Another Statement

There have been a number of calls and emails over the last 24 hours to the club, many of which I have received, requesting a more definitive statement regarding Friday's vote on the Sevco matter. To be clear, the board met a week last Friday and voted unanimously against the prospect of Sevco being granted immediate access to SFL 1 and that is the vote which was carried to the SFL meeting yesterday.

I'm glad the dust has settled on this chapter. Bit of a poor way of getting the word out with four very confusing prior statements and a national newspaper claiming we voted yes. They could have made everyone at ease by telling us of the outcome of last Friday's meeting.

I hope there isn't another twist to come with us waiting on SPL2, but its an improvement I guess...

Edited by MWM

I can now pick up my season ticket and get an extra ticket for that preseason tourney thingy.

As an aside. Took the bike out for a run today down to Bowling. Got caught in heavy shower that lasted all the way from Clydebank to Partick. Had only a T-shirt and shorts on.

But at least with that and the new statement I feel clean (though still a bit damp).

Yesssss! Now I can get that away top tomorrow!

One of the five "civilians" invited to the training session tomorrow is a very good mate of mine. Hope they have paramedics on standby..... I'm working but hope to get there before the ambulance whisks him away. And then Ayr on Monday night, when we can all talk about the SPL re-absorbing Newco. Or something....

One simple, clear statement was all it took....

Thank you Ian Maxwell.

Hopefully the Club will learn from this PR shambles. They could have made lives so much easier for themselves.

As long as there isn't a subsequent clear shafting with an SPL2 circumventing the overwhelming will of the fans in Scottish Football, I will be renewing my season ticket. I wasn't planning to before.