Challenge Cup Final @ Livingston 7th April

twinny

Possibly one of the funniest threads I've read.

Why is it do difficult to meet in Glasgow at lunchtime, have a few pints.

Leave on a supporters bus at 3pm.

At the ground for quarter to 4.

If we win, celebrate in the ground then straight on a bus back to maryhill for a few pints.

If we loose, straight on the bus and back to maryhill for a few pints.

Fact is, it's a great stadium, once you are inside it, and that's what the SFL care about. Why should they give 2 shits what the fans do before and after the game. That's down to us to show a bit of imagination.

I know about ten folk wanting to go to this, none of whom are season ticket holders. I am a regular and paid in to all home games bar one last season. This season I've missed three cup games and Hamilton in the league cup, otherwise I've been to all games home and away. Just because due to personal circumstances and choice I don't have a season book, should I not be able to get a ticket? The club is happy to take my money on a Saturday.

Well if it's season ticket holders that get priority, at least the 500 kids season ticket holders will be ok! :D

On a similar point I hope parents aren't priced out of talking their kids along to such a big game. A cup final coupled with the u16 initiative could cement a lot these children as Thistle fans for life. If we win they'll at least have bragging rights over their sevconian class mates :lol:

The Blackpool supporters branch vehicle will terminate in, em, Maryhill. Its punters will then avail themselves of the facilities of the Maryhill bus. If that's over subscribed, then either the Jordanhill or City Centre buses will be the order of the day, depending on their seating availability.

Re the venue: we're in the final, and we'll make it a day to remember whether it's being held in Livingston or Lithuania.

The Blackpool supporters branch vehicle will terminate in, em, Maryhill. Its punters will then avail themselves of the facilities of the Maryhill bus. If that's over subscribed, then either the Jordanhill or City Centre buses will be the order of the day, depending on their seating availability.

Re the venue: we're in the final, and we'll make it a day to remember whether it's being held in Livingston or Lithuania.

The Star & Garter Brake Club may well be in operation for this game.

Meet at shutters up.

Bus departs 3pm.

Back to the Star, to drown sorrows or welcome our heroes upon their return.

The Star & Garter Brake Club may well be in operation for this game.

Meet at shutters up.

Bus departs 3pm.

Back to the Star, to drown sorrows or welcome our heroes upon their return.

Well, Davie man, the Star & Garter bus it will be. This is a fact.

I should respectfully point out that there will be no sorrows to drown, only heroes to welcome. :drink2:

Not quite in agreement that the finals destination can not be changed. There is after all nearly 5 months to said final. If enough supporters make enough noise especially letting the sponsors know.

Although the SFL may wish an SFL destination historically it has been played in SPL grounds on numerous occassion. 8 times at McDermid, 4 times and Fir Park etc.

A great final needs two sets of supporters and I scratch my head to think how this venue does anything for the supporters of QOS.

Travel from Dumfries on a Sunday, a later kickoff, work the next day. I don,t think QOS will bring anymore that 3-4000

If it can,t be Rugby Park then I would argue for Somerset. I know it is a bit of a dump and probably just short on capacity (10,243). But when full it will have a crackin atmosphere. Supporters of both sets of teams will have an easier journey and a great day out with pubs, cafes, restaurants a plenty etc. The final should be an occassion and a day out for all supporters whether young ,old, bevy merchants, families etc and Livingston just doesn,t seem to tick any of these boxes

• Like 1

Not quite in agreement that the finals destination can not be changed. There is after all nearly 5 months to said final. If enough supporters make enough noise especially letting the sponsors know.

Although the SFL may wish an SFL destination historically it has been played in SPL grounds on numerous occassion. 8 times at McDermid, 4 times and Fir Park etc.

A great final needs two sets of supporters and I scratch my head to think how this venue does anything for the supporters of QOS.

Travel from Dumfries on a Sunday, a later kickoff, work the next day. I don,t think QOS will bring anymore that 3-4000

If it can,t be Rugby Park then I would argue for Somerset. I know it is a bit of a dump and probably just short on capacity (10,243). But when full it will have a crackin atmosphere. Supporters of both sets of teams will have an easier journey and a great day out with pubs, cafes, restaurants a plenty etc. The final should be an occassion and a day out for all supporters whether young ,old, bevy merchants, families etc and Livingston just doesn,t seem to tick any of these boxes

There are only 1,597 seats at Somerset. Some people still might like to stand at matches, but I reckon it's now a minority. Also, there are only two wee sheds at Somerset; if it's raining, at least half of the people forced to stand would get soaked. Sorry, but there's no way that ground should be used for a final.

I'd be all for Somerset, but realistically it's a non-starter.

You're right - Livingston offers virtually nothing.