Scotland V Serbia

Lambies Lost Doo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have optomism at Thistle because we have a decent manager and a team that look like they know their job and enjoy their football. I am loving being a Jags fan right now.

Scotland have a decent squad but a total bufoon of a manager who scraped by the mighty Liechtenstein with a goal in the 96th minute, played with no strikers against the worst Czecz side in living memory, and lost 5-1 to the footballing fortress that is the USA.

I'll be amazed if we get 3 points out of the double header (even Levein with this squad should be able to beat Macedonia at home)

I'll be there for both games, over in the west stand. When I ordered my tickets, a good few weeks ago now, virtually all of the north and south stands appeared to have sold out for both matches, so I would be surprised if both don't have very large crowds.

As far as Scotland actually qualifying goes, they are, IMO, as capable of winning the group as they are finishing bottom. There is no stand out side in the group, with most teams quite close to each other in terms of quality. Even Macedonia and Wales, the two supposedly weakest sides in the group, possess players capable of really hurting their opponents.

A few people have already cast doubts over Craig Levein's ability to manage at international level on this thread and I too share those doubts. For all that this is a (relatively) good collection of Scottish players, it isn't so good that it can expect to succeed without someone tacticly astute pulling its strings, and as a tactician I think Levein looks out of his depth at international level.

Before a ball is kicked, I reckon it will be a straight shootout between Belgium and Croatia. The Belgian squad looks sensational.

I pray I am wrong but I cannot see past our managerial handicap.

And has done for the past 3-4 years but they've not achieved anything. They have an amazing collection of players but cannot seem to get them to play as a team.

This may be their time though.

As always, a post asking for support for the national team ends up being a good moan about how bad the manager is. I´ll agree with lady-isobel-barnett in saying that he´s not worse than many of his predecessors. It´s the quality of players which has gone down over the last few years.

These two games are ever so important. I saw Ireland draw in Belgrade last month and the Serbians are really beatable. All we have to do is play with some of the purpose we did against Australia and not shoot ourselves in the foot as we did, for example, against the Czech Republic.

Scotland to win these two games, finish top two and battle the Belgians for the top spot.

A bit of the current Thistle optimism into Hampden next weekend please. The chance is an historic one. For the first time in years, we have avoided all top guns in qualifying.

But traded that for the toughest bottom seeds and thoughest 3rd seeds. I think our group is very open as any team is capable of beating the other on their day and I can see a lot of draws and teams taking points off each other left right and centre.

With that in mind I think we will have to win the group to qualify. Our group is virtually guaranteed to have the 9th placed 2nd team and as such would miss out on a playoff spot.

I don't think we could have got a better two opening fixtures to be able to get 6 points on the board. None of the games in this group will be easy but Macedonia seem like they will be the weakest team of the group and Serbia do seem to be in a bit of transition at the moment. After these two games we have a double header away to Wales and Belgium so 6 points going into these two fixtures looks like a must if we are going to keep in touch with the top two positions in the group this early.

Is there anyway we could push Thistle v Raith at the Scotland game as I'm thinking there will be a few hundred or more people floating around Glasgow hanging around for the Macedonia game on Tuesday. Would be good to get some of these football fans in.

great idea,is there not scotland forums on the go,cld stick it in there

By the way, in Japanese, there is "assimilated sounds" (written "っ").

The Italian speakers have no difficulty to pronounce this sound. However, the English speakers have a hard time.

But I do not understand why the English speakers have a hard time in pronouncing it.

The Japanese "assimilated sounds" are similar to the sounds like Partick and Nottingham.

And I think that "Scotland" should be "Skotland". "Celtic Football Club" should be "Seltik Futbol Klab".

Think I'm gonna stick my heed in the oven if this doesn't end soon, for the love of god man is there anything about football you do agree with as it's not the spelling of names, match length, amount of substitutions, size of pitch/goals, etc etc

Think I'm gonna stick my heed in the oven if this doesn't end soon, for the love of god man is there anything about football you do agree with as it's not the spelling of names, match length, amount of substitutions, size of pitch/goals, etc etc

haha brilliant i was thinking the same

I shall be there in South Stand. Going with 2 Rangers fans and a so called Everton fan. Scarf and Scotland t-shirt with me. No kilt, timerberlands, pipers jacket or pheasant feathers which are a particular bug bear for me.

Likewise. Some tit in a Glengarry wearing half a pipe bandsman's uniform, it's about as much Scottish national dress as lederhosen.