Challenge Cup Final @ Livingston 7th April

twinny

The location is fine.

Does Livingston have pubs? Yes it does

Does Livingston have train stations? Yes, it has two

Is Livingston convenient for both QOTS and PTFC in terms of transport links? Yes

Deal with it and stop moaning.

Does it have a half-decent pub though?

I think you can only get a train to Livingston North on a Sunday, and that's more than a mile from Almondvale. It's also 53 minutes from Queen Street, stopping at every one-horse town in between.

I think you can only get a train to Livingston North on a Sunday, and that's more than a mile from Almondvale. It's also 53 minutes from Queen Street, stopping at every one-horse town in between.

Then more drinking time on the train. Easy peasy.

Get a taxi to the ground if you're too lazy to walk to the ground.

Problem solved.

I'm not passing up any opportunity to put the boot into Livingston :) .

Brilliant!

How about this - drink in Glasgow - get the last possible train and drink on the train and then jump in a taxi to the ground?

Or drink in Glasgow, get a supporters bus then you are in and out of Livingston as quick as possible and back in a pub in Glasgow in no time! Well not no time it too; the bus 45 minutes to escape that car park when there was only 1745 at the game, so getting out might a be a bloody pain but still.

Just enjoy us being in a bloody final!

Brilliant!

How about this - drink in Glasgow - get the last possible train and drink on the train and then jump in a taxi to the ground?

Or drink in Glasgow, get a supporters bus then you are in and out of Livingston as quick as possible and back in a pub in Glasgow in no time! Well not no time it too; the bus 45 minutes to escape that car park when there was only 1745 at the game, so getting out might a be a bloody pain but still.

Just enjoy us being in a bloody final!

Or not drink at all? Save it for after the game in celebration!

Considering I've spent this thread slagging off the town I wouldn't expect him to be too helpful...

Had a look on beerintheevening - doesn't look promising!

Right, I'm going to be nice to you here...

There are 5 pubs within walking distance of Almondvale (2 Wetherspoons in designer outlet, The Paraffin Lamp in The Centre, The Lime Kiln at the back of the ground and The Livingston Inn in Livi Village).

There's 2 pubs right next to Livi North trtain station (Grand central and The Saltire) and one in between Liv North and the stadium (Da Vinci's).

There's also Oscars at the back of the hospital (although more of an eating place, it does have a bar area for people who want to drink).

You can also get a drink in Toni Macaroni's at the roundabout next to the college as well so lets dispel the myth that you cant get a drink in Livi.

Right, I'm going to be nice to you here...

There are 5 pubs within walking distance of Almondvale (2 Wetherspoons in designer outlet, The Paraffin Lamp in The Centre, The Lime Kiln at the back of the ground and The Livingston Inn in Livi Village).

There's 2 pubs right next to Livi North trtain station (Grand central and The Saltire) and one in between Liv North and the stadium (Da Vinci's).

There's also Oscars at the back of the hospital (although more of an eating place, it does have a bar area for people who want to drink).

You can also get a drink in Toni Macaroni's at the roundabout next to the college as well so lets dispel the myth that you cant get a drink in Livi.

Cheers Grant. Livingston Inn may be best bet.

Watch out for having a drink on the train. It might not be a good idea to have that as part of a day out plan. Scotrail ban late night and early morning drinking now but they also ban it on any trains they consider to be getting used for football matches,special events etc. They are pretty zero tolerance now.

Edited by topcat

Watch out for having a drink on the train. It might not be a good idea to have that as part of a day out plan. Scotrail ban late night and early morning drinking now but they also ban it on any trains they consider to be getting used for football matches,special events etc. They are pretty zero tolerance now.

Do it to every away game. Never have a problem. Most conductors usually laugh and think your off your head for following Thistle and give you a wee good luck.

If they make a train no alcohol then there will be a sign up in the station and usually a wee bit of notice before hand. I hardly think though they will care enough about a "diddy" cup final in Livingston.

The alcohol ban is from 9pm at night till 10 am in the morning, So will not really be an issue for jags fans on this day.

The only problem you have really is it is ilegal to drink travelling to and from football in Scotland.

If they are pretty zero tolerance now then I must have missed something!

Edited by little_miss_jag

I'm not sure if the Challenge Cup Final will be considered big enough for an alcohol ban to ve honest.

I've only ever seen it being used for Scotland games and cup finals at Hampden and rugby internationals at Murrayfield.

Our first final in decades and the majority of discussion is about pubs and drinking. Scotland's booze culture continues.

What should we be discussing? Team news or tickets for a match 5 months away?

The only thing that is known right now is the venue so it's hardly a surprise people will discuss this and their options for what to do in the area before or after the game.

What should we be discussing? Team news or tickets for a match 5 months away?

The only thing that is known right now is the venue so it's hardly a surprise people will discuss this and their options for what to do in the area before or after the game.

I think Messi should partner Doolan in this game. He will be 3 months into his loan spell by this game, and will have improved his skills sufficiently and learned to play the Thistle way enough to merit a start. Erskine will keep our other loan signing Neymar on the bench though, despite his 11 goals in 7 games (2 starts, 5 sub appearances) and 11 assists stats, while Lawless will be aiming to score his 30th goal of the season in the final, with Fox seeking his 24th clean sheet of the season.

McNamara will be looking to get 3 goals in front as soon as possible, so he can ensure Doolan, Erskine and O'Donnell can be subbed and are still fresh and fit for the potential league winning game on Wednesday at home to Morton.

Tickets for the game will be changing hands at £500+ on ebay, while the demolition of Lidl beside the ground and building of a new 3,000 capacity "Thistle Tavern" Pub and 4,500 capacity fan zone, built specially for the Final will have been completed with 5 days to spare.

My biggest worry however is, will the Livi Stewards allow the 6,612 Thistle fans inside the ground to stand and sing for the entire match or will they be huckling out anyone who dares to stand for more than 0.6 seconds at a time?

We'll score at least 6 bytheway.

• Like 1

H. Wragg has kindly informed me that the Edinburgh via Shotts service will operate on Sundays from December onwards, so will have the choice of alighting at Livingston North or Livingston South.

H. Wragg has kindly informed me that the Edinburgh via Shotts service will operate on Sundays from December onwards, so will have the choice of alighting at Livingston North or Livingston South.

I checked too and can confirm that Harry is correct.

I seriously wouldn't recommend the Shotts line. Known to us as 'the Deliverence express' due to the amount of hick towns it stops at between Glasgow and Livi.