Levein - Sacked

kni

More dithering from the SFA - http://www.bbc.co.uk...tball/20161334.

"The uncertainty over Craig Levein's future as Scotland coach will continue over the weekend.

Discussions have been ongoing for days about his position.

But the BBC understands that the Scottish Football Association board now wants more information before making a final decision.

It has been conducting a campaign review over the past few days but cannot agree if his time is up and now want to deliberate over the weekend.

A decision is now expected on Monday - the day before Levein is due to name his squad for the upcoming friendly against Luxembourg."

Surely his record, especially 3 competitive wins out from 12 games (including 2 narrow victories against Liechtenstein), is enough information!

Edited by kni

He's obviously getting kept on. You could tell by the smug grin on his face the other night on Sportscene that he'd already been told his job was safe.

Fact is, he's in bed with Regan and has backed the SFA on everything since he's been in the job.

Having a yes man as manager is obviously more important to the SFA than qualifying for tournaments.

If Levein stays, I doubt I will ever attend a Scotland game again.

I never really understand that sort of thinking. Over a fifty year period I've seen more Scotland games managed by the weak, clueless, unprofessional and lazy than by the competent and dedicated.

Levein should go but I've absolutely no confidence in those idiot blazers who appointed him and Regan in the first place. As for his "smug grin" the other night that could just as easily be due to knowing a six figure pay off of his contract was imminent.

Trusting the same people, who gave Levein such a favourably one sided contract in the first place, to get it right and appoint a new manager of capability with a more performance related contract is about as long odds as Levein & Scotland turning things around on the park. Might as well give it a go but I've little faith we'll end up any better.

Because us mugs bought the campaign season tickets for Hampden, they got all the money up front so they couldn't be boycotted. The next time they come calling for ticket money..... that's when they'll get shot of Leveine because they'll have to. Scottish football fans are in a right bolshly mood these days with Sevco and what not.

Lady Izzy is right. The under lying problem is with the beaks at the SFA. It does not help that there is three organisations running our game. One association with qualified people running the relevant departments. Let's see an end to this cronyism and jobs for the boys mentality.

In all honesty i didn't see us finishing in the top two without a big bit of luck. Third spot was a realistic target and would have shown progression. Now with a bit of bad luck we are looking to avoid bottom spot.

If Levein was a club manager and you could correlate his results to those of a league manager he should be given his jotters. Of course he probably will be in charge for Luxemburg due to the afore mentioned cronyism :(

Should Levein be sacked or kept on?

A wee wummin across the road from me, who was in her late 80s, passed away peacefully the other day. She hadn't been well for a long time and rarely ventured outside the house. Should she be given a funeral, or should she be left sitting in in her chair in the living room where she was, seemingly, fond of watching Strictly Come Dancing on a Saturday evening?

Should Levein be sacked or kept on?

A wee wummin across the road from me, who was in her late 80s, passed away peacefully the other day. She hadn't been well for a long time and rarely ventured outside the house. Should she be given a funeral, or should she be left sitting in in her chair in the living room where she was, seemingly, fond of watching Strictly Come Dancing on a Saturday evening?

phuck me BJ - a real deep philosophical moment there - if you haven't been told before then please put Cantona's book away and never read it again!

as for Avril it's time for the P45

Edited by gianlucatoni

If he's bagged... I'd like to see Harry Redknapp get the job!

Christ Almighty! Old Harry Houdini himself in the Scotland job? His appointment would certainly shake things up, which is why I suppose it would never happen.

As for Levein, he has reached the point where everyone knows he's going to be sacked sooner or later - the results speak for themselves, and most of the fans have made up their mind, so it's preferable to just do it now rather than drag it out for another couple of tortuous games. This campaign is over, if we're being honest, it was over the minute the draw was made. Give the new man the rest of it to try and get some idea of how to get us to France in 2016 (and more importantly, to the Motherland in 2018!).

If Levein stays, I doubt I will ever attend a Scotland game again.

You know as well as everyone reading that this is just nonsense. Yes, we're crap just now and the manager is heading for the door. But if he isn't sacked until, say, the end of the campaign, you will never attend another Scotland game in your life? Don't be ridiculous.

No one else is interested? Not even Strachan, McLeish, Davies or Coyle?

They say they're not interested.

The SFA clowns say they are interested in them.

They say they're still not interested

The SFA clowns then say "what if we offer you a lengthy contract with none of that performance related target nonsense?"

They say "mmm, well maybe"

If he's bagged... I'd like to see Harry Redknapp get the job!

Harry would cost a fortune and he insists on commuting from his house near Bournemouth. The trip to the Spurs training ground was around 3 hours each way! Would the SFA want a manager commuting from Southampton airport (Bournemouth no longer has flights to Scotland)?

I never really understand that sort of thinking. Over a fifty year period I've seen more Scotland games managed by the weak, clueless, unprofessional and lazy than by the competent and dedicated.

Levein should go but I've absolutely no confidence in those idiot blazers who appointed him and Regan in the first place. As for his "smug grin" the other night that could just as easily be due to knowing a six figure pay off of his contract was imminent.

Trusting the same people, who gave Levein such a favourably one sided contract in the first place, to get it right and appoint a new manager of capability with a more performance related contract is about as long odds as Levein & Scotland turning things around on the park. Might as well give it a go but I've little faith we'll end up any better.

You know as well as everyone reading that this is just nonsense. Yes, we're crap just now and the manager is heading for the door. But if he isn't sacked until, say, the end of the campaign, you will never attend another Scotland game in your life? Don't be ridiculous.

If he stays, the SFA will have proven themselves to be even bigger diddies than even I gave them credit for. I should maybe rephrase and say I would never attend another Scotland game while Regan and his cronies are still in charge.

• Members

Harry would cost a fortune and he insists on commuting from his house near Bournemouth. The trip to the Spurs training ground was around 3 hours each way! Would the SFA want a manager commuting from Southampton airport (Bournemouth no longer has flights to Scotland)?

Ah so that's why the FA overlooked him for Roy Hodgson. He would have insisted on daily travel to Rio each day if England qualified for the next World Cup Finals! Big difference in the day to day world of Club football and the once in a blue moon world of International football.

Also, the cost shouldn't be restrictive if the SFA want to see the National team start qualifying for major tournaments no matter who is in the job!

Remember, 'arry has never written out a team sheet, or sent a text in his life. I presume, by extention, that he would be unlikely to cause any furore by posting inappropriately on Twitter.

A reasonable test of suitability - or otherwise - for the job would be 2 questions:

1) "Harry, if appointed, would you actually give a flying one for Scotland's future success?

2) Who is the manager of Partick Thistle?"

Ah so that's why the FA overlooked him for Roy Hodgson. He would have insisted on daily travel to Rio each day if England qualified for the next World Cup Finals! Big difference in the day to day world of Club football and the once in a blue moon world of International football.

Also, the cost shouldn't be restrictive if the SFA want to see the National team start qualifying for major tournaments no matter who is in the job!

The FA insisted that the new England manager should be based at its new training centre at Burton-onTrent. Hodgson has a wider range of responsibilities (e.g. young players) than just managing the senior England team. This article is a good summary - http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Commute-to-FA-Centre-could-rule-out-Redknapp-06032012.htm Redknapp has the best house on Sandbanks, one of the most expensive areas in the world.