Challenge Cup Final @ Livingston 7th April

twinny

Now that we have finally made our first Challenge Cup final, where do you think it will be played? Any of the grounds near Glasgow would be suitable as there isn't really anything half way between Dumfries and Glasgow. I imagine it'll be Airdrie, Hamilton or Motherwell.

I think Rugby Park is certainty, an hour from Dumfries and 40 mins from Glasgow, plus better facilities than Motherwell. No doubt we will hear soon. Horrible pitch and ground Cowdenbeath but hey we stuck to it and won. Thought Balatoni had rest game considering how little game time he's had.

Happy as Larry tonight. Well done Jags, had horrible feeling that they might have sneaked it.

AJ

I think Rugby Park is certainty, an hour from Dumfries and 40 mins from Glasgow, plus better facilities than Motherwell. No doubt we will hear soon. Horrible pitch and ground Cowdenbeath but hey we stuck to it and won. Thought Balatoni had rest game considering how little game time he's had.

Happy as Larry tonight. Well done Jags, had horrible feeling that they might have sneaked it.

AJ

Rugby Park does make sense but I'd prefer it to be held at Fir Park - it is much easier to get to by train from Glasgow.

There are a couple factors to consider in choosing the venue.

1. Public transport - most fans will want to have a drink before/after the game.

2. Hospitality - this is our first final in over 40 years so we will want to make the most of it.

Good pre and post match entertainment would help fill the ground.

7th of april chico.can be any stadium not just sfl.so killie must be fav.

The SFL don't want it an SPL ground... So it will either be airdrie or livi.

Killie too big, maybe new st mirren park would be better suited at 8000 seats.

Either way it will be a gala of a day out. Hopefully both teams are pushing to win our respective leagues to get a bumper crowd.

Edit to add. Airdrie is a plastic pitch, livi is a wind tunnel, even with 2 corners filled in.

Edited by potty trained