Dunfermline Win The 1St Division

Just Another Username

. . . all the 'experts'. Heard Craig Brown on the radio this morning saying that he thought Dunfermline would go straight back up and then on sportsound tonight they reckon that Jeffries has more experience and has done it before so knows what he's doing (suggesting that our management / players don't have the experience to get us up).

Time to prove them all wrong!

Let's go batter Raith at starks!

Even this early, I would say it's certainly between us and Dunfermline -- the only two team which have a squad and the momentum capable of doing it right now. To single out either us or them, however, would be a mistake. November's match at Firhill will be a massive one, but even come March we probably won't know who's going to win it. Should be a thriller!

Yeah, I think they might want to calm it down with that sort of nonsense this early in the season. Even the Pars fans I know seem to think they were pretty poor on the day. Certainly Dunfermline's results since that game have been good, but I can't quite see - apart from dropping Potter - what Jeffries has done that would make them SO much better. So they ran Aberdeen pretty close at home in he League Cup - still lost though.

Nothing wrong with those opinions, really.

It's a plain fact that the only difference between us at the moment is the result at EEP.

So plenty of work yet to do, and this Saturday is possibly the biggest challenge we'll have faced since EEP.

It's where we are in May rather than September that will decide if we go up or not.

The home game against dunfermline on Nov 10th could be interesting! As long as the 'favourites' haven't started to pull away from us, which they could do...... looks likely on paper. I think we need to keep starting with our favoured 11 and only bring on the others as subs (ie avoid squad rotation to get the gas firing up on all cylinders).

Using our game at East End Pk as a yardstick I'm quite surprised how consistent Pars have been since. I wouldn't have thought they'd follow up that game with four straight league wins. I was speaking to a Pars fan yesterday and she said that Livingston were dreadful last Saturday, which I took as cheering news. Livingston were impressive enough against us and I had been slightly disheartened that Pars could take them 4-0.

Both Pars and us are away from home for the next two games. Normally we'd settle for two draws but I feel we've got to get more to keep our lead.

I thought Dunfermline were rotten when we played them. Worst team I've seen so far as Fox didn't have a save to make.

But it's a long season and we have got to take 1 game at a time.

I see their fans believe they are a good passing team, much better passers than we were at EEP. JJ has never had a passing team. He's very old skool all about work rate and huff n puff. I still think Dunf are favourites to win this league considering finances etc. I'm concerned as pitches get heavier that our passing game may be strained.

I thought Dunfermline were rotten when we played them. Worst team I've seen so far as Fox didn't have a save to make.

But it's a long season and we have got to take 1 game at a time.

I see their fans believe they are a good passing team, much better passers than we were at EEP. JJ has never had a passing team. He's very old skool all about work rate and huff n puff. I still think Dunf are favourites to win this league considering finances etc. I'm concerned as pitches get heavier that our passing game may be strained.

It's okay, Jim Hamilton and Paul Keegan are lined up for a January return ;)