Paton

One footed journeyman unable to go past his man or The Boss in midfield supplying incisive defence splitting passes and oozing class? You ARE the judge....

Hes a one footed journeyman who can boss the midfield and occassionally ooze class.

Paton 's a guy I have total respect for.A couple of seasons ago he was a complete liability,he get the ball a yard over the halfway line and punt it back to the opposition,awful to watch , but he's really knucked down and improved out of sight.He's now playing in a new position and ever week gives his all.Also first over to the fans after a goal or at the end of a match and this is from a guy who took dogs abuse at times from the fans.Absolutley brilliant attitude.

If you told me two seasons ago I would have been a Paton fan I wouldn't have belived it but now he's a real favorite of mine . Still young enough to improve as well, Well done Paul.

A bit of both for me

The lack ability/willingness to use his left foot is frustrating

On the other hand his fitness and workrate are 2nd to none.

Hes a player im always happy to see in our team and i think we would miss him were he injured/suspended.

Also gives 100% every game

He was absolutely immense yesterday and has been superb in every game I've seen him this season.

He's found his position, no doubt about that.

He is one-footed, and that weakness was exposed a lot more in the wide areas than it is now that he's playing a more central role.

Some of his passing yesterday was outstanding.

If there is a better pairing in midfield than Shug and Paton in the 1st division this season, I'd like to see it.

Paton has been immense this season. I was among his worst critics a season or two ago (a fact recognised by the man himself) but his performances since being switched to midfield have been brilliant. Well done Paul. A testimony to him and Shuggie that the two players I dreaded losing, Cairney and Rowser, have not been missed at all.

Paton performs better in midfield. The manager should take credit for moving him into a position where he is thriving and seems more comfortable. It is unlikely that he will play at right-back (where we have cover) unless there is an injury crisis.

Like more than a few others I was critical of Paul mainly for that complete one-footedness and the fact he didn't appear to be improving with the other foot. I also didn't like the way he picked up cheap bookings.

Got to say I'm more than impressed with how he's changed things about and how he's now contributing in an attacking way. I might be alone on this but I feel Paton is becoming more Rowsonlike each game he plays and in my book that's definitely no bad thing. Probably a better passer than Rowser and has that same stamina and reading of the game.

PP was my MotM yesterday.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett