Red And Yellow

scotty

Except i don't think we have any of the red and yellow strips. The ones we had last year were signed and given away as part of the season sponsorship.

Fair enough - but I can't believe that the above (macb transfer) couldn't have been arranged either via puma or greeves, earlier in the season.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough - but I can't believe that the above (macb transfer) couldn't have been arranged either via puma or greeves, earlier in the season.

With the shape of the macb logo, it would have to cover most of the strip! (and it was already big enough!)

Despite the fact that we're now 3 months into the season and are yet to wear our tradtional home colours, I think it's the continued silence on the matter from the club and or Greaves/Puma that's beginning to piss folk off.

Just tell us what the problem is.

Has anyone actually asked the club? They can't answer something that hasn't been asked.

I'm sure they have better things to do with their time. It really isn't a big deal.

It's a big deal that our kit manufacturer is unable to supply home strips, to the club and its retail partner, four months after the start of the season. The Old Firm would not stand for it.

It's a big deal that our kit manufacturer is unable to supply home strips, to the club and its retail partner, four months after the start of the season. The Old Firm would not stand for it.

And I reckon that as we're now well into the season, sales at Greaves will not match what they would have been if the strips had been available for the start of the season, or shortly thereafter. Nothing good from this debacle.

• Members

And I reckon that as we're now well into the season, sales at Greaves will not match what they would have been if the strips had been available for the start of the season, or shortly thereafter. Nothing good from this debacle.

I can't imagine Greaves will be too worried about not getting fresh supplies if a strip we've had for a couple of seasons now. I doubt there would be much demand for it. The Club's partnership with Puma on the other hand must be really rocky. I don't think the Club or Greaves are at fault here at all. All down to Puma IMO.

I can't imagine Greaves will be too worried about not getting fresh supplies if a strip we've had for a couple of seasons now. I doubt there would be much demand for it. The Club's partnership with Puma on the other hand must be really rocky. I don't think the Club or Greaves are at fault here at all. All down to Puma IMO.

Is it not Greaves who are the middle man between Puma and PTFC?

Could the club not put out an appeal for fans to hand in their current home tops. We could easily have enough to put the team on the park wearing red and yellow.

Erty

If I understand the situation correctly its not the lack of home tops that is the issue - in coming out of administration the company that now produce macb water changed the style of the logo ever so slightly. The existing tops have the old logo and we are currently waiting for a batch with the new logo to arrive.

If I understand the situation correctly its not the lack of home tops that is the issue - in coming out of administration the company that now produce macb water changed the style of the logo ever so slightly. The existing tops have the old logo and we are currently waiting for a batch with the new logo to arrive.

So when did MacB come out of administration? Greaves are selling "3rd" strips with the MacB logo on the front. Are those logos "old" or up-to-date?

That explains why we haven't been wearing the black strip then, I guess that one is being consigned to the history books then.

So when did MacB come out of administration? Greaves are selling "3rd" strips with the MacB logo on the front. Are those logos "old" or up-to-date?

That explains why we haven't been wearing the black strip then, I guess that one is being consigned to the history books then.

I've just looked at pics of the purple/blue strip and compared it to my home top and the style of the logo looks the same (apart from the fact that the logo on p/b top doesn't have a block of colour around it), so I'm not sure where I got my ideas from - sure I read it somewhere?!

I've probably completely misunderstood the situation - I thought that the production of completely new tops was what was (understandably) holding things up - if it's just a straight case of supply then that's pretty poor.

Sorry for adding to the confusion.

• Members

Is it not Greaves who are the middle man between Puma and PTFC?

To be honest Ian, I've no idea. If that were the case, is it possible then that Greaves are holding things up in order to boost sales of the strip we've been wearing in all our games so far? ( I don't honestly think that would have had an effect on sales of the new strip anyway to be fair.

To be honest Ian, I've no idea. If that were the case, is it possible then that Greaves are holding things up in order to boost sales of the strip we've been wearing in all our games so far? ( I don't honestly think that would have had an effect on sales of the new strip anyway to be fair.

To be honest Will, I think it's more the case that Greaves have simply lost interest in PTFC. Maybe they thought the deal would make them more money than it has, maybe they over estimated the jags support base, or maybe they are struggling generally.

Whatever the reason, I bet this wouldn't happen if they had a similar deal with either of the old firm, whether they were in the 3rd division or the SPL.

It doesn't actually bother me that much but I know it is bothering a lot of fans and I can understand that. I have heard that the situation will be resolved in November. Heard some people say December.

Either way I think it's poor fare from Greaves/Puma and I think the club should now come out and publicly state that the situation is not of PTFC's making - if indeed that is the case.

Edited by ian_mac

• Members

Either way I think it's poor fare from Greaves/Puma and I think the club should now come out and publicly state that the situation is not of PTFC's making - if indeed that is the case.

The Greaves deal has been good for Thistle. And I believe that the Greaves owner is a Jags fan as I recall from the initial deal. It wouldn't be beneficial from the Club's view financially to criticise anyone in this scenario imo.

It's a shame the football team hasn't been able to play in it's proper colours this season so far and I'd imagine it's pretty much unheard of, however, I don't believe it's the Club's fault and I'd be extremely surprised if they hadn't been pushing behind the scenes to get it sorted out. Pretty sure we're due a new strip next season and I suspect this will be part of the problem. If the deal is between Puma and Greaves, Puma may be insisting on Greaves taking a certain amount of strips (I'd imagine a run of about 500 tops would be the norm) and with the current strip going into it's last 6 months of existence, sales are bound to be extremely low with most folk that want the top, already having it.

The problem was with Macbee going bust half way through the first season with the strip. It's been unfortunate but i wouldn't expect Greaves to make a loss either. That's why I think Puma are to blame. They should be gracious enough to make a basic 40 strip run just for the Club.

The Greaves deal has been good for Thistle. And I believe that the Greaves owner is a Jags fan as I recall from the initial deal. It wouldn't be beneficial from the Club's view financially to criticise anyone in this scenario imo.

It's a shame the football team hasn't been able to play in it's proper colours this season so far and I'd imagine it's pretty much unheard of, however, I don't believe it's the Club's fault and I'd be extremely surprised if they hadn't been pushing behind the scenes to get it sorted out. Pretty sure we're due a new strip next season and I suspect this will be part of the problem. If the deal is between Puma and Greaves, Puma may be insisting on Greaves taking a certain amount of strips (I'd imagine a run of about 500 tops would be the norm) and with the current strip going into it's last 6 months of existence, sales are bound to be extremely low with most folk that want the top, already having it.

The problem was with Macbee going bust half way through the first season with the strip. It's been unfortunate but i wouldn't expect Greaves to make a loss either. That's why I think Puma are to blame. They should be gracious enough to make a basic 40 strip run just for the Club.

Maybe not just out of good grace, but if they want a future contract.