Crowd For Cowdenbeath Match

Fawlty Towers

A bit early to be looking at this match but what sort of crowd will we get for this? We are always told that if the team is winning then fans will come back but the cowds at Firhill for the 3 home games have actually been on a downward trajectory - 3,500 then 3,000 then 2,600. I know the away supports have gone down but that surely cannot be totally responsible?

Hopefully there will be another of the excellent posters produced and the club e-mailing people to promote the game in the build up so that we can get to the 3,000 level again as the more money that can be generated on matchdays between now and Christmas will allow Jackie to strengthen the team in January or keep the key players if other clubs come in for them.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit early to be looking at this match but what sort of crowd will we get for this? We are always told that if the team is winning then fans will come back but the cowds at Firhill for the 3 home games have actually been on a downward trajectory - 3,500 then 3,000 then 2,600. I know the away supports have gone down but that surely cannot be totally responsible?

It is easy too look at the crowds and feel like the product on the park is awesome just now and the crowds do not reflect that.

But Falkirk brought a decent away support bringing the crowd up to 3,500. But Dumbarton and Hamilton have brought a few hundred fans each if that. I think the crowds we are getting are decent enough just now and nothing to worry about just yet.

Have a little patience, we can't do anything about crap away supports but our home support will gradually get bigger, just takes time, I imagine folk watching us on tv last week might have persuaded a few people back.

Either way Cowdenbeath wont bring alot of fans so I would say the crowd will be over 2500 but no more than 3000 and just for fun I will say it will be 2738.

It is easy too look at the crowds and feel like the product on the park is awesome just now and the crowds do not reflect that.

But Falkirk brought a decent away support bringing the crowd up to 3,500. But Dumbarton and Hamilton have brought a few hundred fans each if that. I think the crowds we are getting are decent enough just now and nothing to worry about just yet.

Have a little patience, we can't do anything about crap away supports but our home support will gradually get bigger, just takes time, I imagine folk watching us on tv last week might have persuaded a few people back.

Either way Cowdenbeath wont bring alot of fans so I would say the crowd will be over 2500 but no more than 3000 and just for fun I will say it will be 2738.

Take your points, I guess I am being a bit impatient and I do realise that these are tough times financially for a lot of people so any extra support is really appreciated.

It will take a long time to get the lapsed supporters back but we are going the right way about it unbeaten and attractive to watch,keep it going guys.

Who's going to disagree with that?

Leave it up to the media to mention the 100% record, even the shoddiest of journos can read league tables. A hard fact is we're only 3pts ahead of Dunfermline who have played one more away game than us. That's not me being pessimistic just pointing out a fact.

Leave it up to the media to mention the 100% record, even the shoddiest of journos can read league tables. A hard fact is we're only 3pts ahead of Dunfermline who have played one more away game than us. That's not me being pessimistic just pointing out a fact.

Yes, the Pars are still breathing down our neck. Let's hope that Livi can do us a favour at EE Park on Saturday.

Three of their four wins have come against Cowdenbeath, Airdrie and Dumbarton - the three promoted teams. Three of our five wins have come against Dunfermline, Livingston and Falkirk - three of the pre-season promotion favourites (ahead of us)!