Scotland V Serbia

Lambies Lost Doo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be going along tomorrow more in hope than in expectation. I honestly believe that we possess a grouo of players who on their day and with appropriate direction can be competitive at this level.

Like most people who have posted I tend to have little faith in the manager, whose selections and public uterrances have revealed him as a bit of a muppet.Nonetheless, in football muppetry, has been overcome and hopefully this will be the case on Saturday and Tuesday..

Think the team will be below with Maloney and Rhodes getting a look in.

--------------------MacGregor---------------------

Hutton----Webster-------Berra----------Dixon

---------------------Caldwell-------------------------

Snodgrass----Adam-----Morrison---Naismith

----------------------Miller---------------------------

Team: McGregor, Hutton, Webster, Berra, Dixon, Caldwell, Naismith, Snodgrass, Adam, Morrison, Miller.

Subs: Gilks, Hanley, Rhodes, Mackie, Maloney, Forrest, Cowie, Dorrans, McCormack, Phillips, Foster, Marshall.

I would have picked Rhodes ahead of Miller.

i would have picked me ahead of miller :angry2:

..........so would I

Is there a club manager in any country in any division that would pick Miller ahead of Rhodes?

We played way too deep for a world cup qualifier at home . Levin is far too cautious and negative.Going for the win ten minutes to go at home is pish .Guys like Makie and Rhodes should be on from the start at home and heidless chickens like Miller on for the last ten to close things down if you get a lead.Levins subs were all at least twenty minutes too late as well and Hutton is a disaster waiting to happen.

Serbia's recent goal scoring record is shite and we stood back and late them play........really disapointed in that.

The nearest Scotland will get to Brazil with this lot is the nut counter at Asda.

The first choice squad would have a reasonable chance of qualifying. However, like Wales, we suffer from repeated withdrawals and then there is the Stephen Fletcher problem...

The first choice squad would have a reasonable chance of qualifying. However, like Wales, we suffer from repeated withdrawals and then there is the Stephen Fletcher problem...

Only place we suffered with calloffs was in defence. The guys who came in did well with dixon being the pick of the bunch.

Levein has to take responsibility for the midfield and attack which were terrible. Mackie did more in 10 mins than the rest put together did in 90.

we will go nowhere under this clown.

I think that GrantB is being a bit harsh in saying that only the defence suffered with call offs. 1st choice midfield picks of Scott Brown and Darren Fletcher were missing, replaced by Snodgrass who was ok and Webster ? Combine that with Morrison having a poor game and I am afraid to say Miller also being off the pace - a draw was probably a good result even although Serbia were poor.

I shall be there in South Stand. Going with 2 Rangers fans and a so called Everton fan. Scarf and Scotland t-shirt with me. No kilt, timerberlands, pipers jacket or pheasant feathers which are a particular bug bear for me.

Christ you've hit the nail on the head here mate...these twats do my box in...check out the iron horse before any scotland home game

Iadmit it I was wrong when I intimatated that having a Muppet in charge doesn't neccessarirly lead to defeat.

I'll revise that after this afternoons display of tactical ineptitudes and simple erroneas team selection. In Craig Levein's case unfortunately being a muppet, invariably dooms us. We now MUST beat Montenegro(hardly a foregone coclusion given our lamentable record against so called minnows) in order to stand any realistic chance ofpromotion.

The galling thing is that Serbia were beatable, if only the manager had made attacking changes at half time or soon thereafter. He didn't Scotland again failed to win and we are once again playing catch up against teams who'll hardly be quaking in their boots at the thought of a visit to Hampden Park.

To make matters worse he had the cheek to mention he was happy with the quality on the bech. This begs the obvious question if he thought so highly of his bench, why he failed to use it in an aggressive manner.

That being so, the SFA have made our bed and it would be piling error upon error where any moves to replace the manager during the qualification campaign: which I believe to be frankly impossible with the present incumbent.

Dire performance from both sides. I'm struggling to decide which team was worse - Scotland probably were but not by much. Our set piece delivery was shocking.

What really annoys me was the game was there for the taking - wtf is the point in bringing on two subs with 10 minutes left, I don't think Rhodes had a touch of the ball.

Inept tactical performance - I fear for the Macedonia game.

Oh - we might as well have played a traffic cone up front in place of Miller - he is gash

Can't beat the third best team in the group at home? Bit early for wrapping things up - but Brazil 2014 is now looking a LONG way off: when the coaches of Belgium and Croatia watch that they'll be pissing themselves: two teams who were mediocre at best. Mind you, at least the Serbs could make three or four consecutive passes.

With only 1 to go straight through from each group it is already all but over.

Levein?

Phud