Sporting Solutions - Enough Is Enough

ian_mac

So for me the issue stems from management, and as such the responsibility for the complete failure of Sporting Solutions and their areas of responsibility lays firmly at the door of Ken Davies.

Buck stops with the people at the club who put Sporting Solutions in place. They put the company in, they can get the company out.

Buck stops with the people at the club who put Sporting Solutions in place. They put the company in, they can get the company out.

Exactly.

I really dont see what the issue is... OneThistle have provided countless amounts of feedback. the product is not good enough. The service being provided is far from acceptable. Action needs to be taken.

If the club are not willing to, then the fans need to... if that means hitting Sporting Solutions in the pocket, so be it.

Can anything really be done before the end of the season?

Do these contracts not get arranged on a season by season basis, making getting rid of them mid-season near impossible?

Can anything really be done before the end of the season?

Do these contracts not get arranged on a season by season basis, making getting rid of them mid-season near impossible?

Not sure how long the contract is Gsus, it may be longer, so may run into and include next season.

Thats between the club and Sporting Solutions.

But i would hope (as Norge suggested) that KPI's are in place and that if the contract did include next season that this was reviewed in the close season with an option to walk away and put out to tender.

If there isn't such a review in place then it really is down to us the customers to make our voices heard.

Fans have a voice, you can sit behind your keyboard and complain about it on a saturday night, but as long as the Club are getting their money paid once a year, will they care?

as long as folk queue for a pie and bovril, will Sporting Solutions care?

Not sure how long the contract is Gsus, it may be longer, so may run into and include next season.

Thats between the club and Sporting Solutions.

I'm pretty sure that there will be clauses in the contract to scrap the deal at the end of each season.

Failure to include these clauses would be negligent.

Well would we better running it ourselves with volunteers and cut out the middle man??

The club struggles to get enough volunteers as it is on a matchday, this would be virtually impossible imo. There has been numerous appeals for volunteers on the official site & nothing has ever really came from it. I know onethistle has volunteers but they run separately from those who sell programmes, help with press, sell 50/50 tickets etc.

I'm pretty sure that there will be clauses in the contract to scrap the deal at the end of each season.

Failure to include these clauses would be negligent.

Given SS appear to perform a number of important roles for the club; stewarding, catering, bar, hospitality & also rent office space. I'm not so sure scrapping the deal would necessarily be beneficial to the club, or even possible.

Given how many roles they perform for the club it could be a very profitable deal for the club or one that is difficult to quantify financially in terms of whether we are better off outsourcing the functions that we do. Margins are always squeezed in business & I'm sure deals like this are no different.

If fans boycott the catering does this mean in turn Thistle get paid less? I have no idea, also not saying fans should put up with substandard goods or services. I guess we'll never really know the terms of the deal or how any actions the fans take affect the club.

Just thinking back to the days of the Shed, we had 1 pie stall, sold pies, bovrils, quenchy cups and mars bars, queues were ok and food was good, we never had these problems, maybe basic is better

To be fair though, the long wait for a pie in the old days of the shed was much more bearable because you could still watch the match while you were waiting.

You could even get a macaroon bar or some spearmint chewing gum without even leaving the spot your were urinating standing on.

To be fair though, the long wait for a pie in the old days of the shed was much more bearable because you could still watch the match while you were waiting.

Meanwhile being warmly pleasured by a long john double double*

To the point, that's why imo it's important to get those tellies on. Means more folk will queue before half time and help alleviate the half time queue. Also one of the few benefits of New Douglas Pk where you can queue and watch the game at the same time.

*there'll be a few on here that won't have a scooby what that means. :)

I'm not convinced that basic is better norgethistle, that was the days before healthy eating had been discovered and nobody had figured out why the whole of Scotland had heart disease yet. Unfortunatley although the range of butter, ground animal genitalia and chocolate has been widened we still seem to be stuck with only artery clogging junk. I bet McNamara would go spare if he found any of the players eating what's on offer to the fans.

Getting the tellys back on would be a start too, the food's certainly not worth missing 10 minutes of something you've paid £17 to watch.

Edited by scottymagoo