Where Will We Finish?

jdwishbone

Like a previous poster i agree almost to the word

robbo, rowser, archie, will be consistent and dependable but can they be good every week?

cairney is the potential in the squad and the one who if he screws the nut can go on and better himself, but thats a big "if"

buchanan too injury prone, ive almost given up, but if he hits form most teams will fear him.

MacBeth has to come good this season, somethin has to happen with the youngsters, even winning the challenge cup with 3-4 u-19s playing or somethin would be great. Not too optimistic this season, still have faith in McCall Britton Cameron Donnelly McNamara long term to give us good youngsters and be back in the premier league in 5 years, we are thistle, have faith my friends and stick by the cause!

Like a previous poster, pret

Archie was consistently very poor last season. For an experienced player you wouldnt have thought it in comparison to Robertson or Rowson. A great player in his day, completely disappointing last season.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Objective assessment of were we currently are, objective? Really?

Yes. You know, setting aside the slavish devotion I mentioned and examining the merits of the players on our books, the skills of our management team, the financial state of the club and comparing it to our rivals.

Don't get me wrong, perpetual doom-mongers that refuse to see even the smallest chink of light are just as bad, but acting as though there's nowt to fear when it's clear things are nearing the desperate stage is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "la, la, la, la."

Yes. You know, setting aside the slavish devotion I mentioned and examining the merits of the players on our books, the skills of our management team, the financial state of the club and comparing it to our rivals.

Don't get me wrong, perpetual doom-mongers that refuse to see even the smallest chink of light are just as bad, but acting as though there's nowt to fear when it's clear things are nearing the desperate stage is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "la, la, la, la."

There are some who are objective but others who aint, lennythistle is obviously sick of hearing the non-objective ones.

Agree with your 2nd paragraph.

There are some who are objective but others who aint, lennythistle is obviously sick of hearing the non-objective ones.

Agree with your 2nd paragraph.

your right Steven mate, I am sick of the non objective ones.

For the record I do have my concerns (size of squad, lack of a goalkeeper, I like hinchy as a coach, not first choice) and I've sent an email to Allan Cowan to express them, to which i've had a reply.

I don't share some of the utterly derisive and non constructive views on the club at the moment. I do feel there is some young talent at Firhill and some of the current squad , I believe, to be very good players. Yes there was a dip in form around xmas last season but the same lads were playing some excellant football earlier, which some either have forgotten or refuse to acknowledge.

Seems to me that only those who want to run the club down or trash talk it want to be heard on these forums. I don't think all is great, but I wont be bullied or indeed sit back and allow some of the yobs on here to have it all their own way.

Sure I'll have upset a few with my tone, but hell, they don't seem to care one bit bout who they abuse or slag off, so tough, it seems to be the only language some on here understand.

And you can say that with confidence why?

Original thread was asking where we thought we'd finish. I happen to think we can finish 5th. Didn't realise I had to give reasons why ? But main reason is because I think we are better than the teams I mentioned will finish below us. Guess time will tell if im right or not.

Well i try to keep things in perspective.

Were there not a number of 1-0 defeats last season ? That can be turned around and i'm hoping the lads have learnt from some of the mistakes made.

Seen a lot worse from thistle over the years than i saw last season.

Some of the stuff written on such forums has been way over the top.

Not for one minute suggesting all is great but is it really as bad as some , like yourself, would have us believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Those worried about our position come the end of the season should cast an eye towards Queens. They currently have nine fit first-team players and, judging by Brannigan's comments on the latest podcast, a manager who's completely at odds with his BoD over the size of his squad.

It seems all the money the made during their Scottish Cup/European run has dried up, as has Davie Rae's support on the signing front. Worrying times for the Doonhamers.

im saying we'll finish 7th, with raith, cowden and stirling finishing below us. i fancy morton to do alot better this year to be honest with a manger who knows what hes doing, we've not got enough goals in the team to be near a top half finish with falkirk, dundee,dunfermline,ross co, QOtS all finishing above us without a doubt.

if buchanan gets injured which is inevitable then were screwed royally, if it ends up serious and hes out for 6 months+ then its looking like relegation im afraid, we might be able to pass a team off the park but cant convert that into goals.

As poor as we look, one thing baffles me.

The confidence of teams like Morton. Last I checked they barely stayed up, lost a couple of pretty handy players and are signing shite like David O'Brien and Stewart Kean. They don't even have one of the unknown French guys to pin their hopes on either now.

8th, just ahead of Cowden and the binos, behind Raith and so far behind Morton that they're out of sight. If Buchanan spends half the season on the treatment table, then forget even that.

Oh, and the Gyppoi a cert for the 3rd, and Maryhill's other team (for those seeking a bargain - a quarter the price, but twice the entertainment) double cert for the 2nd at Junior level.

Those worried about our position come the end of the season should cast an eye towards Queens. They currently have nine fit first-team players and, judging by Brannigan's comments on the latest podcast, a manager who's completely at odds with his BoD over the size of his squad.

It seems all the money the made during their Scottish Cup/European run has dried up, as has Davie Rae's support on the signing front. Worrying times for the Doonhamers.

Are Queen of the South carrying much of a debt?

Are Queen of the South carrying much of a debt?

Thought I read somewhere of a £500K loss last season. I've not a scooby how that transfers into overall debt. They had that great cup run quite recently and must have picked up a bob or two from the league cup tie with rangers last season. Was that televised?