Popping Your North Stand Cherry This Saturday?

potty trained

That wasn't what was asked. I'm not even sure of the relevance of it.

We can guess all we want, but if you ask the club then you'll get an accurate figure.

Oh, excuse me for making a suggestion.

Most of the speculation on this board may be worthless without accurate figures or information. Does that bother you as much?

Oh, excuse me for making a suggestion.

Most of the speculation on this board may be worthless without accurate figures or information. Does that bother you as much?

You quoted my post. What you posted was completely irrelevant to what i had said.

I was just answering his question.

The figure I was told was 550, whether that includes those who were decanted from the JH I don't know. Jim Alexander will maybe be along to clarify that.

Saturday was one of the best days I've ever had as a jags fan - and I thought long and hard before deciding that.

The Star & Garter before the game, rammed. Great atmosphere of anticipation. I actually remember saying I would take a point due to the players we had out.

Walking up Firhill Road we could see the queues outside the North Stand clearly - a good sign. When I got through the turnstiles I took a minute or 2 to take in the sight of a full Jackie Husband stand. Magnificent. Only then did I realise that we had so many in the North Stand as well.

The new flag was placed at the front of the stand near the Firhill Road side - it says "Amsterdam Jags" on it. The flag that was passed over the heads is about 10 years old, was kindly donated by James Hamilton at the start of this season.

the atmosphere in the north stand was simply unbelievable. Old faces, young faces, new faces, it was just superb. Every single goal was celebrated like an injury time winner - especially in the first half.

Then afterwards, the singing coming down Firhill Road was immense. Don't remember that happening for a good few years. I have to admit, after that it does get a bit hazey, can't imagine why...

The Star & Garter was bouncing though, everyone in the pub sang for about 2 hours straight. Then a load of other guys came in from Hospitality and it started all over again...

Edited by ian_mac

I've only made it to one home game so far this season and that was the Falkirk game, where I sat in the North Stand. Even then, when it wasn't very full, the atmosphere was the best I have experienced at Firhill since the Scottish Cup relay against the club formerly known as Rangers. I can only imagine how good it was on Saturday, and can't wait until the next home game I can make (Raith) to sample it again.

This is, without a doubt, the best move made at the stadium for atmosphere since it was redeveloped. Thank you to those that made it happen - I'm sure this has also made a massive difference to how well we're playing at home this season. 12th man indeed!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well done to all the singers in the North Stand yesterday. The vocal support was coming over loud and clear throughout the match.

Good big array of Thistle flags too. The big Amsterdam one was excellent!

I thought the backing was tremendous. Even when we were losing and everyone knew we were going out the cup. The fans still showed their appreciation for the continued efforts of the players and management team. It was always going to be important how we reacted to the first defeat at Firhill this season.

I thought the backing was tremendous. Even when we were losing and everyone knew we were going out the cup. The fans still showed their appreciation for the continued efforts of the players and management team. It was always going to be important how we reacted to the first defeat at Firhill this season.

And now the best possible way for the team to react will be to get a comprehensive victory at Cowdenbeath,.....although 1-0 will do if we can't do any better!