Ally Says He And The Rfc Fans Are Up(Down Actually) For Sfl3

Shuggie

McCoist deserves much credit for his honesty.

"We had a meeting with our supporters last night and the vast majority of them - in the region of 75-80% - have said enough is enough, let's go to SFL3."

"Our good friends at Celtic across the city issued a statement that stated that integrity was of paramount importance to Scottish football and we totally agree with that, and I would imagine the vast majority of all SPL chairmen agree with that statement."

"but then we have the argument that is the financial aspect more important than the massive aspect of integrity and honesty of the Scottish game?

His later statements on his slim squad suggest that Newco could/would struggle even in the First Division.

Edited by kni

All they have to do is request to the SFL chairmen next week that their official position is a place in SFL3 and most problems will be solved.

Will Sevco actually grow a pair and make the request both formal and public?

"We have a transfer embargo hanging over us but how can I operate with a transfer embargo when I only have six players? It's impossible and it's just madness.

"I have in the region of six first team players at pre-season training right now, two of whom were regulars last season in the SPL.

"We need to bring in the region of 10, 12 or even 14 players. I reckon since January we have lost close to 21 players. We have to start rebuilding and to do that we'll have a better chance in SFL3."

And as others have pointed out following Regan's idiotic comments, how can the Appeals Tribunal even consider a more severe punishment than the embargo when the head of the organisation that called them together has effectively ruled out their available options?

Clearly there is a conspiracy going on, but it's a really dumb one, which at least gives some hope the wheels will come off their plans again. But who hasn't got a really sick feeling in their gut about this now?

I fully expect that Rangers if they play anywhere next year will be playing in Div 3 - I think we can stop fretting about it now, next week's vote will be a formality. i just hope that we haven't let the opportunity for radical league reconstruction slip - as a thistle fan we really need to be part of a league where we've got something to play for after our Scottish Cup exit.

Edited by daxington preamble

I fully expect that Rangers if they play anywhere next year will be playing in Div 3 - I think we can stop fretting about it now, next week's vote will be a formality. i just hope that we haven't let the opportunity for radical league reconstruction slip - as a thistle fan we really need to be part of a league where we've got something to play for after our Scottish Cup exit.

Dont know how you can say that with such confidence....

Fair play to McCoist. Div 3 it is then?

However, I think that we've underplayed our hand here. A couple of months ago, most of us thought that bombing the currant buns down to Div 3 would have been a splendid result - but we probably expected a stitch-up that would see them survive in the Premier. That's now gone and, until a few days ago, it looked like the stitch up would have them punted into the 1st.

Now, the 3rd does seem most likely, and they seem resigned to it. This is too easy! Don't let the filth get off too lightly: let's now start campaigning for:

• a ban from Scottish football at any level for 5 years;
  • reintroduction only at the bottom, and only then if they can put forward a better case than Spartans, Clydebank and the Thornwood Bar XI;
  • a subsequent 30 point penalty in each of the following 5 seasons if and when they are readmitted.
  • huge financial retributions for the next 20 years to each and every club they have cheated over the last two decades.

Shy bairn gets nae sweeties - we can but try!

Edited by Watson Towers

Now that the Third Division is looking increasingly likely, Doncaster et al. need to stop trying to scaremonger and threat the diddy clubs. The SPL is without Rangers, and it should be the job of those involved in Scottish football not to say where the money is missing now, but to find ways of addressing that. This story shows Doncaster backpedalling, telling us now that it probably won't be so bad that SPL clubs go out of business.

mccoist has said this for one reason only and that's to be able to say (when they are admitted to the 1st division) that they wanted to go to div3 to start again and so no-one can claim any favours towards them and they appear to have the moral high ground.

"well ali, you're in division 1 now, it clearly looks like rangers have had preferential treatment, what do you think?"

"we said we thought we should go to the 3rd div but others have put us in div 1 so we need to get on with it just like everyone else now"

if in the unlikely case of entry to div 3 they can say that it was them that called for it so they are in the right.

Edited by Julie Ann

So now the defunct h u n s want to dictate to everybody that they should go to Div. 3.

We can't let them away with that! They musn't get what they want.

We must now all ensure that newco goes into Div. 1 !!!

Err, wait a minute........ I'm confused.

The funny thing is. The 'Rangers' fans I know would view SFL 1 as a punishment as much as they would have viewed the SPL.

mccoist has said this for one reason only and that's to be able to say (when they are admitted to the 1st division) that they wanted to go to div3 to start again and so no-one can claim any favours towards them and they appear to have the moral high ground.

"well ali, you're in division 1 now, it clearly looks like rangers have had preferential treatment, what do you think?"

"we said we thought we should go to the 3rd div but others have put us in div 1 so we need to get on with it just like everyone else now"

if in the unlikely case of entry to div 3 they can say that it was them that called for it so they are in the right.

Beat me to it. His behaviour throughout this hs been disgraceful (threats etc) and he's also been prone to switching sides sometmes seeming to be on 2 sides at the same time. This is him just realising how bad Reagn has made things look. If the vote is against them he says, OK we laways said div 3 was right, if it goes for div 1 then he says we wanted div 3 but we'll take this it i'sn't our fault.

TBh take that option , keeps everyone moderately happy, if they have to get cash in then sell it to any TV channel as the recovery of ZombieRangers from the abyss of the SFL3.

Take next season get the league setup sorted out once and for all instead of this bullshit they are peddling just now.

McCoist would have some credibility if he had said div3 before the SPL voted against them......

25th April - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17829739

"McCoist also admitted that he was "leaning towards" accepting that the club's immediate future might rest in the Third Division, a possible scenario should Rangers emerge from administration in the form of a newco."

Edited by kni

This...

Beat me to it. His behaviour throughout this hs been disgraceful (threats etc) and he's also been prone to switching sides sometmes seeming to be on 2 sides at the same time. This is him just realising how bad Reagn has made things look. If the vote is against them he says, OK we laways said div 3 was right, if it goes for div 1 then he says we wanted div 3 but we'll take this it i'sn't our fault.

..and this.