Ramsdens Cup Tickets

little_miss_jag

I didn't realise that you could pick where in the stand you wanted. I though they were sellin them from the bottom up. The difference between a concession and an adult ticket is there is a wee stub torn off the concession. Hope it is ok for you to use at Livingston,Juggernaut.

Oh, you've got me slightly worried..... I think the stub you mean is still affixed.... so that should be OK...... shouldn't it???

Oh, you've got me slightly worried..... I think the stub you mean is still affixed.... so that should be OK...... shouldn't it???

The ticket has a tab at the end to denote that it's an adult ticket. If your ticket is a concession one then it'll not have the tab at the far right of the ticket as the "adult" part of the ticket will have been removed at some point.

Lesson learned then hopefully - get a season ticket :thumbsup2:

What's that got to do with the price of fish? I may or may not get a ticket but I have no particular issues with the way the club has sold their allocation or that Thistle supporters who don't go to many games are making the effort to go to a Cup Final. It simply proves the point that there are far more than 3.000 "genuine " Thistle Supporters - maybe some people like to feel they are part of a select elite group of true believers but I'd rather encourage anyone with the slightest interest or allegiance to come to the games...I thought that's what One Thistle wanted to do.

• Like 1

Guest fredthecheesecloth

What's that got to do with the price of fish? I may or may not get a ticket but I have no particular issues with the way the club has sold their allocation or that Thistle supporters who don't go to many games are making the effort to go to a Cup Final. It simply proves the point that there are far more than 3.000 "genuine " Thistle Supporters - maybe some people like to feel they are part of a select elite group of true believers but I'd rather encourage anyone with the slightest interest or allegiance to come to the games...I thought that's what One Thistle wanted to do.

On the price of fish point, I can see it rising soon due to the recent meat scandals.

• Like 1

True, but there are also a lot of glory hunters. I know three guys who are going; two were staunch supporters up until around 30 years ago, and one is the son of one of them, who has lived in England all his adult life. Sp, they'll be at the final, supporting the Jags (on a freebie hospitality deal), but I'm pretty sure that none of them will ever go to another Thistle match after this one.

It doesn't prove that point at all. How many of those "genuine" Thistle supporters stuck around for the game last night?

All it proves is that we have the potential for a big crowd when a big game comes up. Which we've known for some time.

What onethistle are trying to do is increase the attendance at ALL Partick Thistle matches. Games like the cup final sell themselves, but what the club have failed to do in the past is get those people attending regularly. Fortunately, thanks to onethistle, the club now have much more effective data capture processes in place to help with this. I don't have a problem with people who only want to go to the cup final to revel in the glory that they have done nothing to help create, that's fine, and on the day the club have made a bit of money out of them.

But all in all, how can these people call themselves genuine supporters?

I would love to have have asked all the people in the queue last night if they were sticking around for the game. If not, why not?

• Like 3

Lesson learned then hopefully - get a season ticket :thumbsup2:

What a smug, patronising reply that is. It's a cup final and it's sold out, emotions are running a bit higher than normal. There are many reasons why someone may or may not get a season ticket, none of which makes him or her a lesser fan than you. For the record, I agree that season ticket holders should get priority, but they shouldn't be gloating about it. We have had plenty of 'I'm a better fan than you' on Thistle forums in the past - I didn't realise it was now part of the One Thistle remit.

What a smug, patronising reply that is. It's a cup final and it's sold out, emotions are running a bit higher than normal. There are many reasons why someone may or may not get a season ticket, none of which makes him or her a lesser fan than you. For the record, I agree that season ticket holders should get priority, but they shouldn't be gloating about it. We have had plenty of 'I'm a better fan than you' on Thistle forums in the past - I didn't realise it was now part of the One Thistle remit.

How's life?

Or perhaps they didn't even know we were playing last night!

Good point. Not even a sniff of a poster with match details inside or outside Firhill yesterday. Big Shaggy was going into the players entrance and most folk didn't seem to recognise who it was.

True, but there are also a lot of glory hunters.

Is the Challenge Cup high up on the glory stakes? Does anyone really care if we actually win or lose this match? It's going to be a fantastic day out, but I don't think I'll be rending my garments if we don't win it ... an entertaining match will be more than enough. And some singing.

Why are folk mentioning OneThistle in this, i fail to understand how a ticket allocation selling out and the fact that some folk failed to get a ticket relates to the OneThistle group?

if there is a significant enough demand from PTFC, and QOTS are obliging, then sections U, V and W have still to be sold.

That is assuming that QOTS have started to, or plan to sell X, Y and Z in the South Stand. If not, then they too will become available.

Did anyone not getting a ticket not decide to go to the game? My dark side contemplated this thought when I saw the queue. Luckily, for me, I got my tickets and enjoyed our closing of the gap.

As PT said there are still tickets to be released and I trust the club will endeavour to get these arranged asap.

The words "brewery", "piss-up", "organise" and "couldnae" spring to mind. Had ordered and paid by phone for my tickets last week and was to pick them up last night.... but they were nowhere to be seen. So ended up with 2 random tickets from the few lying on the table on general sale, ... two concession tickets! Well, at least I've got tickets, but I don't take easily to having paid £30 for £10 worth of tickets.

This post has got me a bit concerned. I paid for my ticket by credit card over the phone (9-game ticket holder) shortly after they went on sale.

I planned on picking them up this coming Saturday before the game. Never even thought of picking them up last night. Should I be worried?

This post has got me a bit concerned. I paid for my ticket by credit card over the phone (9-game ticket holder) shortly after they went on sale.

I planned on picking them up this coming Saturday before the game. Never even thought of picking them up last night. Should I be worried?

Dunno, H. There was a box of (presumably paid-for) tickets in envelopes in a side room. Maxi looked through them all, but no envelope with my name was found, though like you I had paid and given my card details over the phone (my account has been debited). I'm thinking (hoping) that it's a simple error, and that somebody with a similar-sounding name has been given my original two tickets. If that is what's happened, then there should be two tickets (mine) available at the end of the entire sale. I hereby donate them to........................................................................................................................

Vegetarians Against The Nazis.

Why are folk mentioning OneThistle in this, i fail to understand how a ticket allocation selling out and the fact that some folk failed to get a ticket relates to the OneThistle group?

Don't think anyone has suggested this. I am delighted we have sold out our initial allocation even though I haven't got a ticket yet.

I'm just a bit disappointed at the attitude adopted by someone involved with One Thistle to those outwith a perceived maximum of 3,000 genuine supporters...I'm sure everyone appreciates the work you guys are doing but it doesn't seem a winning marketing strategy to reach the majority of the potential market by labelling them neutrals.

Anyway, it's all clearly Hugh Murray's fault B)