Sell Out Saturday - Falkirk (H) 11Th August

Tom Stronach

I bought a season ticket a the tail end of last week and the number on it was in the 1500's, not sure if that's an indicator or not.

I bought two on Friday 20th - nos. 1,541 and 1,542 - would like to hope we could shift around 1,500 to 2,000 (2,000 being at the ambitious end of the scale).

I wasn't asked if I wanted to pick a seat - not bothered but it would've been nice to have been asked - I had a missed call from PTFC today - perhaps that's what it was about...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought two on Friday 20th - nos. 1,541 and 1,542 - would like to hope we could shift around 1,500 to 2,000 (2,000 being at the ambitious end of the scale).

I wasn't asked if I wanted to pick a seat - not bothered but it would've been nice to have been asked - I had a missed call from PTFC today - perhaps that's what it was about...

I got a call today also, they were chasing up hospitality for the Falkirk game

I got a call today also, they were chasing up hospitality for the Falkirk game

Mmmm, I was wondering if that was what it was. When I phoned back I got the 'office closed' message - assume you can't contact them on the number you dial out on - need to use the 'premium rate'. I'll give them a call tomorrow - cheers.

I think that would mean you got the 541st and 542nd adult season tickets (assuming that things are the same as a couple of seasons ago when I helped out in the office). Over the last few seaons I think the total number sold has been in the 800 - 1,000 range.

I had to ask to pick a seat, as I wanted the same seat that I used to have and was surprised that I wasn't asked.

I also asked for a form to fill in to join the Centenary Fund but not one person in the office could give me one (my printer is broken at home). They said they'd send one out to me when they found one.

If I was in charge there i'd have a stack of them on the reception and i'd make sure and ask anyone buying a season ticket if they wanted to join.

We must be getting a lot handed back in. Ticket purchased on the 3rd of August was no. 1,519!

My parents bought theres yesterday. First time ever my mum has bought one and she says herself she probably won't be able to make many games, but she says its all for a good cause at the end of the day :thumbsup2:

Well done Mrs Lanark (the second?) ;-)

Been supporting the Jags since the seventies but this is the first time that my brother and I have bought season tickets. I'll be lucky to get to use it twice this season but my faith in Scottish football has been restored (at least for now) and I think now is the time to show support for sporting integrity and show that fans are more than capable of voting with their wallets.

Are you listening Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan?

I hope it's a packed out atmosphere filled thriller on Saturday and I wish I could be there to buy a half time draw ticket as well (I'll send my wee brother for them - he's always been the firhill halftime runner whether it's for macaroon bars, pies or bovril!)

I'm bitterly disappointed at the lack of communication from the club on this, Ian Maxwell aside.

Ian Maxwell responded instantly to my e-mail despite being on holiday, thanking everyone for their effort. He passed my e-mail onto whoever is in charge of the Onethistle initiative and we never received a reponse. The Chairman was also sent various e-mails asking him for support and again, no reply was ever given which is extremely disappointing as a lot of people have given up a lot of their time designing posteres (most of which were excellent) and spreading the word through various means.

I'm still confident of a healthy crowd on Saturday, but I would have welcomed some help from the club.

In fairness there is not much the club could do - put it on the official website (which Thistle fans read), advertising costs money so why bother. It's for the fans to do. Fans buy the tickets and bring others along. We play the biggest part.

I kinda get what you are saying, but the only people we can talk to as individuals are family/friends/colleagues - we had the oportunity to reach out to a wider audience and we haven't. I thought we'd need some kind of input from the club, as we were producing material with the club crest on it - "It's good - but please remove the FTOF". So everything stopped when the club just forward emails or don't respond. The general 'Sell Out Saturday' idea has been widely written about in the Scottish Press - anyone going round clubs looking for a game to go to wouldn't have found too many details on anything our club was/is planning for Saturday, so just getting something on the OS would have been better than nothing. I believe onethistle are working on a video. With 4 days to go.

Bit disappointing that the club/onethistle have not been more involved but that should not take away from the excellent efforts of those who have been pushing this - onwards and upwards!

I was a bit disappointed, but I guess we've got a small staff and volunteers, and they all seem to have clearly defined roles - in this case the person responsible for PR and marketing was on holiday for two weeks so nothing got done on the PR or marketing front during that time.

Edited by MerryHell

Bit disappointing that the club/onethistle have not been more involved but that should not take away from the excellent efforts of those who have been pushing this - onwards and upwards!

A copy e mail was sent to myself whilst I was on Holiday ,I responded the day I got back saying that onethistle would support any fans efforts in any way that they needed- as it was being led by the fans we didnt want to jump all over it and took there lead.We started work producing a Promo Vid to support this which should be out in the next 24 hours (the lead in time for a Promo Vid is about a week) - I was sent a copy poster which I approved ,there is an article on the Website wiith a downloadable poster for Sell Out Saturday.

Whilst not branded as such there have been news stories every day on the website promoting new Initiatives that are all starting this Saturday- again helping to promote the game.

Accepted there has been no media push however onethistle only formally took over the Marketing and PR n the last couple of weeks, up to then we had been providing support as requited as opposed to being the people delivering.

Holidays have not helped but its incorrect to say we havent been involved.

A copy e mail was sent to myself whilst I was on Holiday ,I responded the day I got back saying that onethistle would support any fans efforts in any way that they needed- as it was being led by the fans we didnt want to jump all over it and took there lead.We started work producing a Promo Vid to support this which should be out in the next 24 hours (the lead in time for a Promo Vid is about a week) - I was sent a copy poster which I approved ,there is an article on the Website wiith a downloadable poster for Sell Out Saturday.

Whilst not branded as such there have been news stories every day on the website promoting new Initiatives that are all starting this Saturday- again helping to promote the game.

Accepted there has been no media push however onethistle only formally took over the Marketing and PR n the last couple of weeks, up to then we had been providing support as requited as opposed to being the people delivering.

Point taken, just enjoyed the video that is now on the official site.

I've no doubt that we are all 100% behind this, but it has been a frustrating time waiting for approval on things when all we needed really was a 'yes' or 'no'. I'll still try and get a couple of posters up in shops local to my home and work, and i've hit P&B and 'one f in falkirk' but it can only have limited effectiveness now. I was only really sure that anyone was happy for us to run with this this morning when the poster appeared online.

I honestly don't think individual groups of fans can be allowed to run things like this without some kind of 'club' input as you get no continuity and risk mixed messages between what onethistle are producing vs. what other fan groups are producing. You only have to look at the thread that started when onethistle was officially announced (and more recently the young fans initiatives) and how some people reacted to see that you could quickly have other groups of fans forming groups with their own agendas. That would be in nobody's interest - maybe I'm over dramatising it but IMO if onethistle are to be in charge of marketing and PR they really have to be on top of everything that is produced in the name of the club. The fans can be the voice, but the message has to come from one source.

We were also getting free advertising from the national press ( on the general concept of Sell Out Saturday) that we could have utilised better.

This isnt a post in any way against the onethistle initiative - i hope i've been constructive enough in my critisism to make this obvious. I want onethistle to be succesful because if they are, the club will reap the benefits.

ANYWAY I've always said I'd be willing to be in it for the long run - there's not point selling one game (that given its the first home game would usually command a larger crowd anyway) and then go silent, bar a few 'specials' throughout the season. We should be selling every home game and I'd be happy to produce something for each one if required.

Edited by MerryHell

I thought onethistle were just ordinary fans? Do those involved now have official positions within the club? It's hard, from the outside, to differentiate where responsibilities begin and end. For example, are your comments on here (about various matters) representative of the club's viewpoint? Or are you still just 'a fan'? Genuine question.

I've no doubt that we are all 100% behind this, but it has been a frustrating time waiting for approval on things when all we needed really was a 'yes' or 'no'. I'll still try and get a couple of posters up in shops local to my home and work, and i've hit P&B and 'one f in falkirk' but it can only have limited effectiveness now. I was only really sure that anyone was happy for us to run with this this morning when the poster appeared online.

I honestly don't think individual groups of fans can be allowed to run things like this without some kind of 'club' input as you get no continuity and risk mixed messages between what onethistle are producing vs. what other fan groups are producing. You only have to look at the thread that started when onethistle was officially announced (and more recently the young fans initiatives) and how some people reacted to see that you could quickly have other groups of fans forming groups with their own agendas. That would be in nobody's interest - maybe I'm over dramatising it but IMO if onethistle are to be in charge of marketing and PR they really have to be on top of everything that is produced in the name of the club. The fans can be the voice, but the message has to come from one source.

We were also getting free advertising from the national press ( on the general concept of Sell Out Saturday) that we could have utilised better.

This isnt a post in any way against the onethistle initiative - i hope i've been constructive enough in my critisism to make this obvious. I want onethistle to be succesful because if they are, the club will reap the benefits.

ANYWAY I've always said I'd be willing to be in it for the long run - there's not point selling one game (that given its the first home game would usually command a larger crowd anyway) and then go silent, bar a few 'specials' throughout the season. We should be selling every home game and I'd be happy to produce something for each one if required.

Merryhell

Yes you are correct it should have been turned around quicker ,what has developed is that we need to formalise roles and make them public so that there is a "go to person" for things like this ,currently that is myself and lance if we are not available it gets delayed.

We are currently working with the Club on job roles and they will be made public over the next few weeks ,meantime we are still looking for volunteers as per Lances request and there will be new roles to be filled as things develop.

The task of rebuilding the fan base at PTFC is significant ,it will be a long hard slog taking years - the onethistle concept is still in its infancy and there will be a steep learning curve ,what should not be missed is that the fans of PTFC will be the people who drive the Club forward- the more people involved the easier it is to do things - if you have ideas or skills to offer please get in touch with Lance on the e-mail on the ad tagged above.

I thought onethistle were just ordinary fans? Do those involved now have official positions within the club? It's hard, from the outside, to differentiate where responsibilities begin and end. For example, are your comments on here (about various matters) representative of the club's viewpoint? Or are you still just 'a fan'? Genuine question.

It has been made clear from the start that onethistle are a formal organisation with specific roles at the Club ,the areas we work on are in the original announcement - whilst we are fans we have tasks that we will be working on in conjunction with the Club.To make communications easier its become clear that job roles will need to be formalised so people know who is doing what ,there are ongoing discussions with the Club to this end.

As for posts on here on the recent announcements ,eg Kids Packages I was trying to be of assistance - as the members of onethistle are fans and some are regular posters we will post anything regards the workings of onethistle as "onethistle" on the forum that way people can still express there own opinions.