Airdrie Up ...officially Announced. But A What Cost To Us?

Z88

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18862114?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dundee going for promotion over 2 visits to Firhill could bring a total of say 3000 fans. An average entry of say £10 a fan = £30k With airdrie taking their place we'll be lucky to get £5k over two visits. Thats a lot of cash for us to lose sadly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18862114?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dundee going for promotion over 2 visits to Firhill could bring a total of say 3000 fans. An average entry of say £10 a fan = £30k With airdrie taking their place we'll be lucky to get £5k over two visits. Thats a lot of cash for us to lose sadly.

No chance, lucky if it would be 1000

http://www.bbc.co.uk..._medium=twitter

i think there should be league reconstruction and we should put all the teams with the biggest crowds together so we maximise our commercial income.

You could argue about the money the club will save in transport costs & overnight stays with the majority of the clubs being within an hour of Glasgow.

Same thing applies to visiting fans coming in their cars on spur of moment to Firhill. More likely to do so if close by than take a day trip to somewhere like Dingwall!

All hypothetical at moment but Dundee bringing 1500 fans on a visit to Firhill bit far fetched. Don't even think they brought 1500 for 1st league game of season last year!

All hypothetical at moment but Dundee bringing 1500 fans on a visit to Firhill bit far fetched. Don't even think they brought 1500 for 1st league game of season last year!

From memory, it looked around 1000, maybe a tad more.

The year they bottled the title and and beat us 2v0 at firhill (harkins scored) they brought just under 1000. That was them pretty much coasting the league at that point (Christmas).

It'll be a blow, but probably no worse than the 2010-11 winter where many games were postboned and crowds dropped due to bad weather and Tuesday evening games. There was a game which only just broke the 1000 mark, I think it was against Queen of the South, when we would normally expect twice that.

At least Airdrie are local-ish and don't have to travel 200 miles, so it could be worse.

Why will it cost us?

Thistle v Airdrie is a far more attractive fixture to Jags fans than Thistle v Dundee. Airdrie will also bring their biggest travelling support to us.

Since they are staying part time, hopefully we can put a few goals past them. Be strange seeing Kenny Arthur in goal for them right enough.

With the demise of "Them", there will be plenty of guys like the one here, http://www.pieandbov...e-partick-fans/

who will be looking for somewhere to go on a Saturday. The club should be advertising the fact that kids go free for league games at Firhill, because there will be a lot of people out there who might enjoy watching football, Thistle style :):angry::unknw::wall::worship::fan:

http://www.bbc.co.uk..._medium=twitter

Everyone is going to take a hit next season, especially in the SPL and SFL1. We need to start thinking about what we can all do to minimise the losses we make, and think positively.

The scenario you suggest is all ifs, buts and maybes, so I don't see the point in dwelling on it.

Short term all clubs are going to take a hit financially - but it's short term thinking that has got Scottish Football into this mess.

We need to start thinking long term, 5-10 years ahead minimum.

D3 clubs will be getting good revenue from visits from newco I would have thoght...

Queen's Park in particular should do very nicely. Can't see them groundsharing to get the running track in this season.

Meanwhile over at Sevco Central I see, and I kid not, they've got a new investor called Guy Gisborne. I wonder when Green (should that be Lincoln Green?) will inform the SFA that he's really the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Fit and proper people???? :shok:

Queen's Park in particular should do very nicely. Can't see them groundsharing to get the running track in this season.

Hadn't thought of Queen's Park, but I suppose it's Rangers' big derby match next season so they'll have to make do. Clyde will get a boost too.

Can't see too many going to places like Elgin or Berwick though.

Can't see too many going to places like Elgin or Berwick though.

Wouldn't be too sure about that. The diehard h*ns i have spoke to have already been asking me about all the best days out, Berwick is definitely one of them. While we've never played Elgin I have been to the ground and it is a cracker, covered terracing at one side and great wee main stand.

Wouldn't be too sure about that. The diehard h*ns i have spoke to have already been asking me about all the best days out, Berwick is definitely one of them. While we've never played Elgin I have been to the ground and it is a cracker, covered terracing at one side and great wee main stand.

The diehards are really up for the small far away grounds. This season will split the gloryhunters from the diehards and hopefully leave Zombie Rangers with a support much lower in knuckledraggers than in the past.

The diehards are really up for the small far away grounds. This season will split the gloryhunters from the diehards and hopefully leave Zombie Rangers with a support much lower in knuckledraggers than in the past.

I don't think so, I can see even more zoomers being galvanised by the Catholic conspiracy against them making them more determined than ever to show Scotland that they are the people :thumbdown: