Challenge Cup Final @ Livingston 7th April

twinny

The SFL don't want it an SPL ground... So it will either be airdrie or livi.

Killie too big, maybe new st mirren park would be better suited at 8000 seats.

Either way it will be a gala of a day out. Hopefully both teams are pushing to win our respective leagues to get a bumper crowd.

Edit to add. Airdrie is a plastic pitch, livi is a wind tunnel, even with 2 corners filled in.

Ibrox is a SFL ground...

Yes LMJ, you are correct, they have used an SPL ground in the past. Im unsure why you digress but very astute of you to spot that.

I am unaware if this fact has any bearing on their decision this year. But as I have said above...

The SFL do not want to hold this years final in an SPL ground and for our game v QOTS, their two choices at this moment are livi and airdrie.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Livingston made sense last season because it was between Hamilton and Falkirk, but Motherwell, Airdrie or Kilmarnock would be more likely this time round because they're somewhere between Glasgow and Dumfries. Really good it's between us and Queen's though, as we should get a bumper crowd if both teams are still doing well come April. We might bring down public transport in Ayrshire in the process, but worth it!

I know it would never happen, but I would so love the final to be held at Somerset Park. The atmosphere would be amazing there.

What sort of numbers for the final are we expecting? Loads of exiles and fans who rarely get the chance to go attending? I'd surprised if we had more than 5k, I hope I'm proven mightily wrong. We've always been told there is a strong dormant support, we'll see I suppose.

What sort of numbers for the final are we expecting? Loads of exiles and fans who rarely get the chance to go attending? I'd surprised if we had more than 5k, I hope I'm proven mightily wrong. We've always been told there is a strong dormant support, we'll see I suppose.

How many did we take to Hampden for the 2002 semi against the late Rangers? That might give us an idea, but I reckon we could easily break 5000.

I'm so happy tonight, it's been a great day. Brass Monkey erupted when the goal went it, pub was class as usual.

I've always maintained that us getting to the final of this competition could galvanize the support by bringing back lapsed fans. I'll put my neck out on the line here and say that I'd be surprised if we didn't take at least 5000 to the final. What a chance we have. April 7th - win,lose or draw will be a great day out.

Years and years of wanting us to at least have the chance to win this trophy has finally arrived. I'm just absolutely delighted.

For the sake and sanity of Scottish football, the final should definitely be played at Somerset. A packed house would be guaranteed, and it would offer the chance for TV viewers, of all persuasions, to see what live football used to be like in the days before it was captured by the elf'n'safety bureaucrats who know nothing about the game.

I know it's a long shot, but if our board could liaise with Queens over this issue to seek agreement, then maybe a joint approach to the SFL could see the final actually being held in Ayr?