Ibrahimovic

Albert's Ghost

I hope Andy Gray was watching. Any time I've seen a match where Gray is commentating and Ibra is playing he's been slaughtered for the entire game. Think he played a CL game against English oppositiona couple of years ago and I remember Ibrahimovic tried some audacious stuff and Gray was calling it stupid, rubbish or a waste. England did similar things and it was worth the effort, a good try, etc. His ability speaks for itself and the titles he's won in every country he's played in say even more.

Guy in my work said it was luck :crazy:

Many years ago Gary Player that great golfer was being interviewed after a round and it was suggested that he was very lucky with all the iron shots to the green that seemed to land very close to the pin. Player agreed and said it was strange but the more he practiced the luckier he got.

Many years ago Gary Player that great golfer was being interviewed after a round and it was suggested that he was very lucky with all the iron shots to the green that seemed to land very close to the pin. Player agreed and said it was strange but the more he practiced the luckier he got.

Gary Player is the best bunker player that I have seen and he signed my autograph book too. :)

:head_ball: That goal wiz good but no as good as wan that ah scored many years ago playin' Scottish Amateur Fitba fur Whitehill when ah wiz

a slip of a lad at 18. Ah wiz facin' the other teams goalie and just stawnin' over the hauf way line when the baw hit me oan the back

o' ma heid. Ah wiz jist a wee bit stunned but still managed to turn roon an' flick the baw up in the air then wae ma back tae their goalie

ah jist feckin hit it as hard as ah could over the tap o' ma heid and the baw went sailin' straight intae the net at the postage stamp corner.

Jist wan o' the many brillyant goals ah scored in my Amateur career. So there! :rolleyes:

:head_ball: That goal wiz good but no as good as wan that ah scored many years ago playin' Scottish Amateur Fitba fur Whitehill when ah wiz

a slip of a lad at 18. Ah wiz facin' the other teams goalie and just stawnin' over the hauf way line when the baw hit me oan the back

o' ma heid. Ah wiz jist a wee bit stunned but still managed to turn roon an' flick the baw up in the air then wae ma back tae their goalie

ah jist feckin hit it as hard as ah could over the tap o' ma heid and the baw went sailin' straight intae the net at the postage stamp corner.

Jist wan o' the many brillyant goals ah scored in my Amateur career. So there! :rolleyes:

And then the alarm woke you up! :P

Way back in 1973 I was one of the coaches of Possil YC and we beat Whitehill in the final of the Secondary Juvenile Cup.

Way back in 1973 I was one of the coaches of Possil YC and we beat Whitehill in the final of the Secondary Juvenile Cup.

Ah wiz too good fur that team and played wae the big lads in the Scottish Amateur League Div 1 and Reserve League.

We won the Reserve League 3 yrs inna row + the Hall Cup + the Ball Trophy + The Scottish Reserve League Cup. So there!

Gary Player is the best bunker player that I have seen and he signed my autograph book too. :)

You were lucky to get an autograph off him. I went to watch the Sean Connery pro-am event in 1973(?) at Troon. I stood watching him on the practice putting green, amongst a fair sized wee crowd, when a lad of about 11 or 12 went up and asked him for his autograph. Well, feck me, he went mental and yelled at the wee fella (in his quaint South African twang) "Look son, do you disturb your father when he's at work?" ..."Eh, no, I don't"..."Right then, don't come here and disturb me while I'm at work!!!" :shok:

At that point I put my autograph book back in my pocket and sloped off. :wacko:

Like you, the older I get, the better I was

Seem to remember he got very lucky finding "his" ball at the 17th Lytham in '74. Excellent as that quote was, allegedly I don't think practice had much to do with that type of luck in that instance.