Scotland V Serbia

Lambies Lost Doo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are about 15 of us going, About 5 or 6 of them are Rangers fans and never seemed to contemplate boycotting the games. In the North Stand for this. Serbia's defence looks very strong so don't think we will get many chances in front of goal. Hopefully we can get a 1-0 and go into Tuesday night's game with Macedonia, who on paper are probably the weakest out of our five opponents.

I'm going - South Stand.

Got 4 tickets for my Dad's birthday so its a family day out!

Disappointed to see there is a still a few thousand tickets left - is this normal a week before a 'big' Scotland game?

Also, can anyone confirm where this new microbrewery is near the stadium?

Mon the Scotland!

All my Rangers mates are quite sensible and were not going to boycott any Scotland games. The microbrewery is probably the The Clockwork but has been around for about 15 years. They are very strict in letting people in and don't allow it to be busy. Unless you are there at crazy o'clock you wont make it. I've given up trying.

The number of tickets sold is a bit disappointing but I'm sure it will pick up. Always good to get as many Glasgow/West of Scotland fans there if anything to stop all the Aberdonians saying they are the biggest Scotland fans. Seem to bump into a decent number of Thistle fans on the odd occassions I go watch Scotland away.

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo

Do any Scotland fans think that the team will finish any higher than second bottom of the group? Rubbish team and rubbish manager.

The team isn't the problem. Other than central defence this is a decent group of players.

The biggest problem we have is the manager which is why I wouldn't cross the street to watch Scotland under Levein.

We'll finish above Wales :P

I'm heading along to this with 3 Rangers fans and a Celtic fan.

Not really expecting much, we've not had a really good win at Hampden since Ukraine. Macedonia under Burley could maybe be described as such but that was a game i'd expect us to win whereas the likes of Ukraine and Serbia are much tougher tests.

I was looking at the availability of tickets on the SFA site and there are only 3 of 4 sections with good availability. Most areas are either completely or almost sold out. I reckon they'll shift a good few tickets this week and the crowd will be about 45-48k which would be pretty good imo.

The team isn't the problem. Other than central defence this is a decent group of players.

The biggest problem we have is the manager which is why I wouldn't cross the street to watch Scotland under Levein.

We'll finish above Wales :P

The Wales team is much better than the Scotland one on paper, although they to now have a bit of a dumpling in charge.

Isn't exactly a rarity for Scotland to have an idiot/duff manager. Reckon over the last 50 years I've seen Scotland play under duff managers at least twice as much as under competent ones.

Isn't exactly a rarity for Scotland to have an idiot/duff manager. Reckon over the last 50 years I've seen Scotland play under duff managers at least twice as much as under competent ones.

True but this one has taken it no a new level. The most frustrating part of it is that we actually have decent players coming through. I'd be confident of qualification if we had someone decent in charge.

True but this one has taken it no a new level. The most frustrating part of it is that we actually have decent players coming through. I'd be confident of qualification if we had someone decent in charge.

You've been complaining about Scotland's management as long as I've been using thistle internet forums. Maybe time to accept that decent managers don't want the Scotland job?

I don't like Levein but he's not any worse than Bobby Brown, McLeod, MacCall, Docherty plus probably Roxburgh & Vogts.

You've been complaining about Scotland's management as long as I've been using thistle internet forums. Maybe time to accept that decent managers don't want the Scotland job?

Only Levein.

At least the previous managers had the excuse that we didn't have too many international class players. However, given that we have what is genreally regarded as a good squad, it's extremely annoying that we have a manager that doesn't have a clue and spends more time with his wee personal issues and vendettas rather than doing what is best for the team and the country.

I don't like Levein but he's not any worse than Bobby Brown, McLeod, MacCall, Docherty plus probably Roxburgh & Vogts.

I'm perhaps fortunate that I don't really remember anyone prior to Ally McLeod.

Roxburgh at least got us to the Euros and did well considering we were in an almost impossible group.

As always, a post asking for support for the national team ends up being a good moan about how bad the manager is. I´ll agree with lady-isobel-barnett in saying that he´s not worse than many of his predecessors. It´s the quality of players which has gone down over the last few years.

These two games are ever so important. I saw Ireland draw in Belgrade last month and the Serbians are really beatable. All we have to do is play with some of the purpose we did against Australia and not shoot ourselves in the foot as we did, for example, against the Czech Republic.

Scotland to win these two games, finish top two and battle the Belgians for the top spot.

A bit of the current Thistle optimism into Hampden next weekend please. The chance is an historic one. For the first time in years, we have avoided all top guns in qualifying.

The microbrewery is probably the The Clockwork but has been around for about 15 years. They are very strict in letting people in and don't allow it to be busy. Unless you are there at crazy o'clock you wont make it. I've given up trying.

I see it starts serving food at 10. Presumably going after 12 is a lost cause?

Edited by brodieboy