Spl Vote No

Jagali

With all these agreements and arrangements going on, this must indicate that Sevco have satisfied the criteria for gaining membership to the SFA.

How did they manage that?

No, that's the SPL finally acknowledged that Zombie Rangers don't deserve to be admitted to the top tier. As a result they've accepted Dundee into the league. Rangers will still need SFA membership but you imagine that will be a formality as we need them.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that's the SPL finally acknowledged that Zombie Rangers don't deserve to be admitted to the top tier. As a result they've accepted Dundee into the league. Rangers will still need SFA membership but you imagine that will be a formality as we need them.

Don't bet on it. :evil:

Apparently SFA are playing hardball with Cheatco, and are insisting they accept the one year signing ban, meet all football debts of the Oldco, and commit to taking on any other penalties or sanctions that come Oldco's way if they are to have Oldco's registration transferred.

If they don't accept these conditions, Cheatco will have to apply for a new registration, which they likely won't get, as they won't meet the conditions of entry currently.

Hunswereus ..... the gift that keeps giving

:D:party2::party::party2::party::party2::party::D

Apparently SFA are playing hardball with Cheatco, and are insisting they accept the one year signing ban, meet all football debts of the Oldco, and commit to taking on any other penalties or sanctions that come Oldco's way if they are to have Oldco's registration transferred.

If they don't accept these conditions, Cheatco will have to apply for a new registration, which they likely won't get, as they won't meet the conditions of entry currently.

That's not as unfeasible as it would have been a week ago.

That would be another test for the SFL board (or whatever it is that runs the SFL). Rangers can't sell their games without permission from the league. Any TV deal should involve all of the cash being distributed among the clubs with NewRangers getting an equal share. If there's no deal without NewRangers, there's no deal without the rest of the clubs. Why take pennies (which is what it would be) to help one club romp through your league?

Disagree-the cost of the rights should be split 30 ways and the fee for each game should be split between the teams involved, given that its those teams who will lose by fans not attending.

That's the way it should be for a Thistle game on TV. It's the same for the h*ns.

Disagree-the cost of the rights should be split 30 ways and the fee for each game should be split between the teams involved, given that its those teams who will lose by fans not attending.

That's the way it should be for a Thistle game on TV. It's the same for the h*ns.

OK, I can see that. My main point was that they shouldn't be allowed to nab all the cash.

I wonder though if the Sky guy (ahem) really appreciates what they would be buying. Are there really going to be thousands of h^n fans wanting to watch 3rd division games on TV, even involving Newgers? They'll get nowhere even filling their own ground.

I suspect there are no serious intentions ongoing at the moment and this was just someone shooting off his mouth.

It could be all moot though. They may have difficulty fulfilling fixtures, never mind televising them.

Edited by Mr Bunny

OK, I can see that. My main point was that they shouldn't be allowed to nab all the cash.

I wonder though if the Sky guy (ahem) really appreciates what they would be buying. Are there really going to be thousands of h^n fans wanting to watch 3rd division games on TV, even involving Newgers? They'll get nowhere even filling their own ground.

I suspect there are no serious intentions ongoing at the moment and this was just someone shooting off his mouth.

It could be all moot though. They may have difficulty fulfilling fixtures, never mind televising them.

Looks like they might have difficulty starting their fixtures, let alone fulfilling them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18953180

Still no SFA membership, and so no licence to play matches either on a competitive or friendly basis. Uh oh.

I notice Green has subtlely shifted his threats of seeking compo from the recently departed, for "breach of contract", to those clubs receiving his former charges.

PS Sorry about the reversion to Sevco news when we all want to focus on the Jags, and rightly so; just couldn't help myself. :)

I know how you feel its almost as if the media have this instinctive need and desire to cover all things OF and particularly Rangers. Without of course applying even the barest hint of scrutiny, which of course would upset the sensitive followers of Mordor. The lack of credibility and transparency that's been so evident throughout this saga is unfortunately apparent in this latest episode. Once again the Dynamic Dou are fussing over the importance of Rangers in any TV deal. Last time I checked neither Doncaster or Reagan were employed by News International; maybe its time to remedy that situation.

Edited by stillresigned

I know how you feel its almost as if the media have this instictive need and desire to cover all things OF and particularly Rangers. Without of course applying even the barest hint of scrutiny, which of course would upset the sensitive followers of Mordor. The lack of credibility and transparency that's been so evident throughout this saga is unfortunately apparent in this latest episode. Once again the Dynamic Dou are fussing over the importance of Rangers in any TV deal. Last time I checked neither Doncaster or Reagan were employed by News International; maybe its time to remedy that situation.

One thing that has made me smile throughout this saga is that the monkey media who all these years helped maintain the influence of the blue parrot club did in the end help to bring them down. Any decent journalism over the last few years could have forced a situation where Rangers as was would have been forced into administration much earlier but in a situation where they might have come out at the end of it intact and in the SPL.

Their refusal to see the reality - and of course their encouraging of the bears to refuse to see reality - has contributed massively to the club they supported's downfall.

One thing that has made me smile throughout this saga is that the monkey media who all these years helped maintain the influence of the blue parrot club did in the end help to bring them down. Any decent journalism over the last few years could have forced a situation where Rangers as was would have been forced into administration much earlier but in a situation where they might have come out at the end of it intact and in the SPL.

Their refusal to see the reality - and of course their encouraging of the bears to refuse to see reality - has contributed massively to the club they supported's downfall.

Absolutely and utterly spot-on sir! :happy2:

Absolutely and utterly spot-on sir! :happy2:

I see they're all salivating at signing Black & Craig Beattie. Wouldn't have thought a 3rd Division club could afford them...

Is it just me or is this the start of administration part 2? Why would half decent players want to play for AT LEAST 3 years outwith the 'top flight' of Scottish football?

Must be about the money, which really begs the question, where is it coming from? Total joke. Again.

I see they're all salivating at signing Black & Craig Beattie. Wouldn't have thought a 3rd Division club could afford them...

Is it just me or is this the start of administration part 2? Why would half decent players want to play for AT LEAST 3 years outwith the 'top flight' of Scottish football?

Must be about the money, which really begs the question, where is it coming from? Total joke. Again.

i just dont get it & it shows a total lack of ambition if any or both of them sign, as there will be no europe & probably no chance of Scotland call-ups

Was thinking that myself from the other angle. I don't think Black in particular has been plagued with injuries and he was a surprise release from Hearts as it is. Surely, unless there's underlying personal problems, the guy could get fixed up in the lower SPL

Shades of Stevie Tosh methinks. Difference being Ugly Coupon managed to bail out well before the shit hit the fan (or maybe Gretna had more than one fan). No guarantees with sevco, so even if him and Beattie were on decent wages they could easily write off a month or so wages if/when administration calls again. And there's no obvious signs they'll have the same length of innings Mileson's Mercenaries enjoyed.

Was thinking that myself from the other angle. I don't think Black in particular has been plagued with injuries and he was a surprise release from Hearts as it is. Surely, unless there's underlying personal problems, the guy could get fixed up in the lower SPL

Shades of Stevie Tosh methinks. Difference being Ugly Coupon managed to bail out well before the shit hit the fan (or maybe Gretna had more than one fan). No guarantees with sevco, so even if him and Beattie were on decent wages they could easily write off a month or so wages if/when administration calls again. And there's no obvious signs they'll have the same length of innings Mileson's Mercenaries enjoyed.

Oh well, at the end of the day I don't care who they sign (unless they start stealing our players).

Not that I pay attention to the signings of Montrose, Queen's Park or Stranraer, so why would I care about Sevco Scotland?

Interesting paragraph in today's BBC Sports website;-

If the SPL is unable to include Rangers' rights in any media proposal, the SFL could lose out on their annual £2m settlement fee that was agreed in 1999 when the top clubs split from the league to form the top-flight.

However, before signing the transferrance of membership agreement with the SFA, the Ibrox club wants the SPL to drop its investigation into dual contracts.

The SPL wants an independent commission to rule on whether the previous club's administrators breached regulations with alleged undisclosed payments to players between 2001 and 2010, which could result in the club being stripped of the trophies won during that period.

On Saturday, Rangers newco manager Ally McCoist said he would "never accept" stripping the club of titles.

Edited by twinny
font size correction

Interesting paragraph in today's BBC Sports website;-

If the SPL is unable to include Rangers' rights in any media proposal, the SFL could lose out on their annual £2m settlement fee that was agreed in 1999 when the top clubs split from the league to form the top-flight.

However, before signing the transferrance of membership agreement with the SFA, the Ibrox club wants the SPL to drop its investigation into dual contracts.

The SPL wants an independent commission to rule on whether the previous club's administrators breached regulations with alleged undisclosed payments to players between 2001 and 2010, which could result in the club being stripped of the trophies won during that period.

On Saturday, Rangers newco manager Ally McCoist said he would "never accept" stripping the club of titles.

It's a joke. It really is. The SPL saying "If you don't give us a cut of your TV money which has nothing to do with us, we won't give you the tv money we're contractually obliged to give you." And Zombie Rangers who are in no position to be bargaining trying to twist the arms of the SPL and SFA into forgetting all about a decade of cheating but transfer the 'proud history'.

It's a joke. It really is. The SPL saying "If you don't give us a cut of your TV money which has nothing to do with us, we won't give you the tv money we're contractually obliged to give you." And Zombie Rangers who are in no position to be bargaining trying to twist the arms of the SPL and SFA into forgetting all about a decade of cheating but transfer the 'proud history'.

The SPL should be told to take a hike and sort out their own TV money. SFL Div. 3 has nothing whatsoever to do with the SPL.

Let's not forget the nastier aspect of this saga: http://www.thesun.co...-titles-KO.html

(Sorry it's the sun, if you don't want to give them any hits, here's the gist:

A FOOTIE official’s family received DEATH THREATS after it was revealed crisis-hit Rangers could be stripped of titles.

Cops are probing claims menacing calls were made to the family of an SFA worker at the weekend, as a storm erupted over tough sanctions facing the Ibrox newco.

Last night Detective Chief Superintendent, John Cuddihy, head of the Strathclyde force’s serious crime unit, said: “Police spoke to an SFA representative and inquiries are continuing.”

Tension among Rangers fans has risen after the club was hit with a raft of penalties for breaking footie rules. Gers boss Ally McCoist slammed the SFA, headed by Stewart Regan, after it forced his club to accept a one-year transfer ban.

And he warned SPL bosses he would QUIT if they took back honours won by Rangers.

Referring to the mystery phone threat, a source said last night: “We don’t know if it’s a prank or something more serious.”)

Remember when Sally was a "cheeky chappie" a fun guy on a TV sports quiz? Will the real Ally McC step forward?

Edited by Mr Bunny

And he warned SPL bosses he would QUIT if they took back honours won by Rangers.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHH..........raises handbag to mouth........

Big feckin WOW Sally........that'll send ripples through world football...........maybe we should alert Barca and Real Madrid you're available

OOOOOOOOOOOOHH..........raises handbag to mouth........

Big feckin WOW Sally........that'll send ripples through world football...........maybe we should alert Barca and Real Madrid you're available

Haha - why's he threatening the SPL that he might quit? In fact, why's he threatening anybody?

This is pure drivel - I see they're now rumoured to have offered Dean Shields £7k a WEEK! In the 3rd?

Someone should have a word with them to suggest it's not the smartest move to start paying silly money BEFORE they are granted a bleedin' membership! THIS is what p*ssed everybody off in the first place!

This and some of their hideous fans' delusion...

For some reason best known to themselves the SFA have managed to conflate the two entirely seperate issues of TV contracts and disciplinary proceedings.

On the first I believe that the SPL are simply chancing their arm and have no case, certainly morraly to profit from Rangers being put in their rightful place.

On the second point it goes against every principle of equity and fairness for a particular club to demand favourable treatment prior to joining that very body.

All in all its just another example of the miasma that is Scottish football.

What really hacks me off is that at a time when many of us are prepared to get on with the game, that age old arrogance surfaces yet again in Govan and I am frankly sick to fed up with anything to do with Rangers and just wish the whole club would die a quick, but painful death and leave the rest of us to enjoy our football.

McCoist threatens to quit if Rangers are stripped of titles they cheated to win.

That's a win-win situation isn't it? He has done a hell of a lot to make tensions in this whole saga worse. Most club managers tend to get on with things and work with administrators to seek a solution, he has done nothing but whinge and when it came to redundancies he washed his hands of the situation. He's an embarrassment to Scottish football these days, which is a shame as he used to be a brilliant character.

Even if they get to play in SFL3 this season, it will still mean Zombieco admin by October at latest, liquidation by Christmas.

They are totally unsustainable in their current form, outgoings and liabilities, and will not get anywhere near the 'massive' crowds the MSM laughably believe they will get in SFL3.

Why are the SFA/SFL/SPL continuing with this charade over Newcorpseco?

They should be told there will be No SFA membership this season, and end this sideshow now.

Even if they get to play in SFL3 this season, it will still mean Zombieco admin by October at latest, liquidation by Christmas.

They are totally unsustainable in their current form, outgoings and liabilities, and will not get anywhere near the 'massive' crowds the MSM laughably believe they will get in SFL3.

Why are the SFA/SFL/SPL continuing with this charade over Newcorpseco?

They should be told there will be No SFA membership this season, and end this sideshow now.

On the Twitter that they have the licence and they're celebrating 'no conditions' - but I think that works both ways which means the old EBT investigation may appear...

I've known him since college days when he was at St J. He was a knob then & always has been. I couldn't stand the 'cheek chappy' persona he gave to the media

McCoist threatens to quit if Rangers are stripped of titles they cheated to win.

which is a shame as he used to be a brilliant character.