Partick 2-0 Livi - Sat 24Th Nov '12 - Livitv Match Highlights

LIVItv

Those highlights really showed how good Erskine is playing at the moment. It was a good game. 1sh half a bit scrappy but 2nd half we made the chances and got the goals. Livi tried to play some football although at times especially in 1st half they had 10 men solid behind the ball which we struggled with for a while.

Those highlights really showed how good Erskine is playing at the moment. It was a good game. 1sh half a bit scrappy but 2nd half we made the chances and got the goals. Livi tried to play some football although at times especially in 1st half they had 10 men solid behind the ball which we struggled with for a while.

100% agreement. Give me Erskine instead of Harkins any day.

I though it was going over. I was back in my seat when it hit the back of the net. From the reaction of the crowd, it wasn't just me. Sorcery, that's what it was!

I was in the North Stand and did not realise what a fantastic strike that it was until I had a look at the highlights (I knew it was good but not that good!). The highlights just show what a fantastic team we are when we get our noses in front in the game. I cannot remember when we had so many players who can produce that little bit of individual magic.

Very good quality video coverage. It looks pin sharp on full screen on my PC Monitor.

I therefore assume this footage was shot on their own kit as our Official Site quality did not match this? If so, what sort of money would it take to match our kit with theirs (given we could sell or part exchange our existing kit)?

I include in this the editing capabilities exercised to produce the final result.

Who knows, a fund raising effort might be mustered with Nomads quite possibly featuring highly?

Very good quality video coverage. It looks pin sharp on full screen on my PC Monitor.

I therefore assume this footage was shot on their own kit as our Official Site quality did not match this? If so, what sort of money would it take to match our kit with theirs (given we could sell or part exchange our existing kit)?

I include in this the editing capabilities exercised to produce the final result.

Who knows, a fund raising effort might be mustered with Nomads quite possibly featuring highly?

To be honest, our kit doesn't seem to be that bad. The picture quality is decent (not HD like Livi's, and it's 4:3 rather than 16:9, but good enough) and it's clearly a good camera because zoom and sound quality are excellent. Buying a new, HD professional camera would likely cost > £2000, which is probably more than the club has to spend on stuff like that.

To be honest, it's the editing which lets our coverage down. It's nice to get a team sheet at the start and a final score/goalscorers at the end at least, and it's something we don't have. I don't think it would be difficult to add either. There's an amazing piece of software called Openshot, which is a free and open source video editor, which could add that stuff.

To be honest, our kit doesn't seem to be that bad. The picture quality is decent (not HD like Livi's, and it's 4:3 rather than 16:9, but good enough) and it's clearly a good camera because zoom and sound quality are excellent. Buying a new, HD professional camera would likely cost > £2000, which is probably more than the club has to spend on stuff like that.

To be honest, it's the editing which lets our coverage down. It's nice to get a team sheet at the start and a final score/goalscorers at the end at least, and it's something we don't have. I don't think it would be difficult to add either. There's an amazing piece of software called Openshot, which is a free and open source video editor, which could add that stuff.

That's been my only criticism, the editing. On the whole it is decent, but adding team lines, names of scorers when they score, sign that it is the second half and replays where the sound isn't also replayed (as in the Livi footage, when they showed a replay the sound carried on). This isn't to say I'm not happy with what we have, I just think with these additions it would be almost worth paying for!

Well, the conversation above got me thinking, so I've spent the evening improving (I hope) the editing. I used the footage from the Thistle website, but added a few things like replays, a team sheet and a results screen at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWAV8Bp04JM&feature=youtu.be

edit: I couldn't work out how to embed from YouTube.

edit: The results screen should show the score in place of the "vs". Too late to do anything about it now.

Edited by Lin1876

Well, the conversation above got me thinking, so I've spent the evening improving (I hope) the editing. I used the footage from the Thistle website, but added a few things like replays, a team sheet and a results screen at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWAV8Bp04JM&feature=youtu.be

edit: I couldn't work out how to embed from YouTube.

edit: The results screen should show the score in place of the "vs". Too late to do anything about it now.

Brilliant.

Can you fill the main stand?

Good edit Lin :)

Cheers. I've changed/fixed a couple of little things since I put it up (specifically, the score screen actually shows the score, and the replays come a few seconds later), and something horrible happened to the quality somewhere along the line, but I'm glad people like it.

That editing certainly helps - good job and thanks Lin1876 for all your efforts.

That HD camera of Livi's does capture sharp pictures tho'.

So if quality depends on the purchase of a HD camera at around £2K what would need to be raised by (any interested) fans if the existing camera was sold or used in part exchange? I ask this as I never considered requesting the club spend a penny on this when we're focussed on winning promotion - but the Nomads do have a track record of finding money down the back of sofas.

Edited by Shuggie