Arabs' Kevin Smith Linked With Jags

kni

"Raith Rovers are still keen on Dundee United striker Kevin Smith even though he journeyed south to join Notts County on trial earlier this week.

Their manager John McGlynn hasn't yet given up hopes of bringing back their former loan star after he was given permission to talk to interested parties by Arabs boss Peter Houston.

That resulted in his latest move down to Nottingham, although Partick Thistle are also said to be currently monitoring his situation."

Read more: http://www.dundeeunited.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=204128#ixzz0t6IvP193

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/Raith-boss-still-on-the.6409139.jp

Edited by kni

"Raith Rovers are still keen on Dundee United striker Kevin Smith even though he journeyed south to join Notts County on trial earlier this week.

Their manager John McGlynn hasn't yet given up hopes of bringing back their former loan star after he was given permission to talk to interested parties by Arabs boss Peter Houston.

That resulted in his latest move down to Nottingham, although Partick Thistle are also said to be currently monitoring his situation."

Read more: http://www.dundeeunited.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=204128#ixzz0t6IvP193

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/Raith-boss-still-on-the.6409139.jp

Would be a really good signing I feel, capable of scoring more than a few in the first divison. In fact I'm pretty sure it was him who scored in that freekick against us in January :thinking:

Different Smith, I think, TL :unsure:

Think it's the same guy. Was a header from a free kick though.

I'd only be interested if it was a permanant deal rather than a loan though. No doubt we'll end up being outbid by a diddy outfit like Raith.

I'd imagine it would be a permanent move- he's 23 years old but has only played 45 games in his pro career. He'll be behind at least 4 and probably 5 others at United.

However, given that we're in competition with anyone, let alone another division 1 club for his signature, we can probably forget it. And he's under contract, so we'd have to pay a fee.

I'd imagine it would be a permanent move- he's 23 years old but has only played 45 games in his pro career. He'll be behind at least 4 and probably 5 others at United.

However, given that we're in competition with anyone, let alone another division 1 club for his signature, we can probably forget it. And he's under contract, so we'd have to pay a fee.

According to all the reports he has been told by United that he is free to leave as there aint any future for him at United so dont think to much of a hefty fee would be involved.

However I take our point about we would likely struggle to afford him if Raith Rovers are after him.

I thought it but never said it...knew you'd be along to do so soon enough :P

Happy to oblige :thumbsup2:

It's true though. It should be a no brainer for a player. Sadly with the BoD we have, he'll probably be offered £200 a week and quite rightly tell us where to go.

Yes its true, sadly. Not sure about the £200p/w thingy tho!

Just a hypothetical scenario going by what has been said in the press about us not signing any new players.

Does it not make your blood boil that we have been mismanaged so badly that it has come to this? The PropCo lies they told have steam coming out of my ears when I think about it!

livi, clyde, raith - to name a few, the list of diddy teams who can or have consistently outbid us lately is a joke. you can thank the board for that.

Which signings did Clyde and Livi outbid us for lately? I can't remember any!

Just a hypothetical scenario going by what has been said in the press about us not signing any new players.

Does it not make your blood boil that we have been mismanaged so badly that it has come to this? The PropCo lies they told have steam coming out of my ears when I think about it!

I wouldn't say it makes my blood boil but yes I am annoyed about, however I dont lay the blame solely at the feet of the BoD...although they are very culpable. The Propco situation is one that gets me worried, this project needs to make Thistle (the Club) a very hefty profit in order for it to be worthwhile and Im not sure that it will :( .

Which signings did Clyde and Livi outbid us for lately? I can't remember any!

Clyde outbid us for Alan Trouten. They were paying him £700 a week.

I remember Derek Lilley being in the office at Firhill about to sign when he got a phonecall from Livi offering to beat anything we offered.

Not 2 clubs we should aspire to in how to run a football club right enough!

It might not all be down to money though. It could be more to do with quality of life ie the chance of living and working in Kirkcaldy. I'm sure Grant will be the first to acknowledge this :thumbsup2:

:)

That depends on how tolerant you are to inbreeding!

I remember Derek Lilley being in the office at Firhill about to sign when he got a phonecall from Livi offering to beat anything we offered.

To be fair, we missed out on Derek Lilley seven years ago.

I've forgiven the board for that one now.

Clyde outbid us for Alan Trouten. They were paying him £700 a week.

That depends on how tolerant you are to inbreeding!

In addition It has been rumoured at the time they also outbid us for Pat Clarke, Stewart Kettlewell and Gregory Tade.