Ramsdens Cup Tickets

little_miss_jag

I know we are selling flags for 2 quid but these are 3ft x 5ft and cost £2.89 . Buy in bulk to save postage. http://www.amazon.co...=A3AI6VNMBE48LI

Actually I had to look twice to see if the £2 flags on sale last night were the real McCoy. Tiny wee things, with nothing to indicate the occasion. I'd hope to see the club come up with something better. (For example, remember the Lion Rampant with the Jags name, for the semi against the snuh?: Excellent!)

I am a little disappointed by some of the comments on this thread, certainly the one about neutrals.

I know season ticket holders are very important to the club, they pay their money up front and give the club a chance to budget accordingly for the season ahead, I think its only right that they get first option on anything the club are doing. But the fan who shows up 6 times a year and pays at the gate is just as important. The guy who shows up once a season for that big game or when he is back in Glasgow is important. The fan who doesn't go to games but says with pride which football team he supports "Partick Thistle" is important.

Each different person gives something to thistle and should not be put down for their level of support. We are all in this together so lets accept each other and stop this constant " i'm a better fan than you" (which sadly has being going on since the early day of the ptfc.net forum and probably the days before the internet).

I hope the fans who dont go to the games but are going to cup final are inspired to attend at least another game this season (hopefully the title winning day) and i also hope that when the come on here they dont get abuse as is sadly too often seen. The mention of these people being glory hunters is ludicrous. I would seriously question anyone's intelligence if they ever believe you can get a glory hunting Partick Thistle fan??

To the guys on here who haven't got tickets yet i really do hope we get some more tickets as seeing so many thistle fans will be a great day.

• Like 6

But the fan who shows up 6 times a year and pays at the gate is just as important. The guy who shows up once a season for that big game or when he is back in Glasgow is important. The fan who doesn't go to games but says with pride which football team he supports "Partick Thistle" is important.

Each different person gives something to thistle and should not be put down for their level of support. We are all in this together so lets accept each other and stop this constant " i'm a better fan than you" (which sadly has being going on since the early day of the ptfc.net forum and probably the days before the internet).

To the guys on here who haven't got tickets yet i really do hope we get some more tickets as seeing so many thistle fans will be a great day.

You're right. All Thistle fans are important, as they can potentially help the club, and they all share a basic bond. And the final will be a great day.... OK, it's not the Scottish Cup Final or the League Cup Final, but it will be an all-too-rare occasion to celebrate Thistleness (and Queenery, for QoS fans).

As you say, we are all in this together, but this is where I diverge from your view........ Some of us are indisputably in "this" (i.e., Thistle) more than others. Let me confess right away that I'm nowhere near the top tier of guys who sacrifice a lot of their time and financial resources to keep PTFC afloat. But I, for one, am immediately ready to acknowledge the outrageous efforts and sacrifices made by some Thistle supporters to further the aims of their team. Many times I wish I could do more. But unlike those guys, I'm basically an amateur.

I agree Jaggernaut and I probably wasn't clear enough of the importance of the season ticket holder/ people who attend every game home and away, The guys that give up their time for fund raising and events. These people are the life and blood of Thistle and without them (ala save the jags) we not even have a club. But i disagree in the treatment of fans who have clearly made the best decision in life to be thistle fans.

We should be encouraging people to come along not discouraging.

My view on this (I've had about a dozen people messaging me pleading for me to add my point of view, so here you go) is simple. There are some real hardcore fans in our support, the majority of them will already have tickets. There will be a very small minority who, for whatever reason, do not - and I genuinely feel for them. However, the club have sold these tickets in the best way they possibly could. You could grab two as a season ticket holder, book hospitality, buy the 9-matches package or try your luck at the general sale. Plenty of different avenues for all different types of fans. The club have done well.

Let's not start turning on each other/on anyone who comes along to Firhill. We should welcome anyone who wants to come watch us and I even bring a "Rangers supporting" [ie. he doesn't go to any of their matches - just a glory hunter really] [& don't worry he doesn't have a ticket] mate now and again (he's made 3 matches this season) and he absolutely loves it. I'd hate for him to have a read at this and think he doesn't belong at Firhill; based on some views expressed here. There are all types of different football fans and the club have embraced them all in the correct order and manner.

I agree Jaggernaut and I probably wasn't clear enough of the importance of the season ticket holder/ people who attend every game home and away, The guys that give up their time for fund raising and events. These people are the life and blood of Thistle and without them (ala save the jags) we not even have a club. But i disagree in the treatment of fans who have clearly made the best decision in life to be thistle fans.

We should be encouraging people to come along not discouraging.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

This could be a cup final with both clubs trying to win a double this season, pity we have 3 first team players ruled out due to suspension and being cup tied it will really test our very small squad. I am really looking forward to the match and am pleased to say there have been no problem at all getting tickets for the Queens end.

Mind you this will be my FIFTH national cup Finàl in twenty years following queens.

My view on this (I've had about a dozen people messaging me pleading for me to add my point of view, so here you go) is simple. There are some real hardcore fans in our support, the majority of them will already have tickets. There will be a very small minority who, for whatever reason, do not - and I genuinely feel for them. However, the club have sold these tickets in the best way they possibly could. You could grab two as a season ticket holder, book hospitality, buy the 9-matches package or try your luck at the general sale. Plenty of different avenues for all different types of fans. The club have done well.

Let's not start turning on each other/on anyone who comes along to Firhill. We should welcome anyone who wants to come watch us and I even bring a "Rangers supporting" [ie. he doesn't go to any of their matches - just a glory hunter really] [& don't worry he doesn't have a ticket] mate now and again (he's made 3 matches this season) and he absolutely loves it. I'd hate for him to have a read at this and think he doesn't belong at Firhill; based on some views expressed here. There are all types of different football fans and the club have embraced them all in the correct order and manner.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Ryan Mcguffie, Kevin Holt, suspended and Paul Burns cup tied. Any suspensions or otherwise with your team?

None unless any of our players are daft enough to get a red for violent conduct in the league game prior to the final (which isn't beyond the realms of possibility)

My best mate supports Queens so I'll be emigrating if we lose this one.

How's Aaron Muirhead doing with you's noticed he was match winner and mom last night, he was class above at Annan, mind him working for ex Queens player Billy Sim's building firm in and around Dumfries.

He's been outstanding at centre half. Looks like he could play there at a higher level than SFL1 (hopefully he will with us next season). Was covering at right back while O'Donnell was out but wasn't as effective there. Delighted to see him back in his best position last night.

How's Aaron Muirhead doing with you's noticed he was match winner and mom last night, he was class above at Annan, mind him working for ex Queens player Billy Sim's building firm in and around Dumfries.

Great prospect. Could have earned more money staying part-time and brick-laying but wanted to play full-time. McNamara seemed to sell the club to him. Rumours that Celtic have had him watched. Think he's related to Billy. Also Davie Irons. It seems a close net community down there :P

Great prospect. Could have earned more money staying part-time and brick-laying but wanted to play full-time. McNamara seemed to sell the club to him. Rumours that Celtic have had him watched. Think he's related to Billy. Also Davie Irons. It seems a close net community down there :P

I share an office with someone from that part of the country. When we come across six fingered gloves in the office, we know who they belong to.

• Like 1

As someone pointed out above there were numerous ways to secure a ticket. Season ticket holder, 9 game package and hospitality. What would any of the moaners have done differently?

You will get a ticket no bother, people will have spares and we will more than likely get other sections allocated to us.

I am sure all true thistle fans will get a ticket for the final, don't think Queens will fill there allocation,

Remembering the huge suppport they took to the Scottish Cup Final a few years aI'm not so sure. But then, Ramsdens doesn't have quite the same cachet - and besides the Queen's have won the thing once before have they not?