Just In For Livy

Gordie

Since the start of the season, especially over the last weeks I've found it difficult to come on here and single certain players out for extra praise because collectively we are playing the best football I've ever seen.

Yesterday was Elliot's best game for the Club by a million miles. He may not have scored, which really isn't the point or important but it was pretty much a full game for him to stake a claim. He held the line extremely well, his first touch was very good, was nipping away the defenders all game and his link up play was superb. That performance by him yesterday, more so over Welsh's at East End Park is what McNamara is on about regarding players not wanting to be dropped or miss out. Seems to be a battle to get into the starting XI, which is fantastic.

Erskine - wow. The most complete performance I've seen from him. A danger going forward, making space, creating and skipping past players. A menace all game in tackling defenders and midfielders. I lost count the number of times he tracked back and stuck his foot in to win possession back. If he scored with that shot that came of the post then that would have been SOME goal.

O'Donnell seems to get more and more composed as the weeks go on. A good number of times yesterday there was nothing on for him, one or two defenders coming straight for him in our box. He doesn't panic, takes a couple of touches then just skips past them into the space and is carrying the ball into midfield taking the pressure of our defence. Reminded me of Scott Paterson at times that.

Lawless's goal - ******* hell. WHAT A STRIKE. One of the greatest goals I've ever seen scored by a Thistle player. This guy is a fantastic prospect for us. Amazing signing, his close control is excellent.

The rest of the team were great.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pie stall was pretty well organized. I nipped down at half time and there seemed plenty available for half time. My sickly bashed steak number was swapped for an acceptable one no problem.

I walked away in a huff 5 mins before kickoff after waiting 15 minutes in a queue that hardly moved, only for one of the workers to say they had no

Pies (they just weren't ready yet) but had hotdogs and pizza. Prices where shocking too.

Dammit, circumstances conspired against me at the last minute so I couldn't attend the match. Sounds like another excellent performance. Can't wait to see our new players, and some of the old hands who are playing like new players. Roll on next week!

Was saying during post game pub-chat, in previous seasons felt like going to see the team was a bit like a duty call or just going to see the mates. Now after each game feel desperate to see the next one. Can't wait till next Saturday.

I walked away in a huff 5 mins before kickoff after waiting 15 minutes in a queue that hardly moved, only for one of the workers to say they had no

Pies (they just weren't ready yet) but had hotdogs and pizza. Prices where shocking too.

I was told there was no Pizza!!! It was the only vegetarian option or I could have crisps and chocolate as the girl suggested since there was no pizza but you say there was pizza, I didn't even want Pizza but still it was the only option!

On the upside the game was awesome, the goals were cracking and I really cannot wait till Cowdenbeath at home and especially looking forward to Raith away!

I love this Thistle team!

Edited by little_miss_jag

Another very good performance from the best jags team since '71 - there I've said it!

To say we dominated the first half does not really begin to describe how much of the ball we had. We were patient though, and got the goal eventually - which I missed, due to doing the pie run. Second away game in a row this has happened.

Erskine's wee flick at the end of the first half, if that goes in off the post pandemonium would have occurred, very unlucky that it bounced back out.

Second half we got the killer goal very quickly. We probably took the foot off the gas a little bit, but I didn't think that Livi even merited their goal when it came. After that, yes, Fox kept us in it with a great save down to his right hand side.

However, we more than merited the 3 points yesterday.

The singing at full time was absolutely tremendous, and you could see how much it meant to the players.

Will be interesting to see the odds on Cowdenbeath winning next week. Would surely be the biggest upset of the season.

I can't see us losing to anyone right now.

Cowdenbeath have actually started the season pretty well. But I fully expect us to beat them with some ease.

An apology. In previous posts, I have made it known I consider Almondvale a soul-less, atmosphereless new town stadium. Yesterday I was proven wrong. That was a f***in' great atmosphere. Not that the Livvy fans contributed to it in any way. But at least they've got rid of THAT ****ing DRUM!

Still a total nightmare of a place to find - even with driving there.

Edited by The Earl of Hathaway

I thought it was an entertaining game place at a frenetic pace throughout the match. Again the whole team played well there were no failures,though I thought Hugh Murray struggled at times with the pace of the game - particularly in the second half. It did not help him the fact he had been booked earlier on.

Paul paton worked very hard in the midfield, he is a key player for us. He gets up and down the park tackling and pressing defenders. His passing has improved this year.

Steven Lawless again showed what a great finisher he is. It will be interesting to see how teams will try to combat his threat, it's clear that if you give him space in and around the box he will punish teams.

Elliot came on and played well, still a bit short of match practice but he won headers, held the ball up and chased and harried the livi defense.

Erskine played very well, he was a little unlucky at times the ball just did not run for him. He has been asked to drop deeper for us a defend when we have lost possession and he has adapted to this job well.

Big Muirhead is turning out to a cracking signing and if he continues to play like this he might not be here next year. He has everything a center back needs to play at a higher level.

Jackie needs to get Steven O'donnell tied down on a longer deal before other clubs come in for him, he is progressing very quickly. I expect other clubs are already keeping tabs on Aaron Muirhead, and Steven Lawless.

We could have done with a fit david Rowson to bring on with about twenty mins to go, livi started to press and at times and with the 4-3-3 we looked a man down in midfield. Jackie went 4-4-2 in the closing stages(Sinclair went to left midfield) maybe he should have done this a little earlier.

Edited by Alan Murray

The concern, if there is one, is that Dunfermline are right on our heels. Could end up a titanic tussle as the season progresses.

I'm thinking this too. The only thing separating us is the magnificent win at EEP recently. Hopefully sharing the spoils with them between now and April (christ, that seems like an eternity away) will see us over the line.

I've no doubt Jackie is fully alive to the Dunfermline threat.

We play Dunfy at home on the second last game of the season!

Before travelling to Dumbarton on the final game.

Dunfermline could be interesting but it is the Dumbarton that concerns me - I am not going home and away all season not to get a ticket for the last game haha it concerns me enough am considering hospitality or climbing the rock....

Edited by little_miss_jag

Dunfermline could be interesting but it is the Dumbarton that concerns me - I am not going home and away all season not to get a ticket for the last game haha it concerns me enough am considering hospitality or climbing the rock....

Good point; a single stand, capacity 2,050, with the Jags about to be crowned 1st Division Champions........ cue Mayhem!

Season Ticket holders first in line, i trust :thumbsup2:

:)

Then I'm defo hoping they have the half season tickets on the go again this season. Already planned to get one anyway but this makes it even more important. Doesn't matter anyway, IF we're to win the league this year it'll be done at New Broomfield ;)