Ramsdens Cup Tickets

little_miss_jag

Can anyone tell me do i need to take anything to prove i bought a 9 game package or do they have a list when you go to buy??

Cheers in advance

They have massive spreadsheets of season ticket holders that they ticked, I'd assume the same for the 9 game package thing as well. If it is in your house you might as well take it along to be sure.

They took over 5000 to the challenge cup game in 1997 against Falkirk. Remember they are a side in great form well top of their league.

Given their form, their crowds haven't been great. I reckon it'll be a 6,500 - 3,500 split in our favour. I reckon we could sell the ground out by ourselves if we were given the chance.

Given their form, their crowds haven't been great. I reckon it'll be a 6,500 - 3,500 split in our favour. I reckon we could sell the ground out by ourselves if we were given the chance.

Its does look likely that both teams will have supporters who are going to miss out which is a shame. All our first allocation will probably be gone by the end of next week - get in early if you want a ticket!

Edit to add - does anybody know how many they took to Ibrox?

Edited by Alan Murray

Its does look likely that both teams will have supporters who are going to miss out which is a shame. All our first allocation will probably be gone by the end of next week - get in early if you want a ticket!

Edit to add - does anybody know how many they took to Ibrox?

Sorry but I don't agree. Our average gate this season is just over 3,000 - theirs I would imagine is less than that.

I would say that anyone from our support who hasn't got their arse in gear to get a ticket quite frankly doesn't want to be there. Same with Queens.

If the game does sell out, and I really hope it does, then I would say it's only neutrals that are going to miss out.

As for playing the game in a bigger stadium, there was no justification for that - given both teams average gates this year. Yes there will always be more interest in a cup final, which is why the game is being played in a stadium with a capacity of 10,000.

Sorry but I don't agree. Our average gate this season is just over 3,000 - theirs I would imagine is less than that.

I would say that anyone from our support who hasn't got their arse in gear to get a ticket quite frankly doesn't want to be there. Same with Queens.

If the game does sell out, and I really hope it does, then I would say it's only neutrals that are going to miss out.

As for playing the game in a bigger stadium, there was no justification for that - given both teams average gates this year. Yes there will always be more interest in a cup final, which is why the game is being played in a stadium with a capacity of 10,000.

I think you are underestimating our latent support - I know several people with an allegiance to Thistle but who don't go to games. They are not neutrals...they are the supporters who need to be encouraged and enthused...they might even come to Firhill more often.

I'm not sure that is fair. I've been making preparations for phoning up on Tuesday for the general sale, but there is no guarantee I will get through as only a limited number are available and only three phone lines available. I know very few season ticket holders and I imagine they all would have had people to get tickets for ahead of me.

Perhaps there was a case for selling tickets on a match day at Firhill. There must be some fans who attend most games that have difficulty getting to Glasgow on weekdays. Hopefully these guys will be accommodated by phone/postal arrangements.

Also on hindsight the extra capacity at East End Pk could have made it a better choice of venue always assuming more convenient SPL grounds are taboo.

I think you are underestimating our latent support - I know several people with an allegiance to Thistle but who don't go to games. They are not neutrals...they are the supporters who need to be encouraged and enthused...they might even come to Firhill more often.

Latent support? The question must be asked why are they so latent? What is stopping them going to Firhill on a regular basis?

I class these people as neutrals.

Genuine thistle fans? I'd say there aren't much more than 3,000. Attendance figures don't lie.

Call them neutrals, genuine fans, lapsed supporters, folk with jags leanings whatever, the Ramsdens final would've been an excellent time to ignite/re-ignite some extra supporters. I was going to arrange to get extra tickets for two lapsed and one neutral. To do that a couple of us, who already have tickets, were prepared to go back to Firhill for the public sale. Obviously we won't be doing that now as that would be milking the system and regular fans could suffer.

One of the byproducts of a showcase game should be to attract periphery support even at worst if it's only for that one day. Those lapsed fans can after all have kids as yet unattached to a football club and they in turn could be pointed in the right direction.

I'm not meaning to sound judgmental, I didn't think demand would be quite so high It's just a pity the decision makers didn't foresee a sell out and picked a ground with more capacity.

• Like 1

Don't forget that many season ticket-holders will be giving/selling their second ticket to regular attenders who don't have a season-ticket. So many non st-holdering regulars who want to go will already have their ticket. I think we'll probably sell out our original allocation, but only just. If we're clearly going to win the league, then demand may well outstrip supply.

Latent support? The question must be asked why are they so latent? What is stopping them going to Firhill on a regular basis?

I class these people as neutrals.

Genuine thistle fans? I'd say there aren't much more than 3,000. Attendance figures don't lie.

Well with that attitude I'm glad you have nothing to do with marketing and fan liason. ,

I'd say we have well over 3,000 fans, even if you're only wanting to include those who attend games fairly regularly. There are many fans who only make a handful of games a seasons, and many who only manage 6-10. These guys probably make up to 50% of our regular home support. Despite not being as regular attenders as the 1000 odd ST holders and at a guess I'd say 500 PATG fans who make pretty much every game, I'm sure you'll agree that a significant amount of cash comes from these fans. This (again I'm guesstimating) probably adds up to 10,000 odd people gracing Firhill's home end at least a couple of times a season.

Sadly the typical football fan is not your die hard dyed in the wool Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch fan that attends every game they can. Despite this being most people's perception of football fans, few people have the ability to dedicate so much of their time and earnings to their season tickets and fortnightly away trips (I admire those who can!). We need to cater for both types of fan, as we need to reward the Nick Hornbys for their dedication but also encourage those guys who don't make every game to attend an extra couple of games a season.

• Like 2