Sell Out Saturday - Falkirk (H) 11Th August

Tom Stronach

Some sort of poster is an excellent idea. We could really push this by advertising heavily around the city centre if possible, selling it as Glasgow's only game this weekend with the clear message of under 16's go free.We could even try things like putting posters up in Greaves advertising the game and make tickets available for purchase in the stores.I, along with a few others are quite happy to keep up the campaign on the social networking sites and through various forums. I posted on the Falkirk forum earlier and will be targeting a couple of Celtic forums when time allows. We could really use a few people who have experience in the marketing field or people who are in a position to create posters etc. This would help take the idea onto a higher level.

Great idea :thumbsup2:

Been trying to push this saturdays game as well on Celtic, Airdrie and Everton forum. Though dont think the Cetic forum I was on was one of the main ones

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my mates, who is a Celtic supporter, is coming to the Falkirk game. Also trying to persuade him to come at the weekend - he had no idea Celtic were participating which, if it can be said of more fans, is disappointing. Going to try to persuade a couple of old Uni friends who used to occasionally come to games to get involved too.

I see that Aberdeen for Change have produced this cracker of a poster.

https://twitter.com/...8/photo/1/large

Right, i've been quiet in work today so have the guts of a poster made up along the lines of the Aberdeen one - can anybody help with a decent image, and also with the text at the bottom? I'd suggest it was less 'show we can do without Rangers' and more 'show your support for your local team/scottish football' but if anyone can help with this it'd be much appreciated. I'd post what i've done here but can't seem to work out how to attach anything - got it as a PDF if anybody interested.

Right, i've been quiet in work today so have the guts of a poster made up along the lines of the Aberdeen one - can anybody help with a decent image, and also with the text at the bottom? I'd suggest it was less 'show we can do without Rangers' and more 'show your support for your local team/scottish football' but if anyone can help with this it'd be much appreciated. I'd post what i've done here but can't seem to work out how to attach anything - got it as a PDF if anybody interested.

Getting a decent image is what stopped me. Using Google Images is tempting but carries a risk. How about something like this for the blurb at the bottom:

"Support Scottish football and your local team on "Sell Out Saturday". Partick Thistle play Falkirk F.C. at Firhill Stadium in their first home league match of the new season. There are concessions for full-time students, OAPs (+65) and youths (16-21), while kids under 16 get in for free. So get along to Firhill on the 11th of August and help the Jags get their 2012-13 campaign off to a good start."

Edited by Stewarty

Getting a decent image is what stopped me. Using Google Images is tempting but carries a risk. How about something like this for the blurb at the bottom:

"Support Scottish football and your local team on "Sell Out Saturday". Partick Thistle play Falkirk F.C. at Firhill Stadium in their first home league match of the new season. There are concessions for full-time students, OAPs (+65) and youths (16-21), while kids under 16 get in for free. So get along to Firhill on the 11th of August and help the Jags get their 2012-13 campaign off to a good start."

If you're making a poster then keep text to a minimum. It's all about impactful images.

DPs right about the text. Trick is to convey all of above in as few words as possible. That way you can get the message over in larger print.

I've not done press releases/poster stuff for over 20 years and it shows

...... .......... "SELL OUT SATURDAY!".

.......... Partick Thistle V Falkirk F.C @ Firhill...Sat 11th Aug (KO 3pm)

.......Come help The Jags get the new league campaign off to a great start

........ Concessions- *All full-time Students *Youths (16-21) *Senior (65+)

.................... *AND all Under 16s FREE!!!

.................Support Scottish Football & Your Local Team !

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Cheers - Stuarty - text looks/sounds good.

Can anybody confirm prices? I've got the 2011/12 prices of Adult - £17, Conc - £12, U16 - FREE from online - are these held for this season as well?

Just had a look at the poster on the Facebook page. Good work!

Right - this has probably been asked before but can somebody give me the best email address for contacting the club? Never done anything like this before so I just want to make sure we're not treading on people's toes or using clubs image in a way that isn't approved etc. I know it's for the benefit of the club, but these thing matter. I've tried contacting onethistle via PMs and hotmail, but realise that it is peak holiday time.

Thanks for everyone's input to this - I know there is general interest in this since my celtic-arse-cheeked-father-in-law was asking me if we were doing anything for the day and he is keen to come - there must be a few more out there of a similar mind.

I'm under no illusions that we will actually sell the place out, but it's all very well us making posters and trying to get more people along, when we don't have to deal with the practical side such as policing etc. I think some kind of input from the club at this stage would allow us to get maximum benefit from it.

Edited by MerryHell

I was really quite annoyed by Chales Green's comments prior to his team's game against Brechin where he was saying that Scottish football would soon be begging to have Rangers back in the SPL and that those who wanted the rules applied were acting from bigotry and jealousy. I really do hope that on the 11th August we can get a huge turnout of supporters to show him and people (some in the media) that the other clubs can function perfectly well without them.

btw Anyone able to tell us how the push to sell Season Tickets is going - given the sevco saga and our own marketing push?

Are we up on last season yet?

How about the younger fans season tickets?

I bought a season ticket a the tail end of last week and the number on it was in the 1500's, not sure if that's an indicator or not.

btw Anyone able to tell us how the push to sell Season Tickets is going - given the sevco saga and our own marketing push?

Are we up on last season yet?

How about the younger fans season tickets?

Lets hope the numbers are up as this season we, along with lots of other clubs, need our supporters to back the club.