFL3. How is that not obvious to anyone in the media?

Passed the article to a member of the Norwegian FA to pass it Uefa, he was shocked by that

Do I read this right..... If the SFL clubs say no then the gangsters in the SPL will just create an SPL2 with newco in it in time for this coming season?...

Yup and it will be made up with the teams that vote yes. Anyone voting no will be consigned to the backwaters of Scottish football. Well thats my reading anyway TBBH I would rather the club joined Clydebank in the junior leagues than have any part in this huge cover up!!

How is that not obvious to anyone in the media?

Not sure that this is the media's fault twinny. Full blame lies with the SPHell, it appears to be them issueing the ultimatum. What we need here is all the SFL clubs knocking this back and then SPHell 2 will consist of NEWCO and COWDENBEATH

Edited by Lindau

We have to come out with a statement saying we refuse to accept these proposals.

What would be even better if the statement was signed by loads of clubs at once instead of invdividual clubs making their own statement , say us Falikrk Raith and Morton put out a statement sayign we wont deal with an organisation that resorting to bribery corruption and bullying to get its way it would have a lot more effect IMO.

Cmon Thistle do the right thing and you will get every one of us backing you 100% no matter what happens eventually but we have to take a stand now.

We have to come out with a statement saying we refuse to accept these proposals.

What would be even better if the statement was signed by loads of clubs at once instead of invdividual clubs making their own statement , say us Falikrk Raith and Morton put out a statement sayign we wont deal with an organisation that resorting to bribery corruption and bullying to get its way it would have a lot more effect IMO.

Cmon Thistle do the right thing and you will get every one of us backing you 100% no matter what happens eventually but we have to take a stand now.

What this man says.

Totally agree. We are accepting bribery and corruption on a scale never seen before in Scottish football if the SPHell are allowed to get away with this