Mcnamara Suspended

little_miss_jag

Usual joke from the SFA. I really despair about the idiots that officiate and run our game.

How is it a joke?

He got sent to the stand v Accies, which carries a statutory two game ban. He had a one game ban hanging over him for being sent to the stand last year(can't remember exact game).

Name me a single manager, in Scotland, who hasn't had a touchline ban in their first two seasons in charge.

How is it a joke?

He got sent to the stand v Accies, which carries a statutory two game ban. He had a one game ban hanging over him for being sent to the stand last year(can't remember exact game).

Name me a single manager, in Scotland, who hasn't had a touchline ban in their first two seasons in charge.

Perhaps since we appealed it, the club thought the sending off was harsh. The overhanded way the SFA deal with these matters is a joke. See their treatment of Steve Lomas as an example.

What time of the game did he get sent to the stand, he could use Kenny Shiels logic

http://www.bbc.co.uk...aign=sportsound

Kenny Shiels certainly talks a lot of rubbish, but the world needs folk like him who stick two fingers up at the establishment. Makes the game more entertaining at least.

Unfortunately, Jackie was sent off well into the 2nd half against Hamilton.

Just to pick up on the alleged lack of discipline. Looking at league games alone it is interesting to note that with just 11 cautions we have collected at least seven (and in the case of Airdrie United 24) fewer yellow cards than any other First Division side.

Murray's red card at Forfar and Muirhead's last Saturday were for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity (or whatever it's called) and is part and parcel of modern football. Craig's against Cove was silly, Murray, IMO, probably shouldn't have gone into the challenge at Morton having already been booked and Paton's I reckon was frustration rather than malice.

Kenny Shiels certainly talks a lot of rubbish, but the world needs folk like him who stick two fingers up at the establishment. Makes the game more entertaining at least.

Unfortunately, Jackie was sent off well into the 2nd half against Hamilton.

Shiels talks interesting stuff at times but in this case he's just being a tosser.

Edited by H Wragg

Just to pick up on the alleged lack of discipline. Looking at league games alone it is interesting to note that with just 11 cautions we have collected at least seven (and in the case of Airdrie United 24) fewer yellow cards than any other First Division side.

Murray's red card at Forfar and Muirhead's last Saturday were for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity (or whatever it's called) and is part and parcel of modern football. Craig's against Cove was silly, Murray, IMO, probably shouldn't have gone into the challenge at Morton having already been booked and Paton's I reckon was frustration rather than malice.

Fair enough on the relatively few yellow cards that we've received. However, I'd think that other teams would also claim that some of their red cards were harsh, silly, or otherwise excusable.

Fair enough on the relatively few yellow cards that we've received. However, I'd think that other teams would also claim that some of their red cards were harsh, silly, or otherwise excusable.

:unsure:

Not suggesting that they won't. Just challenging the notion that there is any great disciplinary problem at the club.

Is there really any point in sending a manager to the stand nowadays? They can stay in touch with the dugout using a phone or walkie-talkie, and get a better view of the game too.

It means that instructions don't come from the horse's mouth and decisions take longer, but it's not the punishment it once was.

Is there really any point in sending a manager to the stand nowadays? They can stay in touch with the dugout using a phone or walkie-talkie, and get a better view of the game too.

I also think it's a trivial form of punishment. Clubs usually fine their players for poor discipline. Does that extend to managers?

Of greater interest is the decision for McKenna the QOS player - wrongfully sent off after 2 mins and his team lost 2-1.

It could be argued that an incompetent referee had undue influence on a "one-off/cup result - jings even that bozo Kenny Shiels soad it was a bad decision and it was in his team's favour!

Of greater interest is the decision for McKenna the QOS player - wrongfully sent off after 2 mins and his team lost 2-1.

It could be argued that an incompetent referee had undue influence on a "one-off/cup result - jings even that bozo Kenny Shiels soad it was a bad decision and it was in his team's favour!

It was downgraded to a yellow card. Therefore he won't be banned. :huh:

Got some advice for Jackie, join the lads in the North stand , keep in touch via mobile or walkie talkie with the bench and relay clear instructions for the team , especially telling them not to piss about dangerously with cross passing along our 18 yard line !! seriously great view of the game and wonderful atmosphere in the new stand along with the choir boys !!!

It was downgraded to a yellow card. Therefore he won't be banned. :huh:

Maybe not but since he was wrongly sent off in the first minue of the natch, it vastly affected the outcome of the match. Something Mr Shields doesn't seem to be making as much a song and dance about. Strange, that.

As far as I know, if a coach/manager is suspended, he's not allowed to be in contact with the players or other coaches immediately before, during or after the game.