Sporting Solutions - Enough Is Enough

ian_mac

We are talking about the company who are responsible for stewarding and catering at Firhill.

Lets start with catering. The problems have been well documented and the club are fully aware of the issues. Instead of things improving they are actually getting worse. Long queues, ineffective queing systems and consistently running out of things on the menu - including hot water. Numerous times this has been highlighted since the start of the season. Action? None. Can anyone tell me what kind of arrangement the club have with regards to catering? Why are there no signs of improvement when the same issues are highlighted on a weekly basis?

Stewarding: Today, a supporter in the north stand was told by a steward that he would be arrested if he ever brought his flag to the game again. The flag in question was a lion rampant which said FTOF on it.

Lets open it up - what are everyone else's thoughts on stewarding and catering?

Behind the goal there were only two people serving food, and despite heading down almost straight away at half time, it was almost 10 minutes into the 2nd half by the time I got served. And there were still loads of folk behind me.

Was pretty clear they needed one more person behind there.

Next home game boycott it in protest..the catering has gone right down the sh itter in my work and thats what we are doing...they will soon buck up their idea's if NOTHING is sold.

The problem is here that they think they have you over a barrell as you can't go elsewhere...this does not mean you should be served sh it food and drink at over inflated prices and have to wait 15 minutes for the pleasure!

Next home game boycott it in protest..the catering has gone right down the sh itter in my work and thats what we are doing...they will soon buck up their idea's if NOTHING is sold.

The problem is here that they think they have you over a barrell as you can't go elsewhere...this does not mean you should be served sh it food and drink at over inflated prices and have to wait 15 minutes for the pleasure!

Totally agree. Unless people vote with their feet there's no incentive to change. However, if there's a 30% drop in customers the queues will get better and people will comment on the improved service, even though no there has been no change at their end, and in 3 weeks we'll be back to the usual crap.

Just out of interest - what's the club's policy on letting people bring food to the game? I understand why they need to have a blanket ban on liquids, but surely a sandwich is okay?

I brought a bag of chips and a carton of Ribena to a mid week game once, steward who searched my bag didn't seem to mind.

I agree with Chico - not buying it is the simplest way to get a message across. I haven't bought anything for weeks because it was so hit and miss. One week the pie is overcooked, the next it is undercooked. The juice in the North stand is warm and flat, the option of water seems to have also disappeared.

OneThistle were listening but what ever happened to the "just out" threads each week? Did they get fed up with peoples complaints?.

Stewarding: Today, a supporter in the north stand was told by a steward that he would be arrested if he ever brought his flag to the game again. The flag in question was a lion rampant which said FTOF on it.

Impossible, if the letters are the reason. They simply stand for Follow Thistle On Facebook.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 1

Felt sorry for the lad in the North Stand stall, his mate had to go and deliver stuff to the disabled folk which left him trying to cope. Coffee I got was lukewarm which didn`t help. Message to Onethistle and Board any chance of a TV showing match for the waiting punters ?

When the club put the catering out to tender, they "should have" put some stipulations in the contract or KPI's as they are known, basically a minimum level of service required to satisfy the terms of the contract. These should include maximum price, standard of food, minimum manning level per kiosk, minimum maintenance level of equipment (ovens, urns etc), food & drink stock levels etc (Especially for non short term perishables & standard replenishables like hot water), as for the queing system a standard LEAN exercise done in any other industry showing flow, bottlenecks, point of use etc will sort most of that out

OneThistle were listening but what ever happened to the "just out" threads each week? Did they get fed up with peoples complaints?.

Simple answer is that onethistle are not responsible for catering. Sporting Solutions are. The catering situation has been monitored on a game by game basis. All issues have been reported to the club, numerous times.

To suggest that onethistle have got "fed up" with peoples complaints is spectacularly unfair and not true at all IMO. The guys have been on here many times and stated that all correspondance is fed back to the club. You are on here a fair bit, so I'm surprised that you've even suggested this.

Simple answer is that onethistle are not responsible for catering. Sporting Solutions are. The catering situation has been monitored on a game by game basis. All issues have been reported to the club, numerous times.

To suggest that onethistle have got "fed up" with peoples complaints is spectacularly unfair and not true at all IMO. The guys have been on here many times and stated that all correspondance is fed back to the club. You are on here a fair bit, so I'm surprised that you've even suggested this.

I am not suggesting it, I am just raising the question. I am on here a fair bit and just wondered why the "just out" thread stopped. It was a good way for fans to raise any issues they have had at the game. I personally haven't seen an improvement with Catering as the season as gone on and have given up buying anything.

That's almost up there with confettigate in its stupidity.

I don't know from your wording, Ian, if the steward was relaying a message from further up the food chain or was powered by his own steam. Either way it's sheer nonsense.

That's almost up there with confettigate in its stupidity.

I don't know from your wording, Ian, if the steward was relaying a message from further up the food chain or was powered by his own steam. Either way it's sheer nonsense.

I'm not sure either LIB but it was definitely the steward that made the threat. The guy in question is an absolute die-hard jags fan who travels a fair distance just to make the home games. Great way to treat a supporter.

There was a young guy who was ejected yesterday as well for shouting at Gallagher in the first half. I've heard today he has been banned from Firhill and is due in court (yes, court) in january.

He's part of a group of around 20-25 young guys who are there every week, home and away. Always starting songs and getting behind the team. Not in anyway shape or form could they be described as troublemakers. There is now talk of them standing firm with their mate and not returning to Firhill until he does, instead only going to away matches. So there you go, over-zealous stewarding and policing having a direct impact.

There was a young guy who was ejected yesterday as well for shouting at Gallagher in the first half. I've heard today he has been banned from Firhill and is due in court (yes, court) in january.

He's part of a group of around 20-25 young guys who are there every week, home and away. Always starting songs and getting behind the team. Not in anyway shape or form could they be described as troublemakers. There is now talk of them standing firm with their mate and not returning to Firhill until he does, instead only going to away matches. So there you go, over-zealous stewarding and policing having a direct impact.

To be fair, he was asking for trouble by running to the barrier at the front, reaching over and screaming abuse at Gallagher (who, to his credit, seemed to find it quite funny). I'm not saying he deserves a life ban (or a criminal charge), but to do what he did was pretty stupid. In any case, I'd imagine that it was the police and not the stewards who dictated how the issue was dealt with.

Edited by 1971

We are talking about the company who are responsible for stewarding and catering at Firhill.

Lets start with catering. The problems have been well documented and the club are fully aware of the issues. Instead of things improving they are actually getting worse. Long queues, ineffective queing systems and consistently running out of things on the menu - including hot water. Numerous times this has been highlighted since the start of the season. Action? None. Can anyone tell me what kind of arrangement the club have with regards to catering? Why are there no signs of improvement when the same issues are highlighted on a weekly basis?

Lets open it up - what are everyone else's thoughts on stewarding and catering?

Yes the catering is really bad lately, i had to throw away half a cold scotch pie and the mince meat in the pie tasted off, i should have taken it back but i could not be bothered to stand in the long queue again, i won't be buying from them again! :thumbdown: the service sucks!

I suppose I’ve been ”boycotting” food at Firhill for a long time now. The food is crap so I don’t buy it, just as I’d do with a chippy or any other food outlet.

I am in the stadium for a max of about two hours so it’s no big deal. Actually when I look around I see lots of people who seem to quite like the food, also, why would there be such long queues at the stalls.

What incentive do the caterers have to change when they even sell-out of some things. Is it called market forces.