Challenge Cup Final @ Livingston 7th April

twinny

Guess there must have been a few backhanders involved here..............definately dont think the fans of both clubs were takin into consideration......typical fukin blazers!

Looks like we will have to book into one of the supporters buses for this, as a half hour walk from the station could serious damage some of us old farts!!

Apart from one poster trying hard to wind us up and Grant for obvious reasons I can't imagine many fans of either club will be pleased with this choice of venue.

So you'd rather play it in Airdrie with a plastic pitch, and a similar lack of pre-match pubs?

It's not ideal, but given they are going to play it at an SFL ground, it's the best of a bad bunch.

The choice of ground could have a considerable bearing on the attendance. Rugby Park, even if it's a bit on the big side, would be the obvious choice bar the politics.

I don't suppose those that make the decision will give a hoot about Sunday travel difficulties or the whether the venue makes for a good day out. So if you rule out the SPL grounds, Hamilton (too small), Airdrie (plastic pitch), Ayr (for aesthetic reasons) then it kinda looks like a fun day out in West Lothian is on the cards. :(

That'll be sad if that's correct. Livingston would have a detrimental effect on attendance and playing on Airdrie's plastic pitch could effect team selection. We'll likely be playing two games a week around then, which could be a problem in itself, playing an additional match on an artificial pitch would only compound the problem.

So you'd rather play it in Airdrie with a plastic pitch, and a similar lack of pre-match pubs?Airdrie with a plastic pitch, and a similar lack of pre-match pubs?

It's not ideal, but given they are going to play it at an SFL ground, it's the best of a bad bunch.

Where the **** did you you get that idea from?

The only other realistic choice was Airdrie. Everyone seems to be moaning about Livingston, without providing a realistic alternative.

OK. I understand that perhaps the SFL and maybe the sponsors wouldn't wish to select Somerset Pk but that would be by far more popular a venue with both sets of supporters. The exclusion of SPL grounds such as in Kilmarnock, Motherwell or even Edinburgh should no longer apply. If serious discussions about amalgamation are indeed serious then the absolute least concern of the SFL should be "protecting" the venue of this competition.

Neither Falkirk or Dunfermline are my favourite grounds but at least both towns offer more of an attraction for a day out than Livinghell.

OK. I understand that perhaps the SFL and maybe the sponsors wouldn't wish to select Somerset Pk but that would be by far more popular a venue with both sets of supporters.

The sponsors and SFL want to show off their cup final in the best possible way. While Ayr may be the fans choice, it wasn't viable for two reasons.

1. Ayr United are at home on the 7th April. Playing two games in 24 hours doesn't produce the best pitch possible. We don't want a final played on a sub-standard pitch do we?

2. Public Transport links. While there is a direct train from teams towns to Ayr, there are also engineering works on both lines, with great regularity on Sundays. This would disrupt both fans travel to, and from the game.

The exclusion of SPL grounds such as in Kilmarnock, Motherwell or even Edinburgh should no longer apply. If serious discussions about amalgamation are indeed serious then the absolute least concern of the SFL should be "protecting" the venue of this competition.

The SFL are trying to keep monies generated in this competition in the SFL. They should be commended for this. Why make the "rich" of the SPL richer? Yes, it has been held in Perth recently when one of the finalists was from the Highlands. The final was also, scheduled, for winter so it made logical sense to have the game half way due to poor weather conditions.

Neither Falkirk or Dunfermline are my favourite grounds but at least both towns offer more of an attraction for a day out than Livinghell.

1. Falkirk and Dunfermline are further for QOTS fans to travel.

2. The capacity of The Falkirk Stadium is smaller than Livingston. People are already claiming that Livingstons 10,000 seats isn't "big enough". Why take 1,000 off that to play it at Falkirk?

3. Falkirk and Dunfermline are both playing at home on the 6th April. We go back to the two games in 24 hours argument.

I'm not saying Livingston is the best ever venue for a cup final, it's not, but it's the best of a poor bunch.

Falkirk was another realistic choice. The stadium holds over 9,000 and has better transport links.

The stadium is also smaller than Livingston. Why would you want less people to attend the final?

Livingston has the same number of train stations as Falkirk - Two.

• Like 1

Can anyone say which will be the ticket sale criteria for this match? Season-ticket holders only? Will there be any general sale when/if anymore tickets are available? More importantly, if this is the case, will we be able to purchase first and collect on matchday just before kick-off or is this very unlikely?

SJ.

Edited by Spanish Jag

Can anyone say which will be the ticket sale criteria for this match? Season-ticket holders only? Will there be any general sale when/if anymone tickets are available? More importantly, if this is the case, will we be able to purchase first and collect on matchday just before kick-off or is this very unlikely?

SJ.

Ticket information will be disclosed in due course. As far as i'm aware they are still working on allocation/pricing. [4,500 to QOTS and 5,500 to PT]

The stadium is also smaller than Livingston. Why would you want less people to attend the final?

Livingston has the same number of train stations as Falkirk - Two.

But it takes twice as long to get there from Glasgow. I'd be surprised if the crowd is bigger than 9,000. The game is the weekend after Easter and many folk will be away on holiday.

But it takes twice as long to get there from Glasgow. I'd be surprised if the crowd is bigger than 9,000. The game is the weekend after Easter and many folk will be away on holiday.

Then that's yet another positive. More drinking time on the train. Or, if you can be discreet, then you could have "dirty cokes" on a Supporters bus. Or you could not drink at all :shok:

I don't think the timing will have any relevance to the crowd. People who want a ticket will get one.

Livingston offers the biggest ground, to hold most fans, the best playing surface, since there will be no game on the day before. It's also the nearest to Dumfries, cutting down on unnecessary travel for QOTS fans.

Then that's yet another positive. More drinking time on the train. Or, if you can be discreet, then you could have "dirty cokes" on a Supporters bus. Or you could not drink at all :shok:

Livingston offers the biggest ground, to hold most fans, the best playing surface, since there will be no game on the day before. It's also the nearest to Dumfries, cutting down on unnecessary travel for QOTS fans.

Don't be ridiculous! :P

You can't actually get a train to Livingston on a Sunday from Dumfries in time for the game btw and it will take them about 3 hours if they were able to!

Don't be ridiculous! :P

You can't actually get a train to Livingston on a Sunday from Dumfries in time for the game btw and it will take them about 3 hours if they were able to!

You can get a bus from Dumfries to Carlisle on Sunday mornings. A train from Carlise to Livingston. Arrives just after 1pm. Can do the whole journey on the way back. Problem solved. :P

You can get a bus from Dumfries to Carlisle on Sunday mornings. A train from Carlise to Livingston. Arrives just after 1pm. Can do the whole journey on the way back. Problem solved. :P

Well there ya go! I think most will jump on a supporters bus as that sounds far easier! :)

I was annoyed when I heard it was Livingston but there is nothing you can do about it except make the most of it and have a great day out!

Well there ya go! I think most will jump on a supporters bus as that sounds far easier! :)

I was annoyed when I heard it was Livingston but there is nothing you can do about it except make the most of it and have a great day out!

A great day out in Livingston on a Sunday?

They may well do. I was just pointing out it was possible. :)

A great day out in Livingston on a Sunday?

Well there is nothing anyone can do now is there? We can have pages and pages of people complaining how dreadful Livingston is. Or just a crazy wee thought we could accept that it will be in Livingston and move on and look forward to a Thistle final.

Thistle are in a final, I don't care where it is being played as long as I am there. Now stop complaining. We all get it, Livingston is shit, nobody wants to go there ever, but we are there to support the team and that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Typical of Scottish football to say ....feck the fans !

Does anyone know what the Queens fans wanted as a venue ?

Feckin bet it wasn't there for sure,

My heart tells me there will be problems ahead with ticket allocations for this !

This is a big big game for both clubs and I can forsee in excess of 12K at this game to be honest.

Too small a venue for a final between two decently supported clubs.

Would be a shame for many fans if they missed it by being forced into a final in a restricted life sapping souless stadium !

Stadium is pretty decent. Its just the lack of pubs nearby that could be an issue. I enjoyed the recent league game. Got parked at Tony Macaronis then a 5 minute walk to the ground in time for a pint in the social club, pie and a programme and sat down facing the half way line in time for kick off. I fear the only repeat will be the stadium this time around :(

I wasn't driving by the way.

Edited by jagfox

For obvious reasons I'm delighted. It's about as close as I could get to Thistle playing a cup final in my back garden.

Just to compound a few myths though. Livi is right off junction 3 of the M8, has bus links to Glasgow and Edinburgh, has 2 train stations and contrary to what I've read on here does have a few pubs. I will be happy to provide info to anyone (supporters buses etc) as to where you can get a drink pre match.

Oh, and there will be the mother and father of all Jags related parties at mine when we win the cup. And we WILL win :-)