Silence Is Deafening

That's 7 SFL clubs publicly saying they will vote no then is it not (Falkirk, Raith Rovers, Dunfermline, Hamilton, Morton, Annan and Montrose)? Perfect timing, Thistle BOD do it now, be the 8th and ultimately the one which makes it a no-no for Newco in SFL1.

Edited to add: Bugger, we'd be the 9th if we done it now. Oh well, looks like it aint gona happen anyway.

Edited by Steven H

The fact Hamilton have said no makes Thistle look even more ridiculous. However I still feel the biggest problem may yet to still to appear, namely SPL2.

There must be a specific reason why a major cheerleader of SPL2 hasn't said no to Newco in SFL1 yet, don't you think?

The silence is deafening because the Thistle chairman has already said he wants Newco in Div 1.

If he now says no it will have been a embarrassing climbdown for him.

IMO anything said from now on will be done in private and not released to the media or the fans.

What he was doing talking to the Evening Times about it so long ago is beyond me.

What he was doing talking to the Evening Times about it so long ago is beyond me.

Sounding out the fans on the SPL's behalf is my guess. Which is why statements regarding conjecture and speculation and calling for patience while proposals are reviewed are so ridiculous. If we don't have anything to say now we shouldn't have opened our mouths in the first instance.

Massive PR gaff.

There must be a specific reason why a major cheerleader of SPL2 hasn't said no to Newco in SFL1 yet, don't you think?

I'm surprised Barry Hearn hasn't appeared on the scene by now.

At this moment in time a breakaway SPL 2 would consist of

sevco 1690

Partick Thistle RIP

Ferranti

Donald Findlay Select

Dumbarton One Stand

Clydebank Excelsior

QoS,

Arbroath,

Ayr,

Stenny

BBC Alba would turn down the chance to broadcast that lot.

Sounding out the fans on the SPL's behalf is my guess. Which is why statements regarding conjecture and speculation and calling for patience while proposals are reviewed are so ridiculous. If we don't have anything to say now we shouldn't have opened our mouths in the first instance.

Massive PR gaff.

If Thistle / Beattie are proven to be in collusion with the 'we will die without ra rangers' bullshitters and selfpreservationists, thats it, over for me, it is.

Beattie, Michelle and Jim - in this past week, a week where 95% of football supporters country and club wide have spoken with a clear voice - you 3 have done this once great club no favours with what has come out your mouths/keyboards this week ..... we are the alternative to the ugly sisters of our city, bigot, sectarian, colour, religion, cheat free - and yet you are seen to be doing their bidding and making overtones where sporting integrity and fairness do not matter ..... and application of the rules without fear or favour, are to be incinerated and ignored ..... and the overwhelming united opinions of nearly every football supporter of our club, and every other club in Scotland is ignored.

if this is the voice and stance of my club, then its not my club anymore.

Shame on you. Hang your heads in shame.

I'm surprised Barry Hearn hasn't appeared on the scene by now.

At this moment in time a breakaway SPL 2 would consist of

sevco 1690

Partick Thistle RIP

Ferranti

Donald Findlay Select

Dumbarton One Stand

Clydebank Excelsior

QoS,

Arbroath,

Ayr,

Stenny

BBC Alba would turn down the chance to broadcast that lot.

As someone who is getting quite into snooker again in my old age i resent this slagging off of barry hearn!!